A Celebration Trip Full of Surprises - May 2015 PTR (New 9/15 - New TR Link!)

I haven't been on the Dis for a few days and I just realized... YOU'RE PLAYING WITH HARRY TODAY!! Yay!!!!!! :banana:
I hope you guys are having an amazing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww, I had wondered (and forgot to ask) how Anika got ahold of the graduation Mickey ears already on Saturday afternoon! Now I know... :laughing: LOVE THEM! :thumbsup2 Again, it was SO great to meet you two - you are just as awesome and sweet as I expected you'd be! :goodvibes

I hope that you're having a fantastic time! I can't wait to read about Anikas reaction to Universal! Or her reaction to any of the surprises.

So can you, like, just get home already so that I can start reading your TR..?

JUST KIDDING, stay there forever!! I hope you're having an amazing time! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Finally caught up on the PTR! My mind is boggled that I met you WAY back on our trip and you still have another week left. :faint: I hope everything is going fabulously and it was so fun to meet you both! See you real soon! :wave2:

I hope you are having a fabulous trip. Can't wait to read all about it!

Loved reading your PTR! Hope you are having a fantastic time! I can't wait to read all about it when you return! :thumbsup2

Let's see... today is June 9th you should be back now. And unfortunately probably at work. So welcome back. Not that you're happy to be back at work, but welcome home. I hope everything went great.

I know it is going to take some time to adjust to normal life after that long trip, but hurry up and get with it, because we want to hear all about the surprises!!!!!

Just kidding, take your time, we'll be here. :thumbsup2

We're home!!!

:-) :sad: :goodvibes

Overall, the trip was amazing, but we definitely had our share of bumps along the way. Both of us got sick during the trip (I now know where the Celebration Urgent Care is! :crutches:), but thankfully, we weren't down for long. We stuck to our itinerary most of the time yet may a few slight changes along the way (see the aforementioned illnesses :p ).

For starters, I will say that both the previous and the new sections of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter were AMAZING and picking a favorite ride between their two headliners is impossible. Both are completely awesome for totally different reasons. Universal definitely grew on me during this trip, although it will never take the place of Disney. Disney-wise, we ate TONS of great food and really enjoyed trying out the different resorts. I will say I wasn't always impressed with the Riverside bus service - our running joke throughout the trip is we should've stayed at Caribbean Beach as we saw those busses EVERYWHERE. :laughing:

The two big surprises of Universal and the Grand Floridian... you'll have to stay tuned to hear about those reactions. ;) We'll just say for now that both of them remained big surprises until their reveal. :thumbsup2

It was fantastic and wonderful to have the opportunity to meet a few of you on this trip - my first DISmeets ever! :woohoo: Anika was a little nervous about meeting strangers ("So, we're meeting random people from the Internet?!" :scared: ), but she agreed that everyone we met was very nice. I hope to have more DISmeets in the future!

I have a mountain of things to work on this week before my annual work conference next week, so I apologize if my presence will be sparse until after the conference. It appears I have a lot of trip reports to catch up on and several new trip reports to join!

I will try to respond to your comments in the next few days before heading out to the conference. Upon my return, I'll wrap up the 2013 trip posts while I get my pictures sorted and my Memory Maker photos edited. I will post the trip report link as soon as it's up and running!

Please stay tuned and thanks for reading! :D

OOOOHHHHH...I can't wait to read about this trip!

We came home with some lovely upper respiratory virus. It was pretty bad for a few days. I hope whatever you guys faced was much milder and shorter lived!

Lynn

Can't wait to hear more abou the trip!! Sorry there were illnesses on the way...but hope it was mostly good!

We're home!!!

:-) :sad: :goodvibes

Haha, yeah, that's about right. :welcome: home just the same.

Both of us got sick during the trip (I now know where the Celebration Urgent Care is!

UGH, so sorry Jenny. But I bet it will make for some interesting stories.

Anika was a little nervous about meeting strangers ("So, we're meeting random people from the Internet?!"

Never change Ah-Nik-Ah. Question is, how did this initially compare to meeting Disney characters.

Really looking forward to hearing all about it Jenny. Although I do expect to be jealous of the epic-ness (outside of the illness of course.) :goodvibes

Saw your comment on Dugette's thread, so I wanted to catch up on your PTR. While I just read the highlights, I can't wait to read the trip report!

Welcome home! I am so excited to read all about it! Sorry you encountered some bumps, but I'm glad that it was overall a good trip :goodvibes

Anika was a little nervous about meeting strangers ("So, we're meeting random people from the Internet?!" :scared: ), but she agreed that everyone we met was very nice. I hope to have more DISmeets in the future!

I am literally :rotfl: and :rotfl2: and :laughing: over this! That's the exact reaction my family gives me too!!! :laughing:

Good luck prepping for your work conference. We'll be here and waiting, no worries! :goodvibes

LOL...meeting strangers from the internet...that was me many years ago...but I wouldn't have met my DH if it wasn't for it! (I didn't exactly meet him online, I met his roommate through a friend whom I met online). But I must say...I love my DISmeets!! Welcome back!

Welcome back! So glad you had a great trip, despite getting sick! YAY for your first DISmeets! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Welcome home! It's kind of discouraging though -- if the epic trip you were planning had an end, then there's no hope for the rest of us to experience "perpetual Disney". I guess that's what trip reports are for. And speaking of which, can't wait for yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter