2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Can I count on there being a soft opening 8/30? Or is that not always the case?

Can I count on there being a soft opening 8/30? Or is that not always the case?

I hope there is soft opening. Weekend will be very busy and crowded. It will be great to experience F & W on Wednesday and Thursday before the Labour Day long weekend. Pixie dust!

Where is this info coming from (I'm not questing your accuracy! just looking for an assist in my own F&W research)? Is it only the V&A info that's out right now?

I was actually told this by the V&A people when I tried to book the Queen Victoria room for 11/3 last week. She said that it was not available, since that would be the F&W event. I asked how much, and she said $650 per person, which includes the wine pairings as well. I don't think I have seen it published.

Has Guns And Roses ever been there? Only chance I will get the s/o to join me.
No, Guns and Roses never played there! My son loves GNR the only other band that he would see would be Los Lobos, which is a solid rock and roll band.

I hope there is soft opening. Weekend will be very busy and crowded. It will be great to experience F & W on Wednesday and Thursday before the Labour Day long weekend. Pixie dust!

there is usually a soft opening the day before the official opening

No, Guns and Roses never played there! My son loves GNR the only other band that he would see would be Los Lobos, which is a solid rock and roll band.

This reminds me of the one year, ages ago, when they had Steppenwolf play (I think it was another time of year). We loved it, but apparently the PTB at Disney didn't and they weren't asked back. Why not? Disney deemed them "Too loud". Hello! What did you expect when you booked Steppenwolf?

I was actually told this by the V&A people when I tried to book the Queen Victoria room for 11/3 last week. She said that it was not available, since that would be the F&W event. I asked how much, and she said $650 per person, which includes the wine pairings as well. I don't think I have seen it published.
WOW....650.00 a person....can only imagine what wine and food must be included in that price !:rolleyes1

WOW....650.00 a person....can only imagine what wine and food must be included in that price !:rolleyes1

The normal Queen Victoria room 10 course menu is $235/person plus $150/person for the wine pairing. So that's $385. That price does not include some of the special items like caviar, some high end seafood, Japanese beef. These extras could drive the price up to $250 or more. So, if some specialty items are included or higher end wines/champagnes, then I could see the price going to $650. It's definitely a splurge.

I just noticed Taylor Dane is in the line-up. She's not there during our dates, but I want to give her show a shout-out because she was fantastic in 2011.

I totally didn't expect to enjoy her show as much as I did. Awesome!
Thanks for this. She's there for our date. Yes, we're going for just 1 day <sob> but still better than no days!

Thanks for this. She's there for our date. Yes, we're going for just 1 day <sob> but still better than no days!

She didn't play at all last year, but she opened the Festival in 2011 when we went there to celebrate my 50th birthday.

I can't say that I was psyched to see her. It seemed like there were more appealing acts later on, but we watched her show that weekend and Wow! Husband and I were both blown away. No wonder she was the opening act that year; she and her band were excellent performers.

That year, Samuel Adams beer had a big booth in the American pavilion which is next to the theater where the Eat to the Beat concerts are held. It had several Sam Adams brews on tap. I enjoyed Cherry Wheat and husband got the Oktoberfest.

Linda Bean from the LL Bean family had a kiosk with lobster rolls and lobster claw meat sandwiches. We feasted on those and the Adams beer while we watched Taylor Dayne's show.

It was paradise. :cloud9:

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere in this thread already, but can anyone tell me how far in advance you can generally book tastings, demos, and special events? I've been to the Fest a few times but haven't signed up for any of those things so never paid attention to when to do that - I'm assuming they fill fast. We're going Oct. 1-4 and interested in doing a beverage seminar and/or a cheese/wine pairing.

Also, we've done numerous mixology seminars on Disney Cruise Line. Does anyone know if the tastings are done in a similar way for the Fest, where the bartender explains the drinks but they're essentially premixed and distributed to you, or do you get the ingredients to mix them yourself?

Thanks for any info!

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere in this thread already, but can anyone tell me how far in advance you can generally book tastings, demos, and special events? I've been to the Fest a few times but haven't signed up for any of those things so never paid attention to when to do that - I'm assuming they fill fast. We're going Oct. 1-4 and interested in doing a beverage seminar and/or a cheese/wine pairing.

Also, we've done numerous mixology seminars on Disney Cruise Line. Does anyone know if the tastings are done in a similar way for the Fest, where the bartender explains the drinks but they're essentially premixed and distributed to you, or do you get the ingredients to mix them yourself?

Thanks for any info!
Information regarding the special events was released July 11 last year. Reservations started for the special events on July 21. If you were a DVC member, Tables in Wonderland member, annual passholder, or a Disney Visa cardholder, you could make reservations for some events on July 19 and July 20. Since this year's festival is starting two weeks earlier, we don't know if reservations will open up earlier than usual.

There were not any mixology seminars offered last year. Most of the beverage seminars are wine tasting events. Each seminar is hosted by a vineyard and usually there are 3 wines which are provided for tasting. Usually the presenter will provide information regarding the vineyard, its history, and will often have a video and/or photos. She/he will tell you about each wine before tasting. Often you might luck out and there may be food items paired with each wine such as cheese or chocolate. Each seminar lasts about 45 minutes.

Most of the beverage seminars or culinary demos do not sell quickly. In fact, many of them will have availability on the day of the seminar. The reservations for the wine/cheese pairings typically sell out quickly.

Here's a link to last year's beverage seminars, it will give an idea of what could be offered for this year: https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...-and-wine-festival/beverage-seminars-2016.pdf

Last edited:
...Also, we've done numerous mixology seminars on Disney Cruise Line. Does anyone know if the tastings are done in a similar way for the Fest, where the bartender explains the drinks but they're essentially premixed and distributed to you, or do you get the ingredients to mix them yourself?
Thanks for any info!
My daughter went to Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It last year on 10/9 and made her own drinks. The stuff was on the table and they made 2 drinks. There was also food. She also attended a different event where the drink was premade.
upload_2017-5-14_12-10-46.png
upload_2017-5-14_12-13-6.png

I'm heading to disney for the last weekend of September and I'm really hoping they will have a Party for the Senses that Saturday. Have they had them on that weekend before? Or is it strictly for October?

I'm heading to disney for the last weekend of September and I'm really hoping they will have a Party for the Senses that Saturday. Have they had them on that weekend before? Or is it strictly for October?
For at least the last two years, Party for the Senses was only scheduled on Saturdays in October.

For at least the last two years, Party for the Senses was only scheduled on Saturdays in October.
Bummer, I really hope they do one for Sept 30th. It's my birthday and I'd love to do the party again (I did the party a few years ago and really enjoyed it). Oh well...

Bummer, I really hope they do one for Sept 30th. It's my birthday and I'd love to do the party again (I did the party a few years ago and really enjoyed it). Oh well...
Sending you some "pixie dust", you never know. pixiedust: At one time, I believe that the Party for the Senses was offered every Saturday during the festival. Disney keeps extending the dates for the event which is most likely why its now only offered during October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter