2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the hubby and I are going to make a date night out of this tonight. After the kids go to bed, we're going to order a pizza and watch YouTube (I know, I know lol but we have some of the best moments watching funny videos on YouTube) or Netflix. He works overnight so he's used to staying up, but I am definitely not so we're going to take shifts, rotating every 2 hours. With my luck, we will both fall asleep and miss it lol. OR I will oversleep and miss my big presentation at 8:30am.

I'
Question for everyone- First Timer here and i am already booked for Movies through my travel agent. I have already gave her the go ahead to change us to Pop for the free dining. Our Travel dates are Sept 10-19th. I am wondering if would be wise for me to just wait up tonight and book and entire new reservation? Then Cancel my old one (which i have already paid close to $2,000) and get a refund? ..Do they normally start calling in the morning or would i have better odds of doing it online? I am going back and forth here and would like a 2nd opinion lol! ALSO - if i DO book a new reservation and cancel the old one would Disney refund the money back to each giftcard i used (everything has been paid thus far with one) OR put it back all on one card? How long does that take?

I'm in a similar situation. I've booked through a TA and paid a hefty deposit of several thousand dollars (to lock in good AUD-USD exchange rates). I've asked him to apply the FD discount but plan on trying to make a new ressie myself so I don't miss out. My problem is that we have since cancelled the credit card that we paid the deposit on so I'm not sure how that would work....

I thought about doing this but having to switch between hotels twice does not sound like fun. Plus, I want to be at Cabana Bay both Thursday's thru Sunday's leaving only three days at Disney. 11 nights (currently) at Universal is a lot, however Horror Nights takes a lot of you so I sleep in until around 11-noon and enjoy the resort and only go to the parks in the evening. On nights without Horror Nights, I am planning on using the free shuttle to Bush Gardens and Sea World since it has been years since I have been to either of them. That's why Disney would be before. I wonder what the RO discount will be. Anybody have any ideas what the value discount might be? If I skip the free dining and don't go crazy on food, that might be better.

Nobody knows for sure but numbers from 15%-25% have been tossed around. Earlier today Black had a post about possible percentages broken down by location.

I'm the night owl here and I'm going to try to keep DH up with me as long as possible. :D We're going to order take out and watch Game of Thrones after the kids go to bed, and then probably play board games until he can't stay awake. We both have to work tomorrow but I work from home and my schedule is flexible so hopefully I can grab a nap!

I
Thanks! Are buses at POR typically faster? How far are the royal rooms on the resort?
I have never used the buses at POR but I think CBR has more stops. You can also use the French Quarter bus to get back to POR but then you would have to walk to Riverside which can be nice. There is a walk to the food court and pool areas but I didn't think it was too bad. You could use the quiet pool if you didn't want to walk to the main one.

I always book with a TA but this year I want to make sure I get the free dining so want to book directly. Does anyone know if you book directly with disney and get the insurance does that cover your flight as well? I usually book my airfare after hotel.

My hubs works nights, so it's just me. Kids in bed by 8:30. Coffee will be a must, along with a new movie to keep me awake :coffee:

I work nights and have tonight off, also on the west coast. With any luck I can get it modified online by 1-2am (or at the latest i will have to call at 4am) and be able to get FD and be done by the time I would have normally gotten off work!! pixiedust:

Yes! We will need to discuss our ADR's and fast passes, the color of magic bands and what parks what days! There is so much to discuss!! :chat::hyper2::chat::hyper2::chat::hyper2:

not quite as long a wait as you, 11/12-11/19. booked our trip last week and spent part of today trying to figure out park days/attractions. So much has changed since we were last there in 2013; we were FP+ testers. QSDP so no ADR's other than perhaps one OOP. plenty of time between now and FP+ day (September 13).

not quite as long a wait as you, 11/12-11/19. booked our trip last week and spent part of today trying to figure out park days/attractions. So much has changed since we were last there in 2013; we were FP+ testers. QSDP so no ADR's other than perhaps one OOP. plenty of time between now and FP+ day (September 13).
We were last there in 2013 too! The end of October. By the time we got there FP+ was wider spread, we weren't the earliest users but it was still very new. Things seem so different now! There was no tiering in Epcot :(

We were last there in 2013 too! The end of October. By the time we got there FP+ was wider spread, we weren't the earliest users but it was still very new. Things seem so different now! There was no tiering in Epcot :(

getting the FP+ for the new Frozen ride is my biggest concern, 3 of the kids in our family are obsessed with Frozen; I have to make it happen.

getting the FP+ for the new Frozen ride is my biggest concern, 3 of the kids in our family are obsessed with Frozen; I have to make it happen.
I just have the one Frozen fan, and I have to figure this out too! I have no idea how this is going to work! Do you think both the Anna & Elsa M&G and the Frozen ride will both be tier 1?

You guys have serious issues.....

12 hours later and 40 more pages>?>

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This is me! Three boys; 5, 7 and 9... but I WILL be dragging them on the damn ride and I WILL be making them meet a handful of princesses because dammit Mummy wants to!!!

I have 2 boys. Just took the 3 year old to see Frozen on Ice Friday night. Love that he is little and not too cool for Princesses yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter