~ 6 Hit the World for XMAS ~ UPDATED 06/19/08

So This is the morning of the 30th. THis is our last full day Here at Disney! We need to start cramming things in because we don't know when we are going back. I decided that I wanted to tour some of the hotels mainly the boardwalk because that is where I have always wanted to stay! With all of our counter service meals pretty much left we said let's use them today and I said Great we can go to the bakery at the Boardwalk and have breakfast. She we all got dressed and got on the bus to go to the boat and then we hopped on the bus at the MK to go Boardwalk. We were the only ones on the bus! Everyone seemed to be at MK it was so congested just trying to get from the boat docks to the buses. I think they shut the park down at noon that day! I was in total awe for the boardwalk as it came into site. With camera ready I started snapping pictures!

The entrance
DsineyXMAStrip07155.jpg

The grounds
DsineyXMAStrip07156.jpg

Now this is what we were in search of! Things we had seen on either Samantha Brown or Raven's Disney special. Here is the gazebo made of gingerbread and Chocolate MMMMMMMMMM!
DsineyXMAStrip07157.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07158.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07159.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07160.jpg

Now for the decorations, they are so beautiful. I think this is my most favorite place for well everything.
DsineyXMAStrip07161.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07162.jpg

Ok we are getting HUNGRY MOM can we Eat! So we went out in search of the Bakery!There is a line and it is hard to see what you really want because there isn't much room. Kids got chocolate chip muffins and I got a Chocolate croissant :bitelip: Let me just say that I could have gotten one muffin to split between the boys they were HUGE! Sorry no picture we were hungry! Stephen got a muffin to and mom got some sort of breakfast sandwich on a croissant we all got TWO drinks. The second drinks ended up getting squished in the back pack later that day!
So we ate outside on the boardwalk by the ESPN club.
DsineyXMAStrip07163.jpg

Now these picture I tried to do a panoramic view which came out great before the were stored in an album.
DsineyXMAStrip07164.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07165.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07166.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07167.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07168.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07169.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07170.jpg

Here is Stephen standing by the surreys we didn't ride them but we thought they were cool!
DsineyXMAStrip07171.jpg

Here is a picture of the Beach club and storm-a-long bay. We didn't make it over to see them this is as far as we went. I was kinda disappointed that the boardwalk open the little shoppes were closed and it wasn't in FULL SWING to say! We shopped in the little stores in the hotel.I got a great deal on some christmas cards they were half price! I bought two boxes!
DsineyXMAStrip07172.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07173.jpg

I had to take a picture of the pool area because it is so awesome! It reminds me of growing up on the beach we had a boardwalk type place Nantasket Beach there was an amusement park and the beach with all the game places on the boardwalk.
DsineyXMAStrip07174.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07175.jpg

Up next we leave for lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe`

Oh my I do love the Boardwalk!:cloud9: That pool IS awesome. I tell you, I can't think of 1 bad thing to say about the place. I would definitely go back there again. You got some great pictures. I think you got more than me and I was there for 5 days:lmao: !

I hope you get to stay there.

For some reason I thought your TR ended on christmas day, don't know why I thought that. But I was happy to read more. I used to really dislike AK but now it's up there with all my favorites which are, MK, MGM, and Epcot!!! I guess that's all of them huh?

UUUHHHEMM! you readie+ you leave postie = me a happy camper:lovestruc :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

haha, you got it! I just found your TR (thanks for posting on mine!) and love it!! I am enjoying all of your pictures. We've been to WDW 3 times right after Christmas and I love all the decorations everywhere-it's really magical! Especially the dream lights this past year. I could've stared at the castle for hours. :goodvibes

On one of our trips we also went to Universal. We saw the Grinch and he was sooo good...very grinchy. LOL. I was too chicken to ride the Hulk...

Ok, I'm off to read the last 2 pages!

I love the Boardwalk. Thanks for the pictures. I must stay their now.

:offtopic: I have to get my DH a Grumpy shirt like your DH has. Where did you find it. DS and I always pack a few Grumpy shirts for DH without telling him. That would be such a great surprise.

Oh my I do love the Boardwalk!:cloud9: That pool IS awesome. I tell you, I can't think of 1 bad thing to say about the place. I would definitely go back there again. You got some great pictures. I think you got more than me and I was there for 5 days:lmao: !

I hope you get to stay there.

OH ME TOO!!!! Stephen is trying to weasel out on the deal because we are in the midst of building a modular house and that wasn't even in the plans two months ago. So Now he is saying hhhm don't think we can afford Disney! I was Like then we will leave your A$$ home and it will be that much cheaper! :rotfl2: Don't mess with my Disney plans!! YOU PROMISED!

For some reason I thought your TR ended on christmas day, don't know why I thought that. But I was happy to read more. I used to really dislike AK but now it's up there with all my favorites which are, MK, MGM, and Epcot!!! I guess that's all of them huh?

Nope Ten Glorious days Dec 22-31. YEAH!
I think My favorite is Epcot, then MK AND then Hollywood studio's (yuck hate calling it that) and then Animal kingdom is my least I think!

haha, you got it! I just found your TR (thanks for posting on mine!) and love it!! I am enjoying all of your pictures. We've been to WDW 3 times right after Christmas and I love all the decorations everywhere-it's really magical! Especially the dream lights this past year. I could've stared at the castle for hours. :goodvibes

On one of our trips we also went to Universal. We saw the Grinch and he was sooo good...very grinchy. LOL. I was too chicken to ride the Hulk...

Ok, I'm off to read the last 2 pages!
:welcome:
The castle Dream lights :cloud9: It is my screen saver on my cell phone and I tend to just stare and dream about it!

I love the Boardwalk. Thanks for the pictures. I must stay their now.

:offtopic: I have to get my DH a Grumpy shirt like your DH has. Where did you find it. DS and I always pack a few Grumpy shirts for DH without telling him. That would be such a great surprise.

Which grumpy shirt are you reffering to I think he has about 4 of them! I think you maybe talking about the brown one that he had on at the boardwalk. I got that at KMART! They have Disney shirts and they are cheap! He was asked several times that day where he got it because everyone loved it! My mom was hesitant on letting me buy it because she thought it was rude!

Which grumpy shirt are you reffering to I think he has about 4 of them! I think you maybe talking about the brown one that he had on at the boardwalk. I got that at KMART! They have Disney shirts and they are cheap! He was asked several times that day where he got it because everyone loved it! My mom was hesitant on letting me buy it because she thought it was rude![/QUOTE]

Yes, thats the one I was talking about. They closed all the KMarts in our area several years ago :furious: I wander if they have them online:confused:. I will be checking that out. Thanks! Your trip is great and I loved watching the video of your daughter ice skating.

OH ME TOO!!!! Stephen is trying to weasel out on the deal because we are in the midst of building a modular house and that wasn't even in the plans two months ago. So Now he is saying hhhm don't think we can afford Disney! I was Like then we will leave your A$$ home and it will be that much cheaper! :rotfl2: Don't mess with my Disney plans!! YOU PROMISED!
Yeah!! You tell him! I think I'd be the same way, heck I KNOW I'd be the same way.

I just read your entire report so far this afternoon and love your pics and writing style! Great report!

One comment about the Polynesian Luau - my DBFF & I were running late for the show in February (took the wrong monorail from MK) and ended up 45 min late. Well, this really nice young lady took us to our seats where we thought we were going to be up in the back when all of a sudden she turns quickly and seated us down in the front row!! We were flabbergasted! In fact, thru the whole trip, we ended up in front rows of many rides (Soarin' which was our first time, Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mtn RR, to name a few). Plus we stayed at the Boardwalk and got an awesome room over Wayland Gallery with a huge balcony.

Your kids are so adorable and I really loved that your daughter did the BBBoutique.

I can't wait to go in December to see all the Christmas decorations - esp at the Boardwalk!

Yes, thats the one I was talking about. They closed all the KMarts in our area several years ago :furious: I wander if they have them online:confused:. I will be checking that out. Thanks! Your trip is great and I loved watching the video of your daughter ice skating.

I think I told Dh about you asking about his shirt and he found it and wore it tonight! He got a few people asking about it too! Thanks you all three of my kids skate, she of course is the oldest so she has been doing it the longest

Yeah!! You tell him! I think I'd be the same way, heck I KNOW I'd be the same way.
We just saved a bunch on the house by cutting things out so I can safely say that we are going

I just read your entire report so far this afternoon and love your pics and writing style! Great report!

One comment about the Polynesian Luau - my DBFF & I were running late for the show in February (took the wrong monorail from MK) and ended up 45 min late. Well, this really nice young lady took us to our seats where we thought we were going to be up in the back when all of a sudden she turns quickly and seated us down in the front row!! We were flabbergasted! In fact, thru the whole trip, we ended up in front rows of many rides (Soarin' which was our first time, Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mtn RR, to name a few). Plus we stayed at the Boardwalk and got an awesome room over Wayland Gallery with a huge balcony.

Your kids are so adorable and I really loved that your daughter did the BBBoutique.

I can't wait to go in December to see all the Christmas decorations - esp at the Boardwalk!
Thanks and :welcome: Oh just you wait and see it is so wonderful at christmas! Lucky you to get the front row of almost all the rides we tended to have the back seats for almost everything!
The kids didn't know that they were going to the BBB that was a surprise christmas gift. She absolutely loved all the attention she got and the photopass guy gave it to her. I think he enjoyed having an older girl in there that he could joke with!

great update and pics.

we had fun at Boardwalk.

that boat ride did not sound like fun.

great update and pics.

we had fun at Boardwalk.

that boat ride did not sound like fun.

Thanks Scott, yes they boat ride was the worst service that we had in the ten days we were there. It was like they new we were in a rush and went extra slow!

So after roaming around the boardwalk and letting the kids pitch fits because I wouldn't let them play in the arcade. I am such a mean mommy! I thought about canceling our ADR for whispering canyon cafe. I was on the fence about this place to begin with, that was until I read the badshoe.com and read about their experience with Bobby Joe. I could only hope that is who we had. So we thought about it and decided to keep it and not go back to Epcot. So we wandered out to the buses, I think everyone was awake now because it was busy. We went to MK and hopped aboard the african queen. Yes, this is either the same boat that we took to the contemporary or one just like it. Only difference is this boat only went to WL. So we had about 50 minutes to get there and I knew that was plenty of time. It was an enjoyable ride the captain made a special thing about the kids.I think he let them honk the horn or something I am forgetting details since it was 6 months ago!

DsineyXMAStrip07176.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07177.jpg

Here is the famous picture of the wilderness lodge! I think this is the only picture of it I have ever seen I don't think I know what the front looks like!

DsineyXMAStrip07178.jpg

AHH the Christmas tree! It is so HUGE and beautiful! White lights just like my tree at home!
DsineyXMAStrip07179.jpg

MY monkey's on the bridge looking outside at the water going out!
DsineyXMAStrip07180.jpg

This is dark I am sorry but the place is so big that the flash doesn't bounce of of anything close! It is a picture of the railings with the decorations Trust me squint and you can see the lights :rotfl2:
DsineyXMAStrip07181.jpg

Here is the totem pole! We took this for my SIL when she bought her land there had been an old indian that lived there and while SIL was clearing the back half of the land they found a totem pole and took it down. Well, let me just say from that day they took it down it rained for almost a month straight. Even on her wedding day! I thought if she had a picture of one her luck would change!
DsineyXMAStrip07182.jpg

The inside geyser! The boys liked this especially with all the coins in there, yes the boys were trying to figure out how to get them out!
DsineyXMAStrip07183.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07184.jpg

Whispering canyon Cafe! The whole reason for coming to the resort next door! I checked in and we sat in the lobby for a while because 1. we were early and 2. They were busy! As we sat We saw some of the famous things happening! There were boys ages 5-10 running around the christmas tree with wooden horses saying "I WILL BE GOOD ON MY VACATION, I WILL BE GOOD ON MY VACATION" Every now and again the waitress would yell from the restaurant "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" and they would get louder. I thought it was cute because isn't that the purpose of eating there is the fun of the restaurant!
So finally we got called and seated. Now Samantha had read about how to get your waiter/waitress going by asking silly questions and wearing universal clothing. So she wanted to do this so she planned to wear her THING 1 sweatshirt because it was universal. The waiter never said anything about it. Sam was getting mad.So for appetizers Mom Sam and I had the western chip and dip. Stephen had the sausage and cheese plate. He said it was ok. We loved the chips and dip. the for lunch Stephen and Sam and maybe mom had the Angus bacon burger! The boys had I think mac and cheese And I got the Buffalo Bacon Cheeseburger topped with bacon, cheddar, spicy chipotle mayonnaise, lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. That is why it was called a buffalo burger right because it was hot and spicy like BUFFALO WINGS right????:lmao: Well that was my thinking!:worried: NO I took a bite of that burger and I was like boy this has a funny taste! I was just about to ask sam for a bite of hers thinking that I got a bad burger and the waiter asked how is the bison? I was like it is actually buffalo isn't it! He was like it is so much better for you than the average hamburger not as much fat. I had taken about three bites big bites! I tried to take another bite after he had told me that it was really freakin buffalo. I couldn't do it! I gaged! I ate my fries. good thing this wasn't 50's primetime cafe because I wouldn't have gotten dessert! Speaking of desserts, I had the banana foster and sam and zac traded and she had the worms in dirt Ty had watermelon. I forgot what Stephen and my mom had.

Now Sam had just had about enough of our waiter not joking around with us. She asked him ( I forgot his name sorry it was not the famous bobby joe) I thought you do crazy things here in this restaurant! Why aren't you doing any? He said HMMM it is quiet I wonder why? and left. She was steaming. The kids all had to go to the bathroom and the waiter asked my mom what her granddaughters name was and my mom told him Samantha. I had all I could do not to laugh when she came back to the table. The waiter promptly went over to the loud speaker and asked for everyones attention! Yes she asked for this!!!!:hyper: He said he would like to brings everyones attention to table 18, of course no one knows what table is what. So he say this table in the corner! Please bring your attention to the Young lady Samantha in the red sweatshirt. She wants to know if we do crazy things here in this restaurant, so lets give her a taste of what we do here in the Whispering Canyon Cafe! He brought her over a wooden horse and had her do a lap around the restaurant while they played music and everyone waved their napkins over their heads. She was NOT LIKING IT! She was like "this isn't what I meant". I was like "you asked for it!!!!:lmao:" So she reluctantly went almost crying because she was so embarrassed.

DsineyXMAStrip07185.jpg

DsineyXMAStrip07186.jpg

We thought it was funny and like to remind her of it quite often. I told you I was a mean MOMMY!

LOL! We had a fun time @ WCC this past trip. I dunno if I'd eat buffalo either!

So after roaming around the boardwalk and letting the kids pitch fits because I wouldn't let them play in the arcade. I am such a mean mommy!

:rotfl2: This reminds me so much of my trips with my sister and oldest nephew. Whether it was at Disney or on a cruise, he always wanted to play in the arcade. :confused3 Of course my sister let him. I would be ...Come on now. You are at Disney. You don't need to spend time in an arcade. :rotfl2:

Now Sam had just had about enough of our waiter not joking around with us. She asked him ( I forgot his name sorry it was not the famous bobby joe) I thought you do crazy things here in this restaurant! Why aren't you doing any? He said HMMM it is quiet I wonder why? and left. She was steaming. The kids all had to go to the bathroom and the waiter asked my mom what her granddaughters name was and my mom told him Samantha. I had all I could do not to laugh when she came back to the table. The waiter promptly went over to the loud speaker and asked for everyones attention! Yes she asked for this!!!!:hyper: He said he would like to brings everyones attention to table 18, of course no one knows what table is what. So he say this table in the corner! Please bring your attention to the Young lady Samantha in the red sweatshirt. She wants to know if we do crazy things here in this restaurant, so lets give her a taste of what we do here in the Whispering Canyon Cafe! He brought her over a wooden horse and had her do a lap around the restaurant while they played music and everyone waved their napkins over their heads. She was NOT LIKING IT! She was like "this isn't what I meant". I was like "you asked for it!!!!:lmao:" So she reluctantly went almost crying because she was so embarrassed.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Awww she just learned a major life lesson: Be careful what you ask for, it may backfire on you.

:rotfl2: She so deserved that! I can't wait to get home and actually see the pictures.
Michelle did you get to see her face? It is as red as her sweatshirt! :lmao:

LOL! We had a fun time @ WCC this past trip. I dunno if I'd eat buffalo either!

Kat I thought you had disappeared! We thought it was ok the interaction wasn't what we had hoped for since we had to drag it out of the waiter. No I would have never NEVER eaten Buffalo if that is what I thought it was. Dh is a hunter and I won't even eat the deer meat. Although I had moose this past winter in Maine, ground moose, my dad put it the chili and I didn't even know until after the third bowel when he told us!

:rotfl2: This reminds me so much of my trips with my sister and oldest nephew. Whether it was at Disney or on a cruise, he always wanted to play in the arcade. :confused3 Of course my sister let him. I would be ...Come on now. You are at Disney. You don't need to spend time in an arcade. :rotfl2:
That is what I told the boys we spent a lot of money to come to disney and I didn't spend it so we could go to the arcade. I could have brought them to Disney Quest but I would have never gotten them out of there!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Awww she just learned a major life lesson: Be careful what you ask for, it may backfire on you.
Oh did she!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter