• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the CM I just talked to checked for availability to add either RO or FD to our existing reservation at the Contemporary Garden Wing. After multiple hours on hold calling for the third time today, I still couldn't get anything.

How can I not get either discount added to my stay? I booked early enough to ensure that I would get the resort I wanted. Now I'm being shut out from a promo because I didn't book it today?

My frustration with this whole process is at its limit. Here's a deal they are advertising but not everyone is eligible for it.

I didn't get anything either. I'm hoping to find something later, but I'm going in October so I wasn't expecting much.

Can I just tell you that I had a great time on this thread last night! Thank you all for helping me stay awake! I was able to get my free dining at 3:06 am along with many of you that were using the online chatroom! I am a little confused now though. I called into the call center (HA!) and talked with an agent when I was cancelling my previously booked CBR. We are now at POR. She told me that this resort may not be able to accommodate my party of 5 due to my kiddos being 12 and 13. Has anyone else heard anything like this or had problems staying with older kids in these rooms? We are not giants! LOL! I am 5'3" and 125. My daughter is smaller than me. The agent was saying that none of us would be able to fit on the murphy's bed. HELP!!!

Can I just tell you that I had a great time on this thread last night! Thank you all for helping me stay awake! I was able to get my free dining at 3:06 am along with many of you that were using the online chatroom! I am a little confused now though. I called into the call center (HA!) and talked with an agent when I was cancelling my previously booked CBR. We are now at POR. She told me that this resort may not be able to accommodate my party of 5 due to my kiddos being 12 and 13. Has anyone else heard anything like this or had problems staying with older kids in these rooms? We are not giants! LOL! I am 5'3" and 125. My daughter is smaller than me. The agent was saying that none of us would be able to fit on the murphy's bed. HELP!!!

I have a Disney Visa and haven't gotten any info for FD. When I go to the Disney Visa website it doesn't list FD under current special offers. What am I doing wrong?
the Disney Visa offer isn't listed on the Chase Disney Visa website. It is on the Disney website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

I can see the Disney Visa offer because we have a Disney Visa card loaded into our profile. It is our method of payment.

Me as well.
Do you have the Disney Visa card in your MDE account?

For what it's worth i JUST NOW got the Disney Visa email, lol. The link is posted some pages back though, but all I did is call and mentioned that I had one.
Calling is the only way you used to be able to get the Disney Visa discount. I was surprised to see the offer loaded into the website.

Question : I changed resorts online and got a confirmation email but the site still shows the old information. Should I worry or does it sometimes take a bit to update?
It takes away for changes like that to get updated in their data bank. We made a resort change in February and I didn't see it in the MDE account until the next day. But I did have the confirmation email, so all was well. :)

Thank you for all the wonderful info! This is the first year I booked free dining on my own! Booked at ASMU Nov 14-20 (split stay) at 4am central this morning!! Taking my mom for her first trip to Disney. We had her added last year but her husband had a surgery and grandma was sick so she wasn't able to go. Hoping she will be able to go this time!!

I must say..Disney could save us a bunch of headaches if they gave us the ability to book multiple rooms on one reservation online, especially for families of 5 or more! If Orbitz can do it, why can't Disney?

I need your opinion I was able to reserve yacht club garden view for 5
Nights with fd for $3371.46 and I also reserved Disney Wilderness Lodge standard room for 7 nights with FD for 3083.42. That's a huge difference. 2 extra days for less. We always stay at yc or bc because we love the pool, but the price for dwl is tempting. I know that the resort is going through refurbishment. Is that why the price is so low? What do you all think?

Hello all, I have been lurking on part 1 and part 2 of this thread knowing that I had booked through a TA and couldn't join in the 4AM fun directly. :cool1: My TA said the office was opening at 5AM to try and rebook everyone, but even so, they couldn't get FD for what I had originally booked (CBR preferred room) for my dates 8/28-9/4. They did get me a package discount that saved about $300, and something was better than nothing. We didn't want a pirate room which was all that was left at the time. A little later in the day, I saw a preferred room at CSR and immediately let my TA know, he was able to switch us and we saved about $1000!!!! I am a little nervous about staying at CSR since my family loved CBR so much on our first trip, but I figure, it really can't be $1000 worse than CBR. :goodvibes So I consider it a free dining success even though we had to change resorts. I probably could have waited and gotten something at CBR later once the dust settled, but I went with the sure thing and we'll try a new resort. Thanks to everyone for all of the information this thread had to offer, I know we would have completely missed out if it weren't for you! As always, :disrocks:

So I somehow grabbed a Cars Suite at AoA 11/15-11/19 which I thought was out of reach for us at 4:30 EST this morning! I got the days I wanted only had to spend a little more than what I wanted to. Seems like not many are going that week, anyone else going then?

Big Question: Friday the 18th is my birthday, what TS should I pick for dinner?

Checking to see if anyone managed to get FD at any monorail resorts for a regular room....

Poly
GF
CT

Anyone? Bueller???

And more specifically in November...
Not us, and I was online right at 4am eastern

So the CM I just talked to checked for availability to add either RO or FD to our existing reservation at the Contemporary Garden Wing. After multiple hours on hold calling for the third time today, I still couldn't get anything.

How can I not get either discount added to my stay? I booked early enough to ensure that I would get the resort I wanted. Now I'm being shut out from a promo because I didn't book it today?

My frustration with this whole process is at its limit. Here's a deal they are advertising but not everyone is eligible for it.

Believe it. Have you not read these threads? Booking early gives you absolutely no advantage regarding free dining. Dont you think we all would of booked early if it secured us a free dining spot???? Thats why if you are only going to Disney if you get free dining..you should not book ahead of time..it says to disney.. "Look at all these people booking without free dining" why would disney put lots of availability for free dining when people are booking without it? If you are going to disney with or without free dining and want specific resorts and room catagory..of course you would book early because you are going no matter what and you dont have to be flexible..you can secure your room and resort and pray free dining is available to your specifications.
Its like this.. Disney puts out so many rooms available for free dining for each resort and catagory..and thats it... Free dining is a whole new reservation..your current ressie has absolutely nothing to do with free dining..sometimes you can modify an exsisting ressie if your exact dates-resort is available for the new promotion you are wanting.
Sometimes you can modify your current reservation if the criteria of your current ressie has availabilty in with the new promotion. No one gets a head start except us that booked bounceback last uear or anyone getting a pin code..

Guys... ok, so does anyone have the FD showing up on MDE but NOT an email? Starting to worry now... lol, I'm so good at working myself up into a tizzy.

Believe it. Have you not read these threads? Booking early gives you absolutely no advantage regarding free dining. Dont you think we all would of booked early if it secured us a free dining spot???? Thats why if you are only going to Disney if you get free dining..you should not book ahead of time..it says to disney.. "Look at all these people booking without free dining" why would disney put lots of availability for free dining when people are booking without it? If you are going to disney with or without free dining and want specific resorts and room catagory..of course you would book early because you are going no matter what and you dont have to be flexible..you can secure your room and resort and pray free dining is available to your specifications.
Its like this.. Disney puts out so many rooms available for free dining for each resort and catagory..and thats it... Free dining is a whole new reservation..your current ressie has absolutely nothing to do with free dining..sometimes you can modify an exsisting ressie if your exact dates-resort is available for the new promotion you are wanting.
Sometimes you can modify your current reservation if the criteria of your current ressie has availabilty in with the new promotion. No one gets a head start except us that booked bounceback last uear or anyone getting a pin code..

Agree with this - lesson learned. Essentially locked myself out of online moves due to having a existing reservation, attempted on the phone, but already had plane tickets so my dates were locked as well. Would have been better off waiting if I was really chasing the FD promo. Lucky to at least get a room discount through all this.

Eh, if you are in the first wave then booking early gave you adrs at 180+10 before the rush. I was going regardless, but there are some reasons to pre book.

So I somehow grabbed a Cars Suite at AoA 11/15-11/19 which I thought was out of reach for us at 4:30 EST this morning! I got the days I wanted only had to spend a little more than what I wanted to. Seems like not many are going that week, anyone else going then?

Big Question: Friday the 18th is my birthday, what TS should I pick for dinner?

I'm going the 15-19th too :)
I don't see these dates mentioned too much however I wasn't able to get what I wanted lol
I'll keep checking though.
Right now we are at Pop with upgraded dining plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter