• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to go 9/28 no free dinning for me

I'm not sure which of my comments you were responding to, but as I said it's important to keep looking. When I checked an hour ago for 9/28-10/3, there were 6 resorts available. Now there are 2. When I switch to 9/28-10/4, there are 2 resorts available. I bet if I check in 20 minutes, it will be different. Just keep trying, availability is constantly changing. I think The Dirty Steve is correct, I bet a bunch of rooms will open at 12:01am on Friday. And different stuff next week. People keep posting that they are choosing which of two reservations they should keep. All is not lost!:thumbsup2

WWYD- so after being disappointed that the Poly didn't offer free dining, we booked Old Key West in a Deluxe Studio for the first 5 nights and a Poly Club level lagoon view for 6 nights. After playing around and more searching, I was able to find availability at the Grand Floridian Outer building Garden View for 8 nights and then 3 nights at the Poly Club Level. This whole switch cost us $72 LESS to stay at the Grand Floridian/Poly stay. It's only because the Polynesian club level is so expensive. but I did get the 25% off that room rate and free dining at the GF. I've never stayed at either... any thoughts on the GF outer building garden view and the lagoon club level? Has anyone stayed at either? It's our 15th wedding anniversary which is the only reason we are being a lot more extravagant than usual. We have stayed at WL once, but normally we're moderate level people =)
I haven't stayed at either but would love to! I'd go with the GF/Poly combo just because both are more convenient to the MK.

Go for the GF/Poly combo. I stayed at the GF and it's amazing. Plus MK is the first stop on the monorail. You won't regret it. :)

Another rookie question for you-
I keep seeing people saying they couldn't get dates at Pop and it made me feel really guilty about getting my deal as a solo. But, I went on the website and tried to book the free dining one day over from my own (Wed 8/24- Sun 8/29, mine is 8/23-8/28) and no problem getting the original M-F, my booked Tu- Sat, or the trial Wed- Sun. Is the problem not an availability of rooms but simply not over the stretch of dates that people are wanting? It is very likely that there are plenty of dates shorter than a week or on the less popular days of the week. I had no problem booking three different versions of a 4 nt/5 day (two with free dining) but I suspect if one is trying to do a Sat-Sun 9 day trip, that might be the problem- kind of like wanting to see a movie on opening Friday night for the matinee price. Doesn't match up.

I am seeing the same thing. When I looked up inventory starting on Saturdays, it's Deluxes only. Move it to a Monday or Tuesday and suddenly a bunch of rooms are available. Even if people must arrive on a Saturday, I think trying for a split stay would get them to a 90% solution of what they are looking for. Weekends are busier and the inventory is reflecting that.

Quick, there's a tower bay view room available at CR 11/26-12/3 if anyone is looking. First time I've seen a package available with FD at CR for under 10k since the first few got grabbed at 4am Monday.
Hoping it's a sign that either more rooms are getting released or at least confirmation that they are put back out there as they are cancelled!

Last edited:
How do you add a day to your tickets once at Disney. I bought 5 days but may want to go another day but don't want to buy and not use it.

I've been lurking on this thread for awhile but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all of your help! I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to, so maybe you all can help again :)

My sister and I originally each had a reservation at All Star Sports, December 14-20 standard rooms. My room is 2 adults and 2 "kids," 14 and 16. Hers is 3 adults. With free dining and paying to upgrade to the the regular dining plan, my total was $3136.84 and hers was $2666.07.

When we look at Caribbean Beach for the same dates, same people in the rooms and standard view, my reservation comes out to $3157.80 (about $21 difference) , and hers comes out to $2838.08 (about $172 difference).

I understand that there is an additional fee per night for a third adult, but if my math is correct, this breaks down to about $28 per night, on top of the additional fee we were already paying at Sports. Is this correct, or am I missing something? Thank you!

Well if you want a little bit more.

Some may have received them, but there are at least two sets of PIN codes going. One is up to 30% off lodging May 30-Aug 25. The other is for Stay-Play-Dine May 1–26 and May 30–June 28, 2016.

Also, the consensus regarding MNSSHP pricing is around a 10% raise from last year's price.

Not really much to speak of...
Great new on the low party increase! Let us know if you hear of any fall codes going out also!

One idea for those still looking for free dining. Those weekends fill up fast. You can sometimes find availability for weekdays only. Try taking off your weekend dates and see if you find FD dining. At least you could do a split stay and have it for part of your trip. I figure that's better than nothing.

How do you add a day to your tickets once at Disney. I bought 5 days but may want to go another day but don't want to buy and not use it.

Adding the 6th day should only be about $16 more per person. If you add them now, you can set fastpass reservations for that additional day.

All stars music suite available from Nov 20-27 also! If only my family didn't want POR so badly I would be very happy right now!

I just cancelled Pop for 10/1-10/8 if it matters to anyone!

Hey all. New to posting but have been following very closely. I had to change my original booking of CS to get free dining....we ended up with ASMu--3 standard rooms. After constantly checking-- I was able to change all 3 rooms online to Pop, standard just 5 minutes ago....I wanted to let you know in case anyone was looking 9/17-9/24.... Still trying to get back to CS!!

We're you under any kind of special?
Thought I would add something here because we are talking about POP. I read a couple of posts about the questionable necessity of a Disney Visa. I had a few questions myself until yesterday. I tried in vain several times to book POP for November. No rooms available. Then I received an email from my DV card website. Seems they had their own offer and that made me think they had their own supply of rooms. Well, they did. Got my room and was very happy that I opened the email and took a chance. Maybe someone else might find this helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter