2016 January Check-in Thread

Woohoo! I was hoping a thread would get started soon! I was too lazy to do it myself! our dates are not 100% firm, but most likely from January 25th through into February, maybe the 3rd or 4th, depends a bit on the weather. Not totally certain where we will be staying but am almost sure it will be BW Stovals. We have never stayed on that side of the parks before and want to try being closer to the resort hotels for meals and Trader Sams tiki bar! lol...Sadly this time we can not afford the DL Hotel, which is the only other place we have stayed off of Harbor Blvd. We are almost running out of places to try on Harbor! lol... We would actually be checking in sooner if we were able to but everything everywhere is booked because of something music related at the convention center from the 23- 25th, and it is just hubby and me :)

Woohoo! I was hoping a thread would get started soon! I was too lazy to do it myself! our dates are not 100% firm, but most likely from January 25th through into February, maybe the 3rd or 4th, depends a bit on the weather. Not totally certain where we will be staying but am almost sure it will be BW Stovals. We have never stayed on that side of the parks before and want to try being closer to the resort hotels for meals and Trader Sams tiki bar! lol...Sadly this time we can not afford the DL Hotel, which is the only other place we have stayed off of Harbor Blvd. We are almost running out of places to try on Harbor! lol... We would actually be checking in sooner if we were able to but everything everywhere is booked because of something music related at the convention center from the 23- 25th, and it is just hubby and me :)

Welcome! I was waiting for the thread and asked if it was ok to start one. Too excited to not share with others.

NAMM has a big attendance so hotels are filled that weekend. We were there that weekend in 2012. It wasn't too bad for the parks.

I see you are a Jan/Feb like us. Enjoy both threads.

our dates are Jan 12 to 18, staying at BW Stovalls and running SW weekend!
We haven't stayed on that side of the parks either -- but it is close to the running corrals so I thought we would give it a chance

I'm taking my oldest niece on a quick weekend trip since she won't miss any school!! Leaving Friday 1/29 after school, hitting the parks all day 1/30 and part of 1/31 then heading home!

We are coming back on January 7-9th! I hope there is still a few signs of Christmas when we come, December just was not in the cards for us! We are staying at BWPPI again, our go to hotel.

I'm just going for one day on January the 7th... does anyone know if the Haunted Mansion will still be open then with the Christmas decorations, or will it have shut down to remove them?

I read that technically the holiday season ends on the 6th, but that it also takes time and so who knows what will still be up by the 7th.

I'm just going for one day on

January the 7th... does anyone know if the Haunted Mansion will still be open then with the Christmas decorations, or will it have shut down to remove them?

Welcome!
Haunted mansion is usually down for 2 weeks in mid January to remove overlay. The exact date isn't listed yet. You may be before it.

Last edited:
our dates are Jan 12 to 18, staying at BW Stovalls and running SW weekend!
We haven't stayed on that side of the parks either -- but it is close to the running corrals so I thought we would give it a chance

Good luck training for the run(s). That hotel looks nice and it certainly is a quieter walk up to DLR.

I'm taking my oldest niece on a quick weekend trip since she won't miss any school!! Leaving Friday 1/29 after school, hitting the parks all day 1/30 and part of 1/31 then heading home!

Oh that will be fun! How old is your niece? I love having a school break so the kids don't miss school but it is still low season so low crowds. I am taking them out of school 1 extra day but they have semester break and have Thursday pm and Friday off. Both HS this year so they will have survived finals.

We are coming back on January 7-9th! I hope there is still a few signs of Christmas when we come, December just was not in the cards for us! We are staying at BWPPI again, our go to hotel.

Welcome to the January Group!
It takes many days for them to undecorate so you should be good. I think it will still have the holiday flavor.

We are visiting for the first time in January. Myself and 2 daughters ages 14 and 7. We are staying at Desert Inn and Suites from 7th Jan to 19 Jan. We are all very excited to be heading to the USA. :yay:

Oh that will be fun! How old is your niece? I love having a school break so the kids don't miss school but it is still low season so low crowds. I am taking them out of school 1 extra day but they have semester break and have Thursday pm and Friday off. Both HS this year so they will have survived finals.

She is 16 and very involved in school and will hardly ever miss! She did miss two days to go with me in September (school had just started so she felt ok about it!). In 10 days I am taking the 9 year old niece for two days. I rotate with them and do short trips most of the time (we have AP's).

She is 16 and very involved in school and will hardly ever miss! She did miss two days to go with me in September (school had just started so she felt ok about it!). In 10 days I am taking the 9 year old niece for two days. I rotate with them and do short trips most of the time (we have AP's).

That sounds fun.

We are visiting for the first time in January. Myself and 2 daughters ages 14 and 7. We are staying at Desert Inn and Suites from 7th Jan to 19 Jan. We are all very excited to be heading to the USA. :yay:

Oh how fun! There will be so much to see and do. Welcome!

We'll be there January 9-10 for our twins' 2nd birthdays assuming the weather doesn't end up terrible that weekend. Not sure on a hotel yet. Keeping an eye out for AP discounts since it will be the last trip before our passes expire and we aren't renewing, but if there are no good onsite discounts, we will probably stay at Stovalls.

So excited to see this! I am bringing a couple of friends January 2nd-6th. We are staying at DLH. I missed Aladdin when we were there on our family trip. DH is traveled out after 3 big trips this year so I'm going with the girls. It will be both of their 1st trips to DL (only my 2nd). Very excited :hyper:

We'll be there January 9-10 for our twins' 2nd birthdays assuming the weather doesn't end up terrible that weekend. Not sure on a hotel yet. Keeping an eye out for AP discounts since it will be the last trip before our passes expire and we aren't renewing, but if there are no good onsite discounts, we will probably stay at Stovalls.

Welcome! Sounds like busy family with 2 y/o twins. I bet they love Disney.

Let me know hotel and I will add it to the first post.

So excited to see this! I am bringing a couple of friends January 2nd-6th. We are staying at DLH. I missed Aladdin when we were there on our family trip. DH is traveled out after 3 big trips this year so I'm going with the girls. It will be both of their 1st trips to DL (only my 2nd). Very excited :hyper:

You will be in the know. My best friend has been going with us for years. We always have a blast. Welcome!

Group ?:

Who is your favorite character(s) to meet at the parks? Or if this if your first time who is on your must see list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter