2nd WDW Trip, First Solo!!

Susan R

Mouseketeer
After lurking for quite a while I decided to jump in and share with you my excitment about going on my first Solo trip in Jan 2011 :yay:

But first...a little background...

My first trip was in 2006 with 6 others! I wasn't sure I would like Disney, after all I am an adult, hate crowds, can't stand heights and have only been on county fair rides before :laughing: My friend's daughter convinced me to go and we went in Nov '06 for 10 days and I must say I had a blast. I did however decided that would probably be my last trip because of the money factor and also because I was completely exhausted when I returned!!! :sick:

Fast forward to last year when I finally bit the bullet and decided to build my house. Not an easy task when you are a single lady who works full time and takes courses on the weekends! The house is finally built and I am almost done arguing with the builder about things he has to fix/finish.

In May my friend and her husband and son went to Disney for the first time and I helped her plan (obviously I'm an expert since I have been there once before, right?) :lmao: In helping her plan and talking to her when she returned I started yearning to go again! When lo and behold, a rebate cheque came from building my house! Wow! Found money!!! I was stressed, tired and despretly in need of some fun! That's it, I'm going to Disneyworld!!!!

So after begging for the time off from work I was finally approved for a 10 day vacation in January. Everyone who knows I'm going thinks I'm crazy or looks at me with pity because they think I can't find anyone to go with me :rolleyes: So I've quit telling people and only my close friends know and they know that I like traveling by myself so they don't think I'm strange or if they do they are just good enough friends to keep it to themselves ;)

I was able to get my plane ticket with my Air Miles (you accumulate a lot of Air Miles when you build a house :thumbsup2 ) and have booked my stay at Pop through CAA and was lucky enough to get the free quick service dining so I have paid for the upgrade to the regular dining. (I have only made one ADR yet but it's a good one...I have a dinner booked at Le Cellier!) I'm having a hard time deciding where else to eat because I want to try them all!!!

I can't wait to go!!!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter