2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed up until 2 am, had an alarm at 3 am, left my work alarm for 4:15 am, and when I checked, I had missed any reservation being available for my dates at Pop. Absolutely gutted. We've had a BB offer booked from last November, which is a 20% off preferred room. When we booked, the woman told us that if we booked tickets with it and called when another discount became available, they'd be able to modify and we could upgrade to TS for the fee. It's looking unlikely. We've been on hold with disney for over an hour. Debated switching to ASSp or ASMu but Pop is the best option for my mother. Going to see what happens. Mom is so ticked right now she's about to just pay OOP for the QS plan. I can't believe I didn't change my alarm to 4 instead of 4:15 and I missed it.
You didn't miss out, so don't blame yourself. I was online right at 4am EST when the deal came out and there were no FD packages for Pop for the dates of my stay either. We ended up going with our original plan - late August - and managed to get FD at Pop for that. No Halloween stuff for the kids, but it is what it is I suppose.

My TA is trying for me I thought they'd have a better system to use then me but no so why am I using a TA?

How are the all-nighters hanging in there? Caffeine and adrenaline have kept me going so far, but all of a sudden my eyes just glazed over and I hit a serious fatigue wall. Yikes! any benefit I got from the 2-4am snooze is now long gone. Here's hoping we make it through the rest of the day:crazy2:

DYING over here. 2 hours of sleep is not enough to function on :headache:

i hear you. I always laugh at everyone packing a month out, saying I have tons of time. Then this past year waited too long and was running around crazy trying to get it done. (I still think a month is overkill though:rotfl:)

My little ones are getting outfits just for disney so as I get them I put them in "old Blue" so in a way I am packing way way out lol

How are the all-nighters hanging in there? Caffeine and adrenaline have kept me going so far, but all of a sudden my eyes just glazed over and I hit a serious fatigue wall. Yikes! any benefit I got from the 2-4am snooze is now long gone. Here's hoping we make it through the rest of the day:crazy2:

I got about 4 hours of sleep after I booked at 4AM. If I didn't have to work (or appear to work, lol) then I would be doing some serious snoozing right now.

DH let me sleep in but I'm still going on only about 4 hours - I'm running on a free dining high so I'll be alright until that ends. :D

All the cool kids are going the week after TG ;)

I wanna be a cool kid!!!! But... My DD turns 13 on 11/26 so she wouldn't be able to do JTA. And I have finals the second week of December so missing the week prior would probably be stupid.
My husband is on Skype trying to talk me down from switching our days right now. These are all of his reasons, lol

I'm glad to hear you love CSR. I just booked it through the Disney Visa link and don't know much about it. I would love some feedback if you don't mind! Oh and congrats on getting the FD offer!

We have stayed at CSR i believe 9 times and LOVE it! After the room reforms at CBR last year, we decided to give it a try, and we loved it as well. Mine is not the most popular opinion, but we like both CBR and CSR better than POR. When my youngest daughter (9) found out today that is was CSR that we got, she was very happy and told me not to even try for CBR, because she"just missed it" lol. It IS large, but as has been mentioned, the layout makes it easy to navigate and nothing seems too far away. That being said, we have never stayed in the Ranchos section, always either Casitas or Cabanas. There are pros to both of these locations, depending on what is most important to you. If you have some specific questions, please feel free to ask! But we think CSR is great, and truly it and CBR are our favorites!

Now I'm nervous. I still have not rec'd an email confirmation of my changes. I switch my resse to free dining at around 730 this am. Is there anyone else that has not rec'd an email confirmation?

I have not received an email for my second change, but it is showing up on MDE

Sorry, NOT going to talk you down..... I would not even think twice. CBR is the best:cheer2: DO IT DO IT.

We are staying here for the first time ever! I never thought we would be fortunate enough to be able to do a mod! Thanks free dinning! We switched and STILL saved $100!!

I wanna be a cool kid!!!! But... My DD turns 13 on 11/26 so she wouldn't be able to do JTA. And I have finals the second week of December so missing the week prior would probably be stupid.
My husband is on Skype trying to talk me down from switching our days right now. These are all of his reasons, lol

Jedi training and the Baymax M&G are big reasons we booked again so soon. We missed both last fall and my boys Were so bummed!

Are they that strict on the age thing for JTA? That's a bummer!

So....dang....tired. Stayed awake til FD dropped. Was able to book CSR FD quickly, but only a RO discount for POR Royal room which was my original reservation. The price was almost the same, so CSR FD was the better deal. Crawled in bed at 4:40AM. Alarm went off at 5:15AM. Not sure I will do this again! But I couldn't sleep anyway! Thankfully, I work at home. I might scare people today.

OK I have an odd question for you:

I was able to add the free dining to my daughter's package via MDE and she has the exact package
that we do however when I click change under our reservation it says no special offers available
Has this ever happened to anyone else?
It happened with one of my reservations for a family member who had prebooked. I prefer to just book when it drops so that it is easier so when it wouldn't work for their reservation I just booked them another and text them to tell them to cancel the old.

Jedi training and the Baymax M&G are big reasons we booked again so soon. We missed both last fall and my boys Were so bummed!

Are they that strict on the age thing for JTA? That's a bummer!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they ask them their age and DD would proudly boast her age. Even if I tried to *ahem* coach her to forget she had turned 13 a few days prior, she wouldn't be able to help herself. Or her little brother would rat her out, lol!

Anyone else having a child's ticket (3-9 years) show as a "10 and older ticket" in MDE? I know MDE always has wonky stuff, but curious if this is happening for anyone else. My reservation confirmation email shows the correct information.

Both my wee ones are showing as 10 and older, think it is just a glitch if it's not fixed in a few days I'll call

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter