"$70.00 in 5 hours for extra $$"- need help here

shefor24

Mouseketeer
I have been seeing that thread to "earn $70.00 in 5 hours for extra Disney money" thread for some time now. With over 5000 posts now, I see that this is not a gimmick :goodvibes , and now I find I really should check into a part time job (58 hours a week at regular job isn't enough for me), so I signed up for the Snagajob.com site and I think I signed up for the right one. I guess I am confused, before I fill out the official application for this, I'd like to hear more about this. I fill wierd filling out a job application , all the info, on line. And I don't want to have to read over 5000 posts to get my answers I need to proceed with doing this. I think I read about the first 15 pages or so. Tell me -do you sign up for what you want to do, then they send stuff to your house to do for this or what? How do they know what hours you worked/and that the work was truly performed? Can you pick your own hours- to a certain point? Can someone sum all the info up for me? I'd sure appreciate it.

Confused but curious....popcorn::

I signed up on the site and have been working for them on weekends for some time very easy work you hand out samples at local stores you can pick which ones from their list and they send you what you need or send it to the store. Pay check comes like clock work never had a problem with mass connections. usually you work 1-5 at least at Target.

Anyone else? Pros/Cons.... Are the hours almost always 1-5 and is it almost always Saturday and Sunday's?

I don't mean to be rude but you really need to read the first 100 pages or so of the thread to get the info you need. It's not fair for someone to just come over here and sum it up for you b/c you don't want to read it all.

I did the Mass Connections and it was easy money. Paycheck were always on time and correct. The only thing I didn't like is at least half the time the manager at the store wasn't expecting me and didn't know where my box was. I did get some at home which made it easier. It was hard getting jobs near to where I live too.
The above poster is right, I had all of my questions answered through that LONG post, so if you're interested read it, it will tell you everything you need to know.

100 pages!! :scared1:

I've been wondering the same thing that the OP was, but why read 100 pages, when some nice helpful person here could easily sum it up and help us out? :confused3

100 pages!! :scared1:

I've been wondering the same thing that the OP was, but why read 100 pages, when some nice helpful person here could easily sum it up and help us out? :confused3

Yeah, apparently "kindness" has been replaced with the mentality of "I spent 5 hours reading 100 pages of posts so you should, too." So much for helping someone out, huh! I guess we should stop asking for info about Disney realted stuff, too. So many people have spent hundreds of hours gleaning the information they posess in their skulls about Disney... perhaps EVERYONE should just be expected to do all that reading and research, too?

So what if she doesn't have time to read through all of that? If you don't want to share what you know and you think it better for someone to just read it themself, then SAY nothing and just move along..... move along.... :rolleyes:

Thank you... that was very well put!!! :grouphug:
I need something pt, I homeschool and don't have time to read 100 pages of stuff. If someone is kind enough to share a few sentences... they are a blessing!

Here's the run down

apply, they call, you answer questions- send in some papers- I-9 etc.

You wait and get your debit card and welcome packet

You log on to the website, and pick the dates to search, and the mileage from a zip code

You then choose which you want to do

Now, you can read those pages, and find out what ones to pick and what ones not to pick- what stores are better what are worse, who to call when you have a problem, etc..

I read the entire post, signed up and am happy with my choice.

I do however suggest, if you need more info, you at least skim through the first 10 pages or so of the thread, then skip a few 100 and read some more...

Brandy

Its not that no one wants to be nice, its just thats theres a lot of info in the first 100 pages maybe less of when everyone got started that would really help you get started as well. MOst of the people that go in that thread and ask ?'s are also asked to read the first set of pages or so before they start asking questions.
Anybody can give you a run down but when you start doing, you will have lots of questions that are answered over and over when we all started doing it.
Basicly you sign up and fill out some forms, you have to mail them some forms as well, wait for your phone call and then where you will be working and you login info. You go to the website, look for events and pick the ones you want to do. Most events are on weekend 11-4 or 12-4 or 1-5.

Sorry for the folks that got offended but if it was as simple as that, we wouldnt have nrealy 5000 posts. Believe me, after you get your stuff you will WANT to read those pages, theres a couple of members that have posted some great how to guides that can be found on those pages as well as tips and other important stuff.

I suggested reading those pages because there is a WEALTH of information in them. Sorry you got offended.

I just had to respond, because I found it so interesting. I think you can compare it to saying..I'd like to go to Disney, but I don't have time to read the posts for the info I need. So could someone sum it up for me? I'd like to know the budget (cheapest) way to go, for a car, a hotel room, and plane tickets, and the cheapest way to eat. I'm not interested in what worked for others..I just want the best way summed up so I can use it. Never mind all the ways to save money..just give me the best in a nutshell. How can someone do that?

While I didn't use the info, because I didn't want a part time job, I did read the thread as it went, and it's amazing to me how much everyone shared, on what would be the best ways to go about it. I can't imagine wanting to do this, and not reading the thread. I'd also hate to see it become two threads, and the first one be burried, after all the work responding people did.

Very well put! I have twin girls who are 15 and have to be hauled around to/from drivers ed, and band stuff and everything else for high school, and I have a three year old boy who needs my full attention-he thinks. I work about 56-58 hours a week plus supper, keep house clean, yard work, etc. When the sun goes down I go to bed! :headache: Wish I had time to sit and read the first 100 pages of a post.
Now to the other side of it- I will try and read -at least skim through- a few pages a day to obtain a few more answers. Sounds like something I want to do. I am trying to save enough money to send the twins to Germany for 4 weeks with the German class next year. Maybe Disney if I continue with it.
Thank you for the information so far. I do appreciate all of it.:thumbsup2

My only point was... if someone asks a favor, it's rude to shut them down by telling them they should just go do it themself. If you don't wanna help... don't! There were people willing to sum it up and did so nicely. That's all the OP was looking for, right? If AFTER the summing up of the basic premise the person is interested and thinks it's worth the time, then I am SURE she will go back and read the thread in it's entirely.

No one ever said there wasn't any merit to reading the entire thread, it was just something that was avoidable for a person trying to get a very skeletal overview of what it was about. It was the comment about "everyone else took the time to read it so you should too" that was unnecessary. I guess I bothered posting because I, too, was interested in the summary. Thanks to those of you who provided one! I know now that it's not for me and you saved me a lot of time! :goodvibes

I just had to respond, because I found it so interesting. I think you can compare it to saying..I'd like to go to Disney, but I don't have time to read the posts for the info I need. So could someone sum it up for me? I'd like to know the budget (cheapest) way to go, for a car, a hotel room, and plane tickets, and the cheapest way to eat. I'm not interested in what worked for others..I just want the best way summed up so I can use it. Never mind all the ways to save money..just give me the best in a nutshell. How can someone do that?

While I didn't use the info, because I didn't want a part time job, I did read the thread as it went, and it's amazing to me how much everyone shared, on what would be the best ways to go about it. I can't imagine wanting to do this, and not reading the thread. I'd also hate to see it become two threads, and the first one be burried, after all the work responding people did.

A helpful response to the scenario you set up:

If you're looking to visit WDW the cheapest way possible you should decide if you want to stay on property or not first. If yes, then the value resorts are the way to go, if not then there are hotels in the Orlando area that are cheaper that you can find through Orbitz. If you stay on property and are flying, then renting a car is not necessary as you can use the Magical Express to get to your resort from the hotel for free. Plane tickets can be found at a good price through Southwest's Ding! system or through Kayak.com. As for food, you can pack things in your luggage for breakfast like granola bars and such.. if you want to have nice dining experiences for your daily meals, then I highly reccommend the Disney Dining Plan, you can read more here: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/packages07a.htm
If you're not planning on making dining a big part of your trip, then counter service meals are the way to go, and you can split them between multiple members in your party, as they are pretty big!

That's a summary that gives a person a good place to start, you know? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter