2022 Winter Olympics NBC/CBC events thread

Love the Winter Olympics more than summer ones.

Skiing and skating are my favourites but pretty well watch what ever is on.
Good luck Canada. I root for you guys when team USA isn’t playing. 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 :-)

Reactions: NAB
Pressed the button so YouTubeTV will record all events/programming for me.
I don't have YouTubeTV so I'm curious by what you wrote. There was an option to record all Olympic events and then you can go by event to each match and just pull it up on demand? Was this something they've done special for the Olympics or do they have this option for other things as well?

Love the Winter Olympics more than summer ones.

Skiing and skating are my favourites but pretty well watch what ever is on.

Same for me
I hate winter, but I love the Winter Olympics - LOL!

I don't have YouTubeTV so I'm curious by what you wrote. There was an option to record all Olympic events and then you can go by event to each match and just pull it up on demand? Was this something they've done special for the Olympics or do they have this option for other things as well?
YouTubeTV provides an unlimited DVR. For big multi day events like this they provide a single click option to record everything that airs. No need to select individual events or programming.

Edited to add:
Just checked and there is already over 23 hours of recordings from the following channels.

FA8BE9DC-51F2-450F-BD47-390636DEFDE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Proud of team USA vs the Australians in curling this morning. I hope they get a good result against the Italians tonight. Ice hockey and skiing are scheduled for later tonight as well. :-)

Has anyone watched any events yet or are you waiting until the weekend?

Nothing yet (not a huge sports person) but I will probably catch some along the way. I like skating best of the winter events, and plan to watch at least some of the opening ceremony.

Last edited:
The stuff before the Opening Ceremony doesn’t count. ;)

Too many events in too few venues is the reason.

I’m watching live coverage of the Opening Ceremony. As expected, NBC’s coverage absolutely sucks.

I don’t give a damn about how Lindsay Vonn felt when she marched in her first Olympics.

I like how the Chinese “alphabet” organizes the marching order.

I watched some of the curling and hockey yesterday. Watched the ski moguls last night. I'm going to wait and watch the Opening Ceremony tonight. Thanks for the heads up on the NBC coverage, I might switch to another channel for that.

I’m watching live coverage of the Opening Ceremony. As expected, NBC’s coverage absolutely sucks.

I don’t give a damn about how Lindsay Vonn felt when she marched in her first Olympics.

I like how the Chinese “alphabet” organizes the marching order.
I watched some of the curling and hockey yesterday. Watched the ski moguls last night. I'm going to wait and watch the Opening Ceremony tonight. Thanks for the heads up on the NBC coverage, I might switch to another channel for that.
The IOC posts a pretty neutral commentary version of the opening ceremony later on it’s YouTube channel if that helps. The USA will be completing in snowboarding and biathlon tonight. :-)

First medal Canada - don‘t know what colour but they are currently first with only one pair left to go (being vague because I’m not sure what the spolier thoughts are here).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter