2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't able to book a Nemo suite but we did get free dining for a generic family suite. My TA says we're lucky. I'm going to keep checking this week to see if a Nemo suite opens up.
There aren't "generic" suites at AoA. You will be assigned to a themed suite: Cars, Lion King or maybe even Nemo. All Star Music family suites are the closest to generic. Don't be disappointed. :)

Something weird is going on... I booked my sister's vacation. 2 adults, 5yo, 2yo. Her total $2413.
I try booking same exact everything for me 1 adult, 12yo, 7yo. My price comes to $2756.
Should be same price right...
We both have 2 adults and 1 child basically. What?!!

UPDATE: Just figured it out. It was automatically upping me to the next dining plan level. But it didn't do that for my sister. Phew. Thought Disney was losing it!

FYI... Everyone check your dining plan if you're at a value before checking out.

Last edited:

Something weird is going on... I booked my sister's vacation. 2 adults, 5yo, 2yo. Her total $2413.
I try booking same exact everything for me 1 adult, 12yo, 7yo. My price comes to $2756.
Should be same price right...
We both have 2 adults and 1 child basically. What?!!

No...her 2 y/o requires no tickets.

Oh wait...didn't notice you only have one adult.

August 14-September 1 is indeed opening up ONLY for Disney Visa members. This is not on Visa's site yet.

This is unrelated to the Canadian and South American offers (where these dates are public).
I was hoping your "standby" was going to tell me they're opening FD for Poly rooms. JK! Haha! :genie::ssst:

There aren't "generic" suites at AoA. You will be assigned to a themed suite: Cars, Lion King or maybe even Nemo. All Star Music family suites are the closest to generic. Don't be disappointed. :)
Thanks, I do know that. I just meant that was the room category we had to take. We've done a cars suite and liked it but we wanted one with more color and we like Finding Nemo better than Lion King. :)

Huge wait time. Wonder if any thing left for free dining. Anyone see if any room discounts in October?

I am seeing this:
Enjoy back-to-school savings and captivate your entire family with a visit to Walt Disney World Resort—exciting new entertainment, events and attractions are waiting to be explored.
Take advantage of this great offer to save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. Book now through August 31, 2016 for stays most nights August 26 through November 5, 2016. Other great rates may be available for stays most nights August 1 through August 25, 2016.

No matter when you choose to travel, there’s always something uniquely fun to experience in all 4 parks—from world-class attractions to fireworks spectaculars to unforgettable Character Greetings and beyond!

This special offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View chart to check out sample savings within each Resort Category.

Resort Category Resort Savings

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels Save up to 25%

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels Save up to 25%

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels Save up to 20%

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels Save up to 15%

OH MY GOD I AM SO TIRED

no more 4am chat rooms with a bunch of strangers to get free dining!

But hey it worked :surfweb:
Zero sleep. Sitting at my desk at work. Husband is on a jet plane. And to top it all off my mom, who takes care of my daughter is sick. Its gonna be a heck of a day but totally worth it. 4am chat rooms is hilarious now that I thinking semi straight

August 14-September 1 is indeed opening up ONLY for Disney Visa members. This is not on Visa's site yet.

This is unrelated to the Canadian and South American offers (where these dates are public).
No one believed me when I said it 15 minutes ago..... :)

ETA: The real credit goes to Shannon from WDW Prep School....I was just relaying information from her FB page!

Yup good catch. It was totally hidden in the system too. I had to ask about it specifically. Apparently emails will start going out soon. But right now few would know.

And that my friends is this year's curveball.
Just got the email!!

Since it is a minimal sleep, Monday morning can I be the cynical one and say maybe if people didn't book up rooms in anticipation of fd being released and just waited perhaps there wouldn't be such a limited amount of rooms available to the promo?

Sorry I know there will be plenty that "hate on me" for saying that but I just had to let it out!

I had two rooms already that I booked on the phone a month ago that I modified. I'm not sure you can book two under the same mde account online.

I have both our rooms under my MDE the 2nd room is my daughters name but linked to my MDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter