2016 January Check-in Thread

Howdy,
I'm arriving Jan 4 and leaving January 11 and staying at the HoJo. My last trip to DLR was December 2012 so I'm looking forward to the trip.
It looks like I will need to hit a lot of closing attractions before they are gone forever or a year or so. Aladdin, etc.

Does anyone know, and my apologies if I missed it, when the Haunted Mansion will be closed to remove the holiday overlay?
Any advice on what not to miss would be appreciated.

Thahks.

I found even with last years massive amount of closures there was plenty to do. Tried some things we hadn't done in awhile. Welcome

What is backstage magic ABD?

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/north-america/southern-california-vacations/

Adventures by Disney does a special tour of the studios and parks. I've never actually done a tour of any sort like this before - this is sort of one of our once in a lifetime splurges, as I really wanted to visit Henson Studios :D It includes VIP viewing for WoC and F!...but that wont be a thing anymore sadly heh.

The owners of this board (Dreams Unlimited Travel) often talk on their WDW podcast about doing that Disneyland ABD tour. When they do it, they arrange even more special things to do on top of it. If I were to do that tour, I'd try to do with other Dissers. It sounds amazing from what I've heard them say.

I checked the blog and couldn't find anything but then I found this on the Disneyland tours and events website- Season of the Force:
Special Event
November 16, 2015 - May 26, 2016

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...insNovember16atDisneylandParkinCalifornia0001

So if that's the case, Yeah! I'm happy to be wrong. I know I saw that other date somewhere but either they changed their minds, it was a typo, or I wasn't looking at an official site.

great news that you were wrong...lol and now we know it could be around May 26
which means for me I get to enjoy it twice....once at SW and at Tink :yay:

I found even with last years massive amount of closures there was plenty to do. Tried some things we hadn't done in awhile. Welcome

What is backstage magic ABD?
pooh, I think my nickname was a victim of spellcheck in the checkin list Hahaha! I see you will be there at the same time as us too!

My fiance and I will be there from Jan 7-11!! This trip is my 25th birthday present to myself, and I'm very glad that I'll get there before everything seems to shut down. We're staying at the new Holiday Inn Express on Manchester Ave.

So far I've booked the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package for my birthday dinner, and then the WoC package at Wine Country for lunch on Sunday. Crossing my fingers that everything goes off without a hitch, including Mother Nature and our flights...in order to use our points, we have to connect through Boston :scared: Here's hoping they don't have a repeat of last year!

Did everyone see the new offering for PTN dining packages?
Thinking of booking BB dining option but wondering about price!

No! I didn't see that. I assume that's to take the place of F! packages. I love PTN and hate that you have to sit on the curb before the Soundsational parade and stay there just to see it. At least, that's how it was this summer. (We got saw it by going to the Alice bathrooms after F! ended and waited there for the second show) It might be worth it to me to do a package to avoid the craziness. Probably not this trip though, maybe next summer. This trip is a quick and cheap(er) trip.

Did everyone see the new offering for PTN dining packages?
Thinking of booking BB dining option but wondering about price!

The BB Fantasmic package is $62 for adults so I would guess it will be about the same for PTN.

I'm really excited about the PTN packages...the blog says they start on Jan. 11th, and we are there until the 13th. We're already doing the BB package for Fantasmic! on the 8th, and now I think I'd like to do PTN on the 11th or 12th. Expensive, but so nice not to have to wait for a good seat! Then can you just stay in the spot until the fireworks, if they are on? Also excited that in just a week, the entertainment schedule will be up for our first day...can't believe how close it is getting!

My family of 4 from NorCal will be traveling 1/23-1/25. We are staying at the Tropicana. I'm really torn b/c I love the location and nearby eateries however, to be quite honest, I'm still debating b/w Paradise Pier and Tropicana. We almost always stay on site but I'm trying to save money so I can take more trips to DL next year. We are taking advantage of a long weekend b/c the kids are out of school on Monday, 1/25. Anyone out there have and feedback about the weekend crowds due to the NAMM conference?

We just made an impulsive decision to visit DL in January. We'll be in the parks Jan 7-8, staying at the Park Vue Inn. Southwest had a huge sale on flights yesterday (for one day only), so we snagged some cheap flights down. It will be our 3 year old's first flight (we've been to DL with her twice before, but always drove, since we're just up in the Bay Area). We figure it will be a good trial run for her before we decide to book a vacation with a longer flight (e.g. Hawaii).

We have already made reservations for lunch at BTRBBQ for the 8th. When we were there in March it was closed, and we were super bummed. Even more so when we later learned it was closing forever. DH has joked he just wants to spend an entire afternoon at BTRBBQ soaking up every last ounce of it! I also intend to hit up the petting zoo before it's gone for good -- one of my most favorite places in the park. It sounds like we may be there at a great sweet spot, so we can also catch the railroad, ROA, and a few other things before they shut down/change for a long time (and possibly even catch a few holiday decorations before they're down). I think that's what we'll spend the majority of our time doing (especially since we'll only be in the parks for a day and a half).

We're in for Jan. 3 - 7th and can't wait!! We're staying at the Worldmark Anaheim.

I saw that the hours for Jan 4th were posted, it looks like DL will be open until midnight, which is great! Do you think they'll be expecting large crowds? Also, it looks like Soarin' will be closed into January as well, did anyone else notice that?

We're in for Jan. 3 - 7th and can't wait!! We're staying at the Worldmark Anaheim.

I saw that the hours for Jan 4th were posted, it looks like DL will be open until midnight, which is great! Do you think they'll be expecting large crowds? Also, it looks like Soarin' will be closed into January as well, did anyone else notice that?
I follow someone on facebook who has inside info, I do not know how accurate it is, or anything, but yes they did mention, that the closure of Soarin is likely for the installation of the new soarin over the world movie. opening date is Jan 25 I think is what I read?

Getting excited now. We leave NZ in 38 days, not that I am counting or anything :yay: So much to do between now and 4th Jan. End of the school year for my girls, prize giving's, Christmas, my parents wedding anniversary and work of course. How I am going to find time to pack??? We are in the USA for 24 days and 12 of those will be at Disneyland.

^I'm visiting from NZ as well! However, I am only spending 2 days at Disney (Jan 7th and decided to add the 8th now as well). Doing a longer trip in April where I go to Disney World and Disneyland.

They have added the park hours for the 7th now on the website, and Haunted Mansion is not listed under closed for refurbishment. Does this mean it will still be open with its Holiday theme then, even though Holiday season officially ends on the 6th?

Does any
pooh, I think my nickname was a victim of spellcheck in the checkin list Hahaha! I see you will be there at the same time as us too!

Yes dreaded spell check. Glad you caught it. Not easy for our nicknames.

Very excited we are at 2 months!

I will work on adding everyone when I get to my laptop. It is a little tough on the phone.

Howdy,
I'm arriving Jan 4 and leaving January 11 and staying at the HoJo. My last trip to DLR was December 2012 so I'm looking forward to the trip.
It looks like I will need to hit a lot of closing attractions before they are gone forever or a year or so. Aladdin, etc.

Does anyone know, and my apologies if I missed it, when the Haunted Mansion will be closed to remove the holiday overlay?
Any advice on what not to miss would be appreciated.

Thahks.

Welcome to the January Trip Group! The Overlay will be on until it closes for removal. So Far it looks like you are good to be able to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter