• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7 months pregnant at WDW...would you do it?

Gone twice pregnant. You're more limited on what you cna do, but I always enjoy WDW. :)
I vote ask your doc and if they say sure go for it!
Only time I woudln't go if pregnant? SUMMER:eek:

We went when I was 24 weeks and we had a wonderful time. From about 20-32 weeks, I had more energy than I normally had not pregnant, I was like a whirling dervish! I felt great, and was not even in maternity clothes all the time yet. I could not ride the herky jerky rides, but other than that, was unrestricted. I believe the most airlines will let you fly up until 30 days before your due date, so at 7 months, you should be fine. Check out this link, it has some helpful information.

http://www.babycenter.com/general/pregnancytravel/pregnancy/6976.html

With respect to the risk of having something happen far from home, well, my opinion is that anything can happen anytime, anywhere. It doesn't matter if you're pregnant or not. You can't live in a bubble when you're pregnant. I traveled all over the place when I was expecting, right up to just about 1 month before my DD was born. I took sensible precautions, and went on with my life. It's all about what you feel comfortable doing. Don't let anyone scare you if you want to go.

Good luck with your decision.

Not only would I do it, I have done it, TWICE!! And had a wonderful time both trips. They were certainly differently paced trips than others, but were very special in their own ways. I made sure I had my insurance card and a copy of my OB chart in case of emergency. I took my vitamins, ate good balanced meals and drank lots of water. And we took swimming breaks and I got into a tub to unwind at the end of the day. It was wonderful. Invest in a maternity swim suit and take advantage of the pools - it is a great way to cool off and the best way I found to relieve stress on my hips and back.

If you are feeling good and your pregnancy is low risk, go ahead and have fun! You are pregnant, not sick! I agree with not living in a bubble. If something is going to go wrong, it will go wrong wherever you are.

I went on a long weekend to Vancouver, BC (no flying, but a 3 hour drive) at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. We walked and walked and walked. It was great; I felt wonderful. We really needed that last bit of couple time before dd arrived.

Drink lots of water and listen to your body. I would also suggest doing regular exercise throughout your pregnancy. It will help keep you in shape and more comfy to do a trip to Disney.

We went when I was 32 weeks pregnant with my OBGYN blessing (he said he took his wife when she was 34 weeks pregnant, but then she had a Dr. with her!!!:D ) I was really sick most of the pregnancy, but felt the best from 6 to 8 months. (baby was fine, I just couldn't eat.) Our trip was early Feburay and is was cool, I was sad about that but I helped, no swelling or any troubles of any kind. Infact I felt the best that week just getting away to my very favorite place of all time and dreaming about how fun it will be to share it with my child later. (I also was very "small" for someone that far along, it wasn't until after that I "popped out!" Staff was really nice to us and gave us a room with minimal walking distance.

I would consider it if you can if you can cancel up to a month before with no consequnces, if not wait until later. A month before you should have a good idea how the pregancy is going and if you are up to it.

Also what time around Christmas? Before the 20th is pretty low crowds, but it can be crazy after that. We took DD the next year (Dec 2001) when she was 8 months old and had a blast, but it was Dec 13 to 20th. I really recomend that if you can.

You won't be the only pregant women there, but far. Infact on the plane ride home there were 3 other VERY pregnant women, one with twins!

Good luck and congradulations!!!!

I wouldn't go in December. Even though everthing is fine now, you can't see what could happen in Dec. Your OB might want you on bed rest etc. You might be exhausted tired and not up for long days walking etc. Besides for all that I would be afraid to fly that late in pregnancy. Okay I would be afraid to fly pregnant at all. If you talk to your Dr. then maybe you can get a letter to get out of any penalty fee from the airline.

I went at 30 weeks with 2nd baby.

It was a whirlwind 5 day trip, but we had a blast. By no means was I one of these women who didn't show, I had a CM offer me an electric scooter to get to the outpost at AK:p No thank you. I probably looked 9 mo. pregnant, and it was a very warm day in late November.

I would do it again in a heartbeat (no, wait, we aren't having any more children).

Listen to your heart and your Dr. they are really the only two opinions that matter (and maybe DH).

I'm right there with you! We will be going Oct. 18-24th and I will be 7 months along then. I've talked to my OB and she said that it was perfectly fine. If I felt good, no problem. I'm at 161/2 weeks now and so far (knock knock) everything is normal.

I was hesistant at first. We thought about going earlier -- maybe 1st part of Sept. but we normally go during this time and it is HOT!!!! So we chose to shift it back to mid to late Oct. Hopefully cooler a little plus we get to enjoy the F&W Fest!

We are calling this trip our "babymoon" since it will probably be the last trip as just a couple (not yet a family;) )!

loveswdw

I went when I was 6 months pregnant - also in December. I had easy pregnancies and felt great. We were there for Christmas and New Year's and the weather was warm but not hot. I recommend you book the trip and then see how you are feeling. You can always postpone - hotels will allow you to reschedule usually with no penalty and airlines may charge a change fee of $100 to alter your flight schedule. Not a huge risk.

Sorry I didn't take time to read all the responses but I'd recommend having some back up plan in case you cannot go (some way to refund your money...travel insurance perhaps?). I went on bedrest towards the end of my 2nd pregnancy and didn't feel well for a month or two before that so keep that in mind. Check with your doctor too and get her/his opinion! Does the airline have a problem flying someone 7 months pregnant? I know that have restrictions on that kind of thing - not sure of the cut off. If you can move your trip to early November (or earlier but avoid hot weather) that could be great! Also a spring trip could be fun too cause at least you could ride stuff.

Have a great time!

Hi!
I went to WDW in December 2000 when I was 8 months pregnant with my 2 year old DD in tow. We did MVMCP while there and it was the most enjoyable because of the cooler evening temps. My best advice is to take advantage of the First Aid stations if necessary. My feet were very swollen; so, blisters were a definite. The nurses at the First Aid were very helpful and offered me plenty of (free) bandages and moleskin.

Drink lots of water, take breaks, and utilize all the extra attention you'll receive from other vacationers and CM's.

I also took copies of my OB records with us. We were driving from NC, so there was no worry with airlines.

I used the following theory to decide what attractions to ride: If my 2 year old DD could ride, then I should certainly be safe in riding. :cool:

Anyway, good luck and have fun!

Have a Disney Day!

I did it in May when I was 6 months pregnant. Everytime the rest of my family wanted to ride something I couldn't-- I always found something else enjoyable to do. (Usually shopping.) My favorite thing I bought was a personalized "Babies First Christmas" ornament from the Christmas store in DD! It took a day or two to have his name painted on it. We had two way communications to help us meet back up with each other. That was great! I wouldn't trade our wonderful trip to WDW for anything!

Hi,

We went when I was 7 months pregnant and if that wasn't enough we had our 18 month old DS with us also. Then to top it off we went over 4th of July. This was a couple of years ago when crowds for Disney were at there peak. The heat was pretty bad also. Being pregant wasn't as bad as having our 18 month old. They are such a handful at that time. I even rode the Safari ride at Animal Kingdom. They made me sit in the front. It's less bumpy there. I would go, but as other have said check with the doctor and insurance. Have a great time if you decide to go.

I went in last Sept and I was 6 months preg. The doc. said I was fine and as long as I took it easy it would be okay. there were lots of things other than the rides to do and dh went on most of the rides with our ds. It was still VERY hot, just make sure you drink LOTS of water and rest often

I went January 2-5 2003. My DS was born February 28. I wanted to go as late in my pregnancy as possible as it was our special "goodbye to my baby, hello to my big girl" trip. We knew that life as DD knew it was going to change and we wanted her big big memory to be awesome (and it was!) My DD was 2 1/2 at the time and wakes up every morning asking me if I remember Mickey! I was careful, when Emma took her nap, I took a nap. She went to bed early, we went to bed early. We swam in the pool and generally enjoyed ourselves. I went on quite a few rides, but nothing jarring and nothing dangerous. We're taking Emma and DS in October (she's learning to count backwards) and I am looking forward to getting to go on all my favorites this time! Also, I don't remember where in the US you live, but We were only a 2 hour flight from home, and obviously within driving distance of a hospital. I had no problems with the airline, just get a note from you DR saying you are OK to fly (you can fly until 34 weeks)

Have FUN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter