• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Wedding/Honeymoon Planning

Would you rather

• Fall while walking down the aisle?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:earsgirl::earsboy:So I thought this was a great thread to start for all the Disney brides/grooms getting married in 2017. That way we can feed off each other's ideas and plans and get some great advice and tips.
Some fun stuff about me. My name is Jennifer and I recently got engaged August 8th,2015 on the Peoplemover(favorite ride) and I am currently planning a Disney wedding for August 2017. I live and breath Disney. I'm from Long Island and i work part time at the Disney store up here so I can share my Disney magic with my guests. I'm just so excited to see where this board takes us. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2016 and let the planning begin!!:earsgirl::earsboy:

Oct-Dec 2017 is the plan!! My fiancé separates from the Navy early October of 2017 so it will also be a celebration of the end of our distance relationship!! Can't wait to FINALLY start doing some real planning soon =)

I will be doing a 2017 wedding/vow renewal. It will be our 15th wedding anniversary. My wedding was the stuff of nightmares and I swear I have PTSD from it. (Maybe that is a little dramatic) I broke the only CD with my wedding pictures in tiny little pieces a year after our wedding and I have never regretted that decision. That is how bad I hated every second of my wedding. Soooo...I get a do over. I still love my husband dearly and I can't wait to marry him the "right" way. We are kind of open about the date. Our wedding anniversary is March 30 but I am not in love with that date. It's during spring break time so I am not sure I want to do it then. I think we might do late April or early May - after spring break times.

My big sticking points - a lovely gown, great pictures with two in park photo sessions (MK and TBD, but probably Epcot), and Cinderella's coach. The rest I am just gonna play by ear. I probably won't have a huge guest list. I am wavering between a Wishes and Escape package. We might have to do the Wishes because we may have about 20 guests. If that happens, I'll end up inviting a bunch more people than just relatives.

I really want to find a great makeup artist and hairstylist. They will need to come everyday I wear my dress (for the pictures and the ceremony).

We are going on a Disney cruise for a honeymoon. I would also love to get dressed up in my wedding gown and get pictures on the boat as well. I am not sure that will happen though.

Looking at April 2017, met with our planner two weeks ago! So much to do! and we are pretty sure we want to do a Disney Cruise though Panama for our honeymoon! We are super excited! Cant wait!

Meeting with Disney tomorrow and planning on them for an April 2017 wedding. Does anyone know how well they manage to work with your budget as long as you meet the minimums?

They are usually pretty good about helping you stick within a budget. One thing they don't really tell you is that you can save a ton of money by using one-way vans instead of a chartered motor coach, but that also depends on your group size. If you have any more than about 40 people it can be a wash.

Well I have done our first official wedding planning thing! We booked Trinity Wedding Cinema for our videography! I din't think we would be able to afford them, but after comparing the prices with Disney, they were much more reasonable. I was also able to take advantage of an awesome deal: we got a free sneak peak video and a free live stream of the ceremony!!!! Woohoo!!! I feel so official!

I got engaged at my University in May 2015. We are getting married on Aug 5 2017. We chose the date because its value season at Disney and still in the summer, so we can save on future trips :) We also went on our first big trip (2-week Disney/Universal Florida) during that time in 2013.

I'm *hoping* that I'll be able to join in here soon. :love:We've talked about getting engaged and married within the next year and a half and are definitely honeymooning at Disney World!

I got engaged in Epcot during Illuminations in 2014 and we are getting married in Sept 2017. I'm so excited. I just want to plan it all now! Can't believe I have to wait 9 months beforehand! We are planning to have the Escape collection and I think I finally talked my partner into the idea of a moderate resort. He was dead set on All Star- Sports which we love but I have been hoping for something a little more special for our wedding :)

We're thinking October or November of 2017... We will have a very small wedding, but will have an Escape wedding. I don't want to get married in a smoking spot or the Poly Beach (the memories venues). I wish there were a couple more choices!!

Last edited:
We're thinking possibly early December 2017! We were engaged at DL on December 23, 2015. We're planning a visit to DW in August this year and are hoping to do a site visit :) Has anyone set up their site visit yet? We want to try to stick to the minimum expenditure for a Monday Wishes wedding (as we both have huge families and the majority of our budget will be going to food/beverage for guests), any suggestions on venues that don't need decorating!

That way we can feed off each other's ideas and plans and get some great advice and tips.

Hello Jenny,

My son just got married at the Grand Floridian in February. The reception was at the Dance Hall.

It was quite a process planning this event. Partly because it's a destination wedding for almost all the guests and there is a lot Disney can do, obviously depending on your budget. All weddings have lots of planning. One thing we didn't realize was the logistics and transportation issues. People are stayed at a variety of places, some off site. Disney transpiration is great, unless you want to get from one hotel to another, or the wedding pavilion.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to address any and all of them. Everyone said it was a fabulous wedding, even those who were not necessarily big Disney fans.

I'll jump on the bandwagon! My fiance, Judd, and I will be getting married January 18, 2017. We are having a mini-wishes noon ceremony at the WP and reception to follow at the WHR. We are finishing the evening with a DP at Epcot Italy Isola West. We have three children so Disney is the perfect place for our wedding. Out of our 40 some guests there are about 15 kids so we are excited for everyone to experience WDW together :D

If I could find a way for us to have our ceremony, reception, and DP all at EPCOT for $12,000 I would but I don't think I am organized enough to pull it off :(

Either way..I am soooo excited !

I can't wait for my summer 2017 wedding. So far I only have my wedding dress and my DF wedding band

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter