25th Ann.-2 TR w/over 1500 pics!!!!

Hey there Laurie :-]

Wow, lots of accidents on your way down there. Glad none of them happened next to you and that the traffic didn't stop southbound like it did northbound for that motorcycle rider. Bad hotel aye? Well I'll put that one on the "don't stay here" list ;)

We lucked on on the accidents & didn't get slowed down too badly, except for the "looky-lous".

Nice that you were able to use the GAC to upgrade the stroller to wheelchair status - they are always so good about things like that there and were very helpful with both my mom and DW's mom when they were using their ECVs. Too bad about them not noticing the fireworks, but that may come later in life and they had one heck of a long day beforehand :goodvibes

Good shots of the ranch, cool theming. It is fun to just explore what they've done with different venues and attractions, all part of the magic.

I loved looking around at the new BBQ, I could never have gotten those shots off when they were open!

Cute pics of the girls with their ears on. It looked like a nice sunny morning there, and not too crowded :-]

The weather was nice when we were there....the mornings weren't bad until about 10am & then the crowds came in by the masses. I thought the ears were cute too!!! Michayla didn't want them on but Shyann ran all over the motel room with them on.

Hehe, nice shot of the wee one honking minnie's nose. They both looked pretty interactive with both the characters and their balloons :D Awww, too bad about Peter Pan bailing on you - darn that Captain Hook! Wow, they didn't seem to like Tigger at all, but at least they warmed back up for Minnie. Overall that was a pretty character-packed breakfast!

We were amazed by the amount of characters & they did seem quite fascinated by the noses & hands. By the time Tigger came around they were tired of being in the highchairs.

I'm glad you found a cool, quiet place in the GC to let the girls rest. Some very cool old-style theming in there. Good job tag-teaming those FPs you had build up for SM, I'm jealous! Awww, that was very sweet of the fiddle player to stop and play a lullabye for Michayla.

That Winnie the Pooh ride is pretty sensory-oriented with all the sounds and the black light effects. At least they didn't start crying on you. Goof finish with the tag-teaming of BTMRR - whoohoo! :banana:

That hotel was pretty disgusting, sorry it turned out to be such a bad one. And the lady at the desk blaming it on the fireworks, what a crock of bull. If that was the case then the hotels closest to the parks would be worse and that is not the case. I hope your TripAdvisor review and letter to corporate do some good or at least save some other vacationers from that mess.

I agree, I did write corporate & they apologized & then passed my complaint on to the motel mgmt. They did respond back with an apology & still are blaming Disney for all their issues........total crap & I wrote corporate back to say so. Maybe they should actually clean the carpets & power wash the sidewalks & parking area......that would keep the soot issue down. But we've never had that problem anywhere else.....bottom line......they're just plain dirty!!!!

Well it was good to try the girls on the rides and down the road they will probably be able to take in all of that sensory imput and will get more enjoyment out of them. Nice shots in ToonTown, I hadn't noticed Goofy's mailbox before. Great detail shots all through there!

What a bummer about Mike's application process. Those tests are so subjective and there's just no telling what they're looking for. Bottom line is that they're letting a computer do their initial screening, which just seems so anti-Disney :(

Total bummer, we're really lost on what to do next......

Even from such a short time ago, the progress in the lagoon area at CA is pretty amazing. I was wondering if the slowdown of the economy would have and effect on their schedule, but apparently not.

The girls were probably sensing the overall mood from the guys, that coupled with the loud and bright atmosphere of ESPN would have made any kids cranky. Good that you were able to get the food boxed up and get them somewhere quiet.

Yes, a sad end to the trip - just the way some of them go, especially when you start out with such great expectations and have the very place you pin your hopes on give you the shaft :( At least the Krispy Kreme manager added some brightness to the trip home :thumbsup2

I hope something works out for Mike down there, specifically at Disney. Hearing the news that Oregon will most likely be announced as having the highest unemployment rate in the nation doesn't bode well for finding something here :sad2:

You are all in our prayers and I have faith that something will come your way.

I appreciate the support & prayers. Oregon is sad, sad, sad for jobs & no end in sight for the economy snapping back. We'll just keep plugging away & hopefully something will fall in our laps. We're trying, just not having any luck.

So I finally got the PhotoPass CD ordered!!!! I took a meager 89 photos up over 400!!! Then we had only 12 done on our mini trip that we added & ended up with 465 pics in all......not too shabby!!
Can't wait to get the CD & share those pics with you.....some good ones & definately some not so great shots.

So I finally got the PhotoPass CD ordered!!!! I took a meager 89 photos up over 400!!! Then we had only 12 done on our mini trip that we added & ended up with 465 pics in all......not too shabby!!
Can't wait to get the CD & share those pics with you.....some good ones & definately some not so great shots.

wow thats lots of pictures ;) !!

How great is that ? I have a couple of questions for you in terms of that. How much did it cost ? What is the dimension size for the images ?

The CD cost $59.95 & you take the photopass pics & you can add borders, signatures for some of the characters...etc. I basically took every pic & added all the appropriate borders.
As for dimensions....not sure. We got one last year & I printed 8x10's off the CD & they looked fine.

Hey Diznee Lover, I just read your trip report and loved it! You have a wonderful family and it looks like you had so much fun! Thanks for providing all the details and pics of your trip! It has totally help us plan some things for ours. I love all the character breakfasts your family did. We are trying to decide between Lilo and Stitch and Minnie's. I Loved the pics of your girls at minnie's. They are adorable! Also looks like your family had a blast at Lilo's. Im gonna have to show my kids your pics and see which they vote for! Thanks for the fun reading! Also,Good luck on the job situation! Praying everything will turn out well for your family!

Hey Diznee Lover, I just read your trip report and loved it! You have a wonderful family and it looks like you had so much fun! Thanks for providing all the details and pics of your trip! It has totally help us plan some things for ours. I love all the character breakfasts your family did. We are trying to decide between Lilo and Stitch and Minnie's. I Loved the pics of your girls at minnie's. They are adorable! Also looks like your family had a blast at Lilo's. Im gonna have to show my kids your pics and see which they vote for! Thanks for the fun reading! Also,Good luck on the job situation! Praying everything will turn out well for your family!

Thank you very much for reading.....I'm glad it helped you with some of your plans. We really lucked out at Minnie's with all the characters....I'm thinking going when they only have 90 minutes left for the meal worked out good....you get 90 mins for each character meal, & I think timing wise, we got there before some of the characters left & also were there for the ones that would finish off the meal......seeing 14 was extraordinary!!!
Lilo's was a ton of fun, just not very many characters...so it will depend on how much your kids want to see in characters that will help you decide. Minnie's has more classic characters (Minnie, Chip & Dale, the Pooh characters, Fairy Godmother, etc) where Lilo & Stitch is a great place to see them & the rare Daisy Duck.
Both fun & your kids should love either of them.

Hope you have a great time which ever one you chose!!!!

Thank you for the prayers with the job situation......we're still looking & still have all our options open.

I saw your *ad* for Mike. You know if I was in California I would so be there for you guys!!! Hope things pan out for you and your family. Chin up girl, things getting ready for you!!

I saw your *ad* for Mike. You know if I was in California I would so be there for you guys!!! Hope things pan out for you and your family. Chin up girl, things getting ready for you!!

:hug: Thanx Char!!! I only got one response to that "ad"..... :sad2:
We're really getting to a point of panic now........ we've stayed afloat with some creative bill juggling, but now things are starting to snowball & we don't have the income to pay everything.....
I'm frustrated & not sure what to do next!! :scared: Mike has been searching for work like crazy & hasn't gotten even one call! :headache:

The scariest thing about all of this......the economy "dumping" just started......what the heck are we going to do for 3-5 yrs till it picks up???
I feel like we're pretty good people....so when are we gonna get the break?

Sorry, didn't mean to rant....just very worried & not sure what to do!

A prayer was just answered!!!!!!! :cloud9: Mike & Derek just got called back to work full-time starting next Tuesday.....it's supposed to last into the fall (hopefully we will be able to save up the money to move!!!!)

Thanx for all the hugs, prayers & support........you are ALL THE BEST!!!!!!! :woohoo:

congratulations-1.gif
I'm doing a happy dance for you!
smiliedance.gif
God is good! :thumbsup2

The day just keeps getting better!!! Our PhotoPass CD came in so I'll try to upload some of the shots this evening!!!!!! (i've only picked out 62 of them......) :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter