2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^This ASSUMING they will have the ride open and running when the restaurant is open...otherwise they might wait and open the ride when the rest of the world showcase opens (at 11am). And you are not guaranteed to be given a ride before it actually "opens". No one really knows how this ride will work and be a high demand ride in the world showcase when it doesn't open with future world. Unfortunately we will not know until the ride is open. Doesn't hurt to go ahead and get early reservations if at all possible, then once we know how the ride works keep the ADR or throw it out (if that is your sole purpose of the ADR).
I've got ADR Breakfast for Akershus - and just FYI - in MDE it is greyed out and says you can't cancel or change this reservation. Interesting - why would that be? Maybe they know this will be the new hot spot once Frozen opens - and they don't want people having online ability to change it back and forth. Not sure.

@black562, my brothers uncle knows a woman who used a TA who knew a different TA who said that there was no such thing as FD unless you had a DV, were 5'11 or taller and had blonde hair. Any truth?

PS..can you do anything about all these late night political ads I am being forced to watch right now?

Here's another off topic Q while we wait...is the Hollywood & Vine LUNCH Fantasmic package (I just booked it) with Minnie and Friends or is it just Disney JR characters?
Breakfast and lunch are Disney Jr. Dinner is Minnie & friends.

Tusker House, Chef Mickey come to mind.

We have booked an ADR for Hollywood & Vine for dinner, it's supposed to be Minnie's seasonal party. It has Mickey and friends walking around too but it's supposedly hosted by Minnie and it's themed. We are doing fall so it will be decorated for Halloween and all the characters will be in costume Ned the same for Xmas time! My girls are soooo excited!!

Oh, it's also part of the Fantasmic dinner package so we get seating for that too. Good deal!

Just wanted to note that last year, there was a weird glitch with iPad/iPhone and I had to log in on my laptop to modify. So those that have access to more than one operating system, may want to have them both going. I panicked because I couldn't get it to go through and luckily I had the DIS open in another window and someone posted to use another operating system. I'm sure it won't be the same issue this year, but I have noticed whenever I have issues on my iPad on Disneys site, my laptop will work.

Less than an hour till midnight.... guys!

giphy.gif

@black562, my brothers uncle knows a woman who used a TA who knew a different TA who said that there was no such thing as FD unless you had a DV, we're 5'11 or taller and had blonde hair. Any truth?

PS..can you do anything about all these late night political ads I am being forced to watch right now?

I heard the same rumor from a CM when I called to ask about Free Dining. You know they are ALWAYS right. :duck:

We have booked an ADR for Hollywood & Vine for dinner, it's supposed to be Minnie's seasonal party. It has Mickey and friends walking around too but it's supposedly hosted by Minnie and it's themed. We are doing fall so it will be decorated for Halloween and all the characters will be in costume Ned the same for Xmas time! My girls are soooo excited!!

Oh, it's also part of the Fantasmic dinner package so we get seating for that too. Good deal!

We are doing this one too, I'm excited about seeing their Halloween themed outfits! I hope it's black/orange dresses and such and not costumes. I don't really know why, I just think that would be cute!

Side note- has the FD ever been offered to DV early on a monday before? or has it always been the thursday before the gp release on mondays? Does that make sense? I'm all hyped up on caffeine and sugar.

Something is up with the site. I just priced a vacation with one resort, went back and the price for the same room has gone up $10 a night. So not sure what is is going to be. Waiting for the magic hour....

I'm wavering. Go when there may be swarms of love bugs and melt the bottom of your shoes heat, or, closer to Christmas for candlelight processional and all the Christmas trees?

Ok, I admit, I'm already exhausted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter