A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

Man this was like a three kleenex installment... we need a trip forum warning system here! What a wonderful memory for Sally :hug:

Amen to that!! I was reading this at work today and had to shut my door because I was just boo hooing!!

Oh, Miss Cammie. I'm so sorry your trip is almost over . . . d'ya think you could just continue on writing a trip report about life, maybe? You and your little family are going to be sorely missed!

Yay! :yay: A double post! Thanks so much, Miss Cammie! I have very much enjoyed your trip report and I am very sad that it is nearly done! :sad2: However..... I am very happy that the Campbellscots are going on another, LONGER, vacation in only one more month! :banana: :banana: Hope you are all having a super week and are enjoying your summer! :)

I can't believe you're almost to the end of your TR.

Teresa and I are still on day 5 of a 14 day trip, 2 months later! We're trying to speed things up a bit, too. No more taking 3 weeks to write about 1 day!

I love the picture of Sally holding Teddy's hand "on purpose"!

That Circle of Life show is really bad. I haven't seen it in a long time, but it ALWAYS needed an update!

I haven't seen Illuminations since I was a kid. I really want to try to see it on our next trip.

Can't wait for your next installment. Although, I'm sad it will probably be the last in this Tr. :sad2:

I just spent most of this morning reading through your TR. I loved it! I had to laugh out loud at several points, which made my cubemate shoot an evil eyebrow of her own...

I'm really enjoying your trip report. By the way your recall is amazing!!

No kidding! I have trouble remembering yesterday!! :rotfl: The couple times I did trip reports I would actually write stuff down at night in the hotel so I would remember the order stuff happened, that way I could write a semi accurate TR, or else it would all be lost!

I have spent the last two days reading your trip report. It is wonderful, however, I am supposed to be packing for my Disney trip. I can't wait for your next report. I wish you and your family great happiness. I am sure that you are counting down the days until your next trip.

No kidding! I have trouble remembering yesterday!! :rotfl: The couple times I did trip reports I would actually write stuff down at night in the hotel so I would remember the order stuff happened, that way I could write a semi accurate TR, or else it would all be lost!

::yes:: :thumbsup2

I am just dorky enough that I have a little notebook I keep in my park bag and I write stuff down all day long...funny things the kids have said, or done...how we felt about rides or food...dates, times of day etc. But then I've always been that way. I've always been the memory keeper! Jay gets after me sometimes b/c he wants to know if I'm EXPERIENCING or just writing about what everyone else is experiencing.

it's all the same thing isn't it? It's the way *I* experience things! :goodvibes

::yes:: :thumbsup2

I am just dorky enough that I have a little notebook I keep in my park bag and I write stuff down all day long...funny things the kids have said, or done...how we felt about rides or food...dates, times of day etc. But then I've always been that way. I've always been the memory keeper! Jay gets after me sometimes b/c he wants to know if I'm EXPERIENCING or just writing about what everyone else is experiencing.

it's all the same thing isn't it? It's the way *I* experience things! :goodvibes

That is a great idea! I'm going to bring one of those little notebooks with the attached springy pen with me on my Christmas trip this year. This is a Disney trip that I DEFINITELY don't want to forget so, thanks for the tip!:yay:

I loved Teddy's question to Crush. The burping question wasn't rude or bad like the "Are turtles stupid?" question that was asked five different ways the time I saw the attraction. I think some parents should ask their kids in advance what they will say to Crush:confused: .

I'm sad that your "shortened" trip is coming to an end, but happy that you will be experiencing the pixie dust again this August:wizard: .

Can't wait to see your ideas for your August trip!!:cheer2:

OK, I am a little late to this thread, and found it yesterday, and I was hooked...Good thing dinner practically cooked itself last night.

Your stories touched my heart. When Dh and I got married I already had a 4 and 5 year old. When we were away on vacation to Seaworld in CA, our waitress stopped and commented on how much our 2 children looked like their daddy(we were married less then a year). Silence at the table. We all just kind of sat there, till DD (4) looked at the waitress and said thank you very much, our daddy is cool. DS(5) said, wow, you must be rubbing off on us.. Tears(happy kind), escaped from both of us while the kids munched away

Last year, Daddy walked her down the aisle.(ex would never let him adopt them, even though he has been out of their lives since they were 9 and 8 and they are now 24 and 25)

I am a reverse transplant, born and raised in NJ (very italian family) and now live in the south!!!

I am looking forward to your next TR. Thank you for sharing.:flower3:

OK, I am a little late to this thread, and found it yesterday, and I was hooked...Good thing dinner practically cooked itself last night.

Your stories touched my heart. When Dh and I got married I already had a 4 and 5 year old. When we were away on vacation to Seaworld in CA, our waitress stopped and commented on how much our 2 children looked like their daddy(we were married less then a year). Silence at the table. We all just kind of sat there, till DD (4) looked at the waitress and said thank you very much, our daddy is cool. DS(5) said, wow, you must be rubbing off on us.. Tears(happy kind), escaped from both of us while the kids munched away

Last year, Daddy walked her down the aisle.(ex would never let him adopt them, even though he has been out of their lives since they were 9 and 8 and they are now 24 and 25)

I am a reverse transplant, born and raised in NJ (very italian family) and now live in the south!!!

I am looking forward to your next TR. Thank you for sharing.:flower3:

thanks so much for sharing that!! made me sniffly!!

Where in the South are y'all? It is my inner most dream to move South once more. I don't know when that will be a possibility, but it's in the works! Was it difficult to get used to life down South as a native Jersey girl? I need stories to tell my Yankee husband about how EASY such a move would be!!!:thumbsup2

thanks for reading!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

Took a few notes as I was reading.....

Had to laugh about the lady carrying the little boy who almost touched the ground! When I carry Lyddy, her feet are about a foot of the ground I think! I often tell her that soon, she is going to be the one carrying me! I think that Daddy needs to be more careful what he is saying!!!
:rotfl:

Summer Slightly dressy but still casual!!! Too funny MissCammie! You know we are going to see that start popping up on wedding invitations now!

Ahh the first taste of Beverly!!! I hope you got some pictures! I payed Courtney a quarter to drink it. Corey got it on video, but no one seems to know where that piece of footage is!

I liked the Garden Grill too. The characters were fantastic when we ate there. It was Lyddy's first character meal! She was 5 months old, and she loved it!

I LIKE the Nemo ride! :snooty: Did you go on it when it was just little blue cars on carpet?? THAT was boring!

Oh cool,Teddy got to talk to Crush!!!! Poor Sally though!

I love Teddy waving good bye to the ball and Sally saying see you next year!!!

Oh goodness, here I was getting all sad that your trip report was done, then you through in a teaser for the next installment!!! YIPPEE!!!:dance3: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana:

popcorn::

Cammie,

We are currently in NC thanks to the Air Force, and have been as far south as Biloxi Mississippi, and also SC. It was quite an adjustment for both of us(DH is from Philly, culture shock)

We miss the change of seasons, we seem to have 2 here, hot and cold. Its was a shock at first, we live in the country, and I do mean country, where you had better get out of the way of the farm machinery, they are bigger then you...lol

One of my first experiences was at the grocery store, when I was talking to the cashier, and her first response was, honey, you ain't from around here are ya? :lmao: Guess I still have my northern accent.

But honestly, we love it here, it is a very slow paced life, much better then the hustle and congestion of up north. We took DS to Atlanta for college and we realized we could never live in a big city again, way to much traffic. I still miss the shopping (our closest BIG mall is 50 miles away, thats our closest Disney store...lol) and I miss the food....oh cannolis, cheese steaks and Dunkin Donuts..how I miss you...and birch beer...oh my...I could cry...and Tastycakes..

But as 2 yankees...(as our southern friends call us) we truly love being here in the south, and once the culture shock wears off, your DH sould fit right in. If this spoiled Jersey girl can do it, anyone can.

thanks so much for sharing that!! made me sniffly!!

Where in the South are y'all? It is my inner most dream to move South once more. I don't know when that will be a possibility, but it's in the works! Was it difficult to get used to life down South as a native Jersey girl? I need stories to tell my Yankee husband about how EASY such a move would be!!!:thumbsup2

thanks for reading!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

Miss Cammie...your husband would love it here!! My DH is from Ohio and says he would NEVER go back...he hates to shovel snow!:rotfl: My BFF is from Jersey and she said she will never move back...so tell him...come on down...the weather is great!

Hey Kim,
Small world,
My sister in law lives in Salisbury!!!One of the reasons we chose the base in NC.

DS is going to go to Johnson and Wales in Charlotte in the fall.

Hey Kim,
Small world,
My sister in law lives in Salisbury!!!One of the reasons we chose the base in NC.

DS is going to go to Johnson and Wales in Charlotte in the fall.

Wow it is a small world! I know what you mean about Goldsboro...i have family from that area...it is small town living at it's best!:rotfl: But...you do live near the beach! That's a bouns! Since we moved here...it takes us at least 4 hours to a beach...used to be 2 to Wilmington! (We just moved to Salisbury in October of last year, but I'm a lifelong NC resident)

I forgot about the lack of Dunkin Doughnuts coffee...and cannoli...and real Italian red sauce...

hmmm...yep, I've definitely gotten spoiled on all the food here...and the access to a mall every five feet...and diner food...it's a wonder I don't weigh a ton! I'd miss all the boisterous Italians I've come to love here...but I would NOT miss the insane traffic and the general rudeness of people...and the outrageous expense of just BREATHING the air here.

It's a love/hate relationship I've got with this Yankee state!

I don't know how my husband would do, but I do know that it's a way of life I miss.

I'm working on him y'all...and North Carolina seems like a good compromise!

:goodvibes

NC Native here too! Miss Cammie you can't go wrong with NC! :) I live just North of Charlotte. Concord is a good size town but still has a bit of a small town feel to it.

There's been enough Yankee transplants to Charlotte and the surrounding area that you can find Dunkin Doughnuts coffee and all the other stuff you have in Jersey. And I've yet to meet a Yankee that wants to leave once they get here! :rotfl2:

NC would love to have the CampbellScot clan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter