3rd Times a Charm! Mar. 8-14..lots of pics

Great pics. wow your baby looks like she is having fun and everyone else is right your room does stand out from the rest. :thumbsup2 I think I love POP. so colorful 60's rock :woohoo:

Good stuff! We'll being staying at POP in June. I have a 5 year old girl and she can't wait!

I think we checked in around 4. I remember looking at my watch and thinking “Oh, Gosh this is prime check in time.”

We were a bit hungry and our ADR wasn’t until 9:35 PM. Skip went off and got some nuggets and fries while I stayed with Claire at the pool. :goodvibes

After he got back, I said I was going to get something too. I stopped and took a few pictures from the smoking section.

smokingsection.jpg

bowlingpinfromsmokingsect.jpg

And then I ran into the gift shop to get an autograph book. Imagine my surprise when I saw all toys were 35 % off and plush was 25% off. Oh goodie! :banana: :wizard:

Last year we had bought Claire the train set (which I think was about $50 or $60) and had it shipped home (which I think was another $15)

There was a really awesome castle that Claire liked as well, and I was debating on getting it this year. I think it ran about $70, plus another $15 to ship it home. I had been thinking of possibly buying it this year. I actually found a thread on it a few weeks ago on the budget board and everyone who got it, LOVED it. I just didn’t know if I was willing to spend $85 on it. I figured I would wait towards the end of the trip and see how much stuff we had bought and if I had extra money for it.

I noticed none of the castles were out at Pop though.:scared:

I picked up the autograph book and asked the CM if this sale was only at Pop or world wide. He thought it was just for Pop, for the whole month of March. (I later found out it is world wide). I asked if they had any more castles and he said yes, they had a bunch in the back and would be bring them out over night. So I pretty much decided I would most likely get one since they were on sale. I would just wait till they were out. I was in no hurry. I still had several days to get it.
pixiedust:

I then went into the food court and decided I would get a nice and healthy HOT FUDGE SUNDAE!! MMM! :flower1:

I also picked up some refillable mugs for DH and I. I had brought last years along as well, mostly for DD. She wouldn’t really be getting anything out of the fountains, but I wanted a cup for her milk or juice, so she wouldn't spill all over.

Here are the cups. I actually didn’t take the picture till I got home. I wanted to go back and take a cool shot of the mug tower, but every time I went in, it was busy, so I never did. excuse the mess on the counter. LOL!

MUGS.jpg

Whew! Boy Oh Boy woman. You are quick to write! The pool looked so inviting.
When we went last month it was too cold to go swimming. Until the day we were leaving of course. :sad2:

Where did you get magnets to hang on your door? I just love that idea.

When we went last month it was too cold to go swimming. Until the day we were leaving of course. :sad2:

LOL! I might not post more tonight. Depends on if I get a chance to do more photos and write.
Just starting supper now. And I haven't exercised at all since I got home, so maybe I should get back into that routine. I also need to get back to eating healthy again too. I think I gained 3 lbs on the trip. Not too bad though considering all I ate, but all that walking probably kept alot off.
I got the lazyness going bad now, since I've been home. LOL!

Oh and I forgot to add about the magnets. I made them. I got magnetic paper at hobby Lobby and got graphics off the cruise board which has magnet thread. It was really easy.

Great start! I'm joining in. Can't wait to hear more. The pictures at Pop are getting me even more excited for our trip in June.

Hi,
Just found your tr. Very good so far and your updating so fast.

Your pics look great.

First time seeing the new cups, they look so nice.

Looking forward to more.

:yay: you started your trip report. Love the pics of Pop and Claire is adorable as always. glad she stayed healthy this trip. Disney with a sick grumpy kid is not all fun and games. Thomas was sick in October and he was miserable. I remember you posting your room location at Pop last year, because you gave me the fax number since we took DD in March for her Bday. Seems to work. Too bad about your DH :rolleyes1 though mine is the same way. I told him he is going to get left home :laughing: next time.

I love those cups I bought the winter one they where putting those out on my last day. I love the pics.

Thanks everyone for jumping on board. I have another installment just about ready, and I'll probably post it in the morning. Then on to editing more pics. And I have a lot of post replies that I need to catch up on too.

I can't wait to get to my BBB ones. I took sooo many and it was just a great expereince! ( for me and Claire :lmao: ) I still have ALOT of Sunday to report on yet though, so can't get ahead of myself.
But we had a really great time.

I found your pretrip report when you were gone. I loved it! I couldn't wait for you to get back to hear how it went. Thanks for taking the time! I actually appreciated hearing about Allegiant. We are flying out of Des Moines, IA in May. I haven't flown for 14 years!! This will be a huge deal adding 3 children to the mix. I am so confused just by the luggage rules, so anyway thanks for your report!

I hope you took pix of the castle toy you mentioned! I can see now that I'll need to save up LOTS of money for souviners for my girls! haha

Looking forward to your next update!!

I found your pretrip report when you were gone. I loved it! I couldn't wait for you to get back to hear how it went. Thanks for taking the time! I actually appreciated hearing about Allegiant. We are flying out of Des Moines, IA in May. I haven't flown for 14 years!! This will be a huge deal adding 3 children to the mix. I am so confused just by the luggage rules, so anyway thanks for your report!

I can elaberate a little more about allegiant. I was really happy with them. We flew them 2 years ago as well, and they were fine then. Last year we flew Spirit, and though the price was cheap the seats were small and no leg room for even an average sized person. Our plan on the way down had a ton of leg room. I was shocked. I'm guessing this plane was newer. The seats were comfy and no complaints. On the way back we had a plane that was like the ones we flew 2 years ago. not bad in any way, but a little less leg room. But still alot more than spirit.
The only bad thing about Allegiant is everything is ala cart, so you may find a cheap price, but then you have to pay for you seat pics and you luggage and if you want to be priority boarding. If your children are small though, and you are using a stroller, then don;t pay for priority. They will call people with small children and strollers BEFORE those who paid for priority.

I hope you took pix of the castle toy you mentioned! I can see now that I'll need to save up LOTS of money for souviners for my girls! haha

Looking forward to your next update!!

I took a picture of the stack of castles. I think it iwll be in the "monday" post. It arrived yesterday, so it took a week to ship. We are keeping it for Easter, so I haven't opened the box (so DD doesn't see it). So no actual pictures of it out of the box till Easter.

I returned to the pool to eat my sundae. This thing was melting super fast, but it was still good. Claire spotted it and came out for a quick bite and then ran right back to the pool. I finished it off fast…I mean I had to right? It was melting! :scared1:
Well Claire popped back out of the pool about 2 seconds after I took that last bite. (and I scraped it clean LOL) and wanted some more.. OOPS! :rolleyes1 I told her I could go get her a ice-cream cone or a sundae if she wanted and she chose a cone.
So back to the food court I went.

I got her a rainbow sherbert cone. I brought it back and told her to come eat it. She wanted to eat it in the pool. UH…NO! :sad2: So she came out and started on it. It, too, was melting fast. She took a couple of licks and told me to save it for her. I don’t think that would work. :rolleyes: LOL! So I made her eat it up for the most part and then she ran back to the pool for a little more swimming.

mmmmsherbert.jpg

After a little more swimming I told her it was time to get dried up and go to MK. She got right out and we went in the room to change. She decided to wear her Minnie dress with her ears.
We went out to tell DH we were ready. He was napping by the pool.

napping.jpg

He decided he would meet up with us later. Skip has been having problems sleeping lately and has gone to some sleep clinics. They gave him meds, which seem to do nothing, and he has a mask he is to wear at night and he hates it, and ends up taking it off most night. So he is tired all the time anymore.

So off to the bus stop Claire and I went. As we are walking onto the bus the bus driver is saying hi to my princess, but she is looking the other way and saying something else. I try to get her attention, and look up and see that Skip is walking our way. He decided to come along. :confused3

On the bus ride over, I tell him about the toys being on sale (which he could care less about). I told him I was thinking of getting the castle for Easter for Claire. I spelled out the crucial stuff and he wondered why I was spelling. LOL! ;) I said AGAIN, because it is for E-A-S-T-E-R. OOOOOH! :idea: LOL!

The lady next to me told me she just bought one the day before and was having it shipped home. (She was the one who told me the sale was world wide. ) She said the castle was about 47ish on sale and another 12 (she thought) to ship it home. So I told DH I was probably going to get one and send it home.

We arrived at the MK around 6ish, I think.

We walked in and immediately to our right we saw Pluto. :dance3: The line was very short, so we stopped off to say hi and Claire got her 1st autograph of the trip. Pluto danced with her and really took time with her. (no photopass guy there though)

dancingpluto.jpg

plutosigning.jpg

sillypluto.jpg

tadapluto.jpg

Great TR so far! We were there at the same time, staying at Coronado Springs. Perfect weather that week. I am so sad to be home now!! Can't wait to read more....it's helping keep my memories fresh!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter