• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

I'm beyond excited that people are liking my report!!

This trip was a bit of a "Dramady of Errors"...it's been a long emotional summer for all of us. The trip was great, but emotionally charged too. It made for some interesting moments...funny moments too!

It was SO typical that something like the "plane incident" would happen to me. I wasn't really surprised somehow!

No matter what, we definitely laughed more than we cried. I'd say 60/40 at least!;) Which was pretty good considering the rest of the summer!

thanks for reading everyone!! I'm working away at Chapter 3. I'd like to get us to Disneyworld before I tear myself away from the computer! I've done NOTHING today y'all...nothing but write our trip memoirs! Pictures will start to show up here and there! Y'all may be sorry about that!;)

I am jumping on board. This report is great.
I would have went off on that Mom and bad kid. But that is just me, my inter Donald comes out wayyyyy too much.:lmao:
I hope that you got to feeling better. Sounds like morning sickness to me, yuck!:scared1:

I should still be working but let's be honest... I don't want to do any work but I do want to be paid lots of money while not working. Is that so wrong? ;)

Ahem... you are a saint. I would have stuffed that little turd into the overhead baggage compartment and then I would have turned on mommy...letting the blood flow for added dramatic effect. ;)

At the very least an apology was in order and any decent human being with a shread of personal accountability would have offered to compensate you in some way for your hoodie.

So here's a post-traumatic flight hug from me ... :hug: I do hope things get better for you from this point on and you go ahead and cry as much as you need to (at least you're not crying over salmon... :lmao: ).

PS. I like Sally's style! :goodvibes

We finally landed in Orlando. Luckily there wasn't any more drama or bloodshed...

or was there?

I think my husband may have put the smack down on the Loud Child when nobody was looking...:confused3

The sweetest Flight Attendant EVER came to make sure I didn't want an ambulance to meet us at the airport. The Captain also paid me a visit, told me he was sorry about the "ruckus" and did I want to...get this..."PRESS ANY CHARGES"!!!::cop: :rotfl2:

No I did not, but just hearing him say that made me feel enormously vindicated. Probably b/c I'm mean. And Wicked.

The CampbellScots were allowed to exit the plane FIRST. We're cool like that. Bloody and Cool. Sally took a hold of my hand and threw evil looks over her shoulder the whole way. The mother of the Loud Child acted all offended that we were even mildly annoyed.

I gotta say, I know this child didn't hurt me "on purpose". But he wasn't sorry. He didn't seem to even know that he should have been sorry. It was clear that his bad behavior is excused, not corrected. I don't imagine he has ever been made to take responsibility for anything. He bullies his mom and she sees that as his "assertive personality" shining through. I see it as "Felony of the Future". *ahem*

SOoooo....we trooped off the plane and into the HEAT. It was 60 degrees when we left home. It was 90+ when we arrived in Orlando. The kids started stripping down...taking off sweat shirts and sweatpants.(They had shorts and tanks on underneath!) Normally I don't go for public stripping (this issue will be revisted later in the report!) but the line for the bathroom was LOOOOONG and we wanted to get our Disney groove on PRONTO!!!

So we hopped on the fake Monorail and headed towards baggage. I felt like people were staring a little as we walked along. Okay they WERE staring. Sally pointed it out. I know I had a shiner starting. Sally whispered to me...

"Miss Cammie, people are looking at your eye" To which I replied...

"No they aren't hunny. They are looking at me b/c I'm pretty". Natch. :rotfl2:

Actually, I think one person gave an obvious look. We're just paranoid. And I AM pretty...*ahem*

Our very nice driver from Tiffany Towncar was waiting. He had MY last name on the card, not my husband's. This annoys my husband a weens...But I am the one who made all the plans and reservations...and well...I haven't quite changed my last name yet...my passport doesn't expire until November 2008...and it's expensive to change it...and I travel a lot...and I LIKE my last name. I like my husband's last name too...it's great. It's not something weird. It's a good strong Scottish last name. I WILL take my husband's last name. I will. I've only just been married a year. But I will...I am...soon...wait...sorry, I hallucinated that I was in therapy again. It's the computer chair...it's the same color as the chair in my therapists office.

*cough*

Where were we? OH yes...Tiffany Towncar driver...very nice. We got our bags and pointed and laughed at all the people waiting for Disney's Magical Takes Forever No Kind of Express Express bus...and hopped into our lovely towncar. It wasn't a limo so there was a bit of crowding...a little shoving and elbowing...some namecalling...the kids weren't much better!;) But we all got situated and buckled in and we were OFF!!

The questions started rapid fire-

MissCammie what is that?! Where are we?! Are we still in AMERICA? LOOK at the PALM TREES!! Where is Pinkerbell? (that was teddy...insists her name is PINKerbell...) Where are we going? How many minutes? Teddy STOP touching me and looking at me...STOP!

Ahhhh vacation at it's finest!

We made a 20 minute stop at Publix grocery store. I love those first moments of vacation. You're on that "We're on vacation so no purchase is too silly or unnecessary" feeling. Which leads you to spending $70 on groceries for a six day trip...even though you're on the dining plan...but we NEEDED all that stuff. We DID! Seriously though, we did need cheerios and fish crackers and bottled water and Diet Coke. And we got some bread and Peanut Butter and Jelly for yours truly!I LIVE on PB&J.

After that we really headed for the Wilderness Lodge. Even though I had a black eye, and I felt nauseous and ick, I was SO excited. I could feel TEddy just trembling with excitement. He kept kissing my arm. :lmao: It's an excited response he has. He'll run up out of the blue and kiss my hand...which usually means he's had too much sugar. He's a Cassanova that boy. He told his mom he was going to marry me when he grew up. THAT went over well...

anyhow...

We were headed for Disneyworld. Our emotional Life Raft. The destination that cheered us on countless days. We were in the Magic Disney Bubble of Happiness and Anticipation. It felt good. Black eye or not!

As soon as I saw that sign I handed the camera to Jay. (He was in the front seat)

"Take a picture babe! QUICK"

"Cam, don't you have this picture from last year"

"JAY It's a DIFFERENT TRIP! Now make it SNAPPY MISTER! TAKE IT! Please. :flower3: "

100_0912.jpg

That's more like it!!:thumbsup2

That sign just gives me a thrill.

Teddy said "MISS CAMMIE LOOOK!!!! It's MINNIE MOUSE!!! She's the BOSS of Disneyworld Right MissCammie? Because she is in charge of her HUSBAND RIGHT?! She's the WHOLE BOSS OF THE WORLD"

:teacher:

::yes::

Good Boy!!!! I SWEAR y'all, I did NOT tell him any of that. He came up with it on his own. He's a brilliant child. BRILLIANT.

I smacked my husband lovingly on the back of the head.

"DID YOU HEAR YOUR SON?!"

Darn Tootin!

I got a little picture happy. Sally thought I was nuts. She pointed out that you can't get good pictures from a moving car. True. Smart girl.

Here's another one!!

100_0914.jpg

Love those Disney buses!!!

Then we arrived...we arrived at The Wilderness Lodge. It was every bit as grand a moment as we had imagined it would be. As we drove up towards the lodge I tried stay in that moment. We drove past the trees that do not naturally grow in Florida. They were brought over from the pacific Northwest!! I wanted to soak it all up and remember that intoxicating feeling of anticipation and overwhelming excitement and RELIEF to be away from the garbage of custody battles and non stop anxiety. Then my little step son grabbed my hand and said

"MissCammie this is SO happy isn't it?"

LOST IT. I cried all the way up the driveway. I annoy myself with this. I can't seem to control it.

Sally said "Happy Cry missCammie? Right?" Oh Lord, don't burden the children with your emotional upheaval. So I started laughing. It sounded a little bit hysterical, but it was laughter just the same. Jay turned around to look at me to make sure I wasn't having that break down I keep threatening to have. He asked me if I was okay. I tried to answer but I was laughing so hard I couldn't get any words out. This gets the kids giggling, and we are having a full blown laugh attack by the time we pull up to the lodge.

I think the driver thought we were all one brick shy of a load. He was 1 fourth right. Cuz i am. Don't judge. :)

A Lodge Ranger opened our door and said "Hello and Welcome Home".

It was OFFICIAL...vacation had begun. pixiedust:

Chapter 3 Part II up next!!!

I should still be working but let's be honest... I don't want to do any work but I do want to be paid lots of money while not working. Is that so wrong? ;)

Ahem... you are a saint. I would have stuffed that little turd into the overhead baggage compartment and then I would have turned on mommy...letting the blood flow for added dramatic effect. ;)

At the very least an apology was in order and any decent human being with a shread of personal accountability would have offered to compensate you in some way for your hoodie.

So here's a post-traumatic flight hug from me ... :hug: I do hope things get better for you from this point on and you go ahead and cry as much as you need to (at least you're not crying over salmon... :lmao: ).

PS. I like Sally's style! :goodvibes

Okay Brenda, you seem to be able to get a snort laugh out of me like no one else. I DIED laughing at the image of stuffing that child into the overhead bin and turning on his mother while blood flowed...very macabre...very VAMPIRE! LOVED IT!!!

Yep not even a "sorry"...nothing.

Sally is good people let me tell you. She wasn't kidding about strapping that kid to a parachute and pushing him out of the plane. She was deadly serious. I'm surprised she offered the parachute!

I am jumping on board. This report is great.
I would have went off on that Mom and bad kid. But that is just me, my inter Donald comes out wayyyyy too much.:lmao:
I hope that you got to feeling better. Sounds like morning sickness to me, yuck!:scared1:

Morning sickness?!:scared1: BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!;)

It was just a tummy bug I tell you...a TUMMY BUG! That's IT. NOTHING MORE! At ALL...seriously.

:)

Please dont keep us waiting to long Miss Cammie!!! Enjoying your report so far.....

Denise

I was thinking morning sickness too, but I didn't want to be the first to say it.....:ssst:

What in the name of DISNEY are all y'all even talking about?!

This isn't sickness in the morning people...it's all day sickness. It's "gross I just smelled garbage" barf immediately sickness. THAT is not a symptom of what y'all are insinuating...*ahem*

IT IS A TUMMY BUG.

it IS.

Stop Laughing.

tummy bug.

:headache:

Sally whispered to me...

"Miss Cammie, people are looking at your eye" To which I replied...

"No they aren't hunny. They are looking at me b/c I'm pretty". Natch. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I so need to use that line. I have an insulin pump and I have a patch on my stomach where I hook it on. And when we go to water parks people are always staring at it.

:rotfl: I so need to use that line. I have an insulin pump and I have a patch on my stomach where I hook it on. And when we go to water parks people are always staring at it.

I'll bet people ARE staring b/c you ARE pretty! I'll bet you ROCK that insulin pump and patch combo!! VERY this season!!!:thumbsup2

people are SO rude. I hate it.

When my step daughter trips and/or falls in public and gets embarrassed by it I always say that people are staring b/c she's so pretty.

I hope I'm not enabling a future case of narcissism!!

at the very least it makes her laugh. :laughing:

Hope your feeling better, BTW my "morning sickness" lasted all day long for three and 1/2 months. Hope you are all better now.:goodvibes

Awesome report so far!

Maybe you could have smacked the obnoxious kid's mom upside the head, and said "Oops! I have muscle spasms! It's not my fault!"

Bless your heart, Miss Cammie! I am IN! I am fuming over that kid on the plane...and, yes, you could have (perhaps should have) pressed charges against the little thing. Maybe his mother would have thought twice :confused3

Or the over head compartment. That was a great idea, too.;)

Hope you're feeling better.

I'll bet people ARE staring b/c you ARE pretty! I'll bet you ROCK that insulin pump and patch combo!! VERY this season!!!:thumbsup2

people are SO rude. I hate it.

When my step daughter trips and/or falls in public and gets embarrassed by it I always say that people are staring b/c she's so pretty.

I hope I'm not enabling a future case of narcissism!!

at the very least it makes her laugh. :laughing:

:goodvibes No way are you the wicked step mother. Your more like the fairy godmother.

:goodvibes No way are you the wicked step mother. Your more like the fairy godmother.

you'll have to ask the kiddos that when MissCammie has had it up to HERE with the bickering and has placed them both in timeout until "I don't feel annoyed anymore".:rotfl: (I only did that ONCE...maybe twice, but DEFINITELY no more than three times...I think...)

wicked...what can I say?

;)

I love your report so far. You have a great writing style and an awesome sense of humor.

I think it is great that you love your step-kids so much and it is wonderful that you refuse to put them in the middle of the struggles you and DH have with their mother.

Can't wait to hear more!

Great report! cant wait to read more! you have such a knack for writing! Your family is like a movie! lol

*ahem* quit taking the pg test and type the rest of the report.:lmao: Just joking! Not about the trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter