2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone tried the Strawberry Mochi Berliner Weisse from the Noodle Exchange yet? looking to see how much of a beer taste it has as i'm not a huge beer drinker but this drink sounds yummy and i want to try it when i'm there in 2 weeks.

Has anyone tried the pickle milkshake? Seems to be on the gross side to me!
I tried a milkshake. This was my first experience of eating cucumbers in a milkshake), anyway cucumbers offer a light, refreshing note to the cocktail, which is perfect for a hot day.

What is a good strategy for Epcot during Food & Wine on a Friday at the beginning of October? I’m going with two teenagers who probably want to sleep in some. Should we start in Future World in the mornin/early afternoon when it’s hottest and get those indoor attractions done? Or will world showcase be too busy in the afternoon/evening? We really want to focus on the seeing the different world showcase pavilions and the newer rides. Thanks in advance!

What is a good strategy for Epcot during Food & Wine on a Friday at the beginning of October? I’m going with two teenagers who probably want to sleep in some. Should we start in Future World in the mornin/early afternoon when it’s hottest and get those indoor attractions done? Or will world showcase be too busy in the afternoon/evening? We really want to focus on the seeing the different world showcase pavilions and the newer rides. Thanks in advance!
World Showcase will definitely get progressively more crowded as the day goes on. I'd check the Eat to the Beat concert schedule to see who is playing the night you're there -- that can sometimes drive the crowds up even more than "just" the locals out for a fun evening. That said , it's not prohibitively crowded - just more of a wait at the booths and sometimes you have to resort to using a trashcan as your table. :D

Does anyone know what the 2023 Brews around the world hat looks like? We love the 2018 hat with a can opener on the side.

Just got back and had my first experience with F&W. I enjoyed myself. However, it was so freaking hot that I wasn't able to really enjoy the offerings the way I had anticipated. I had some yummy drinks. Started with Strawberry Rose Mimosa in France. It was good but was not really chilled like I anticipated. And given how hot we were, really wanted. Then we got the Sangria in Moraco. Finally had to get some food in me to absorb some of those yummy drinks. I got the Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette from The Alps. It was perfect! I had a Frozen Rosé with it. We had the chocolate shots and pumpkin spice shots in Germany. We had dinner reservations at Le Cellier. I was so full by then though. I had the NY Strip. I ate about 1/4 of it. Cut the rest up and took it back with me. Had it the next morning for breakfast.

I really want to go back and do this again when it's not so freaking hot. Also, spend more time in Epcot. We did AK first and hopped over at 2pm.

Just got back and had my first experience with F&W. I enjoyed myself. However, it was so freaking hot that I wasn't able to really enjoy the offerings the way I had anticipated. I had some yummy drinks. Started with Strawberry Rose Mimosa in France. It was good but was not really chilled like I anticipated. And given how hot we were, really wanted. Then we got the Sangria in Moraco. Finally had to get some food in me to absorb some of those yummy drinks. I got the Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette from The Alps. It was perfect! I had a Frozen Rosé with it. We had the chocolate shots and pumpkin spice shots in Germany. We had dinner reservations at Le Cellier. I was so full by then though. I had the NY Strip. I ate about 1/4 of it. Cut the rest up and took it back with me. Had it the next morning for breakfast.

I really want to go back and do this again when it's not so freaking hot. Also, spend more time in Epcot. We did AK first and hopped over at 2pm.
This is one reason I think I prefer flower and garden over this one - I just like the weather better. I also have a hard time enjoying much of the food when it is so hot! I will be there the last weekend of September, coming from Texas - so I am just hoping it feels close to the 80s rather than the 112 we have here right now.

I see references to ID required. Given I'm sixty two and don't look younger :( I don't know if I'll still be carded... and since I'm from Canada, what is the ID? I heard it's a passport? Not really wild on carrying it with me but if I need to I will. Anyone have any thoughts?

I see references to ID required. Given I'm sixty two and don't look younger :( I don't know if I'll still be carded... and since I'm from Canada, what is the ID? I heard it's a passport? Not really wild on carrying it with me but if I need to I will. Anyone have any thoughts?
You do need a passport as an ID. I ready somewhere that it’s legally required, although some CMs may not check (risky for them).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/required-id-for-alcohol/

https://mousetravelmatters.com/comm...to-order-alcohol-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Edit: Picture of your passport and a drivers license should suffice

https://www.disboards.com/threads/alcoholic-drinks-and-passport.3759529/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter