2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I just realized I have a question. We are going 9/29-10/8, to POR, so we should be eligible for FD, all is well there. However, we have booked our room starting 9/27 because one super cheap flight leaves our home airport to Orlando on Tuesdays only and if we got that flight, it would save us enough to add those additional 2 days. However, the schedules for those flights aren't out yet, as the airline is just starting this promo and it hasn't actually begun so they aren't scheduling yet. Sooo, we booked additional days that we might not use. Now, tomorrow, if we get FD and all is well, then later the airline doesn't run the special and we want to cancel the first 2 nights, does that make us lose our FD? If we book one of the available FD rooms, even if we change our days, doesn't that release a FD room into the system and then we just pick it back up again? Or am I confused? FD is definitely worth not losing, so if we have to firm up our dates we will do that, but I want to do it before tomorrow's craziness! What do you guys think??

Thank you all!!!!

If it's released early to DV cardholders (and it's looking like that will NOT be the case) the only way to know is to call at 7am EST and ask.

right here, this board will be crazy with posts when FD drops.

Yes, you can use your Disney rewards dollars to pay for your package. Just a warning, though, when I called to make a payment with the rewards card, the CM had no idea what I was talking about. She thought I was trying to use the Disney Visa card that gives cash back awards and insisted that there was a three digit code on the back - which I kept insisting wasn't there. She finally called a manager and discovered that she had to enter the card as if it were a gift card. Then it worked and all was well. :)

If it is released to Disney Visa cardholders only then it will not be on the website. But there aren't any credible rumors about the DV card, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Ok that would be great how do I modify to add the FD I already have dining plan booked as well

There will be a modify button *maybe* if it decides to work that day.[/QUOTE]
It may say change reservation. I've noticed mine went from the word modify to change the last few weeks.

I changed/modified my reservation online yesterday. We upgraded to a mod to get queen size beds, out trip is in October so we're just hoping for a room discount now. But it was easy and our deposit transferred over along with dining reservations. I was a little anxious about it but there weren't any problems!
I see that the deposit transfers over if you "Modify" an existing ressie. Am I correct in assuming though, if you are making a brand new ressie (bc your modify button is not appearing) that a new deposit will have to be made as well? Then when you cancel the old ressie, your deposit for that will be credited back.

Ok, so I just realized I have a question. We are going 9/29-10/8, to POR, so we should be eligible for FD, all is well there. However, we have booked our room starting 9/27 because one super cheap flight leaves our home airport to Orlando on Tuesdays only and if we got that flight, it would save us enough to add those additional 2 days. However, the schedules for those flights aren't out yet, as the airline is just starting this promo and it hasn't actually begun so they aren't scheduling yet. Sooo, we booked additional days that we might not use. Now, tomorrow, if we get FD and all is well, then later the airline doesn't run the special and we want to cancel the first 2 nights, does that make us lose our FD? If we book one of the available FD rooms, even if we change our days, doesn't that release a FD room into the system and then we just pick it back up again? Or am I confused? FD is definitely worth not losing, so if we have to firm up our dates we will do that, but I want to do it before tomorrow's craziness! What do you guys think??

Unfortunately you would be able to just drop those last 2 days off. You would have to make a brand new reservation and hope that essentially there is "another room" with the same dates just 2 days less.

I see that the deposit transfers over if you "Modify" an existing ressie. Am I correct in assuming though, if you are making a brand new ressie (bc your modify button is not appearing) that a new deposit will have to be made as well? Then when you cancel the old ressie, your deposit for that will be credited back.

That is correct, a new reservation would require a new $200 deposit.

Ok so if I am getting this right...
Rumor is Free Dining and RO are being released tomorrow at 7 am EST?
We will not know until we call at that time? But could be on the website at that time?
And POR is only available until Oct 1?

I know ASMu family suites can accommodate a family of 5. And obviously POR rooms with the murphy bed. What other Moderates are there for us to choose from that allow 5 and not one of them being an infant?
TIA

While I am learning my way about free dining, I can speak about cancelling your credit cards...don't. If you have the no-fee version, don't touch it. If you have the annual fee version, maybe. Your credit score is made up of many things, but two of the most heavily weighted portions are your length of credit history (how long have your accounts been open?) and your debt to available credit ratio (how close are you to maxxing out all your cards?) while that Disney Visa isn't doing you any good this year toward free dining, it is doing you a LOT of good towards your credit score. If a little petty revenge makes you feel better (it does me LOL), charge all your Disney purchases to a different card that gives you cash back or airline miles or something and get a reward for your spending, but please don't close the card over this. That never used card with the $5000 credit limit (or whatever yours is) counts as length of credit opened and shows responsible use of credit by not using it even though you have it.

And Dave Ramsey would say hogwash, cut up those cards, you don't need no stinking credit score, haha :teeth:

We will not know until we call at that time? But could be on the website at that time?

I know ASMu family suites can accommodate a family of 5. And obviously POR rooms with the murphy bed. What other Moderates are there for us to choose from that allow 5 and not one of them being an infant?
TIA

AoA family suites, FW Cabins, and CBR will fit 5.

You can check the website under special offers anytime to see if the promotions dropped yet.

AoA family suites, FW Cabins, and CBR will fit 5.

A little off topic, but hey.... we've got all day and all night to chat! AoA Family Suite is our first choice, but I hardly hear anyone talk about this one. Previously stayed at POR and loved it, but now with a 2.5 year old grandson the Cars suites can't be beat (theme-wise) for our party of 3 adults and the boy.

So, what's the downside on this resort? Is it just the relative cost per value resort or is something else going on of which I'm unaware?

A little off topic, but hey.... we've got all day and all night to chat! AoA Family Suite is our first choice, but I hardly hear anyone talk about this one. Previously stayed at POR and loved it, but now with a 2.5 year old grandson the Cars suites can't be beat (theme-wise) for our party of 3 adults and the boy.

So, what's the downside on this resort? Is it just the relative cost per value resort or is something else going on of which I'm unaware?

I believe the downside is that bc aoa is considered a value resort you would only get the quick service dining plan and have to pay to upgrade it to the regular dp. I do not agree with this (bc of room price) and really wish it was considered a moderate and got the regular dp bc if it was it would be my first choice too

Did anyone happen to call this AM just to check? :duck:
Yes I called at 7:15. No new promos for DV or GP. CM did say "today is Sunday and DW typically does not release new promos on Sunday's. Monday would be a better day to check"

I tried squeezing a little more info out of her by asking if they were looking for any CM to volunteer for OT tomorrow in anticipation of high call volume. She said she can't comment on that. And again repeated that "Monday would be a better day to call if I was looking for new promo releases."

I woke up early today thanks to my annoying dog, so I'll be taking a nap today to prep for tonight. My thought is that Disney has scheduled extra people to work during the announcement day, so surely they wouldn't change it just to f with us.... Right?!?

I'm so nervous about ours. I played with numbers yesterday and we pretty much need a 5 person moderate room otherwise FD just isn't worth it. The family suites at values are more expensive and we would want to upgrade to regular dining AND we already have the old ticket prices. So if we can't get POR or CBR we will probably just scale way back on our dining and I'll cry.

I know! I am constantly refreshing MDE, switched browsers...it's still not right...I booked 2 rooms at POR, 4 are showing up...no modify yet...

Basically, Disney's new modification policy is that the new dates you want (even if already booked) have to be available as a new reservation. You can't just drop days anymore. Does that mean you can't modify? No. If it's available, they'll modify. If it's not, you'll have to move stuff around, but you won't automatically lose free dining necessarily.

If you call in to cancel your old reservation you'll also have the option of requesting they put the deposit you made on it over on the new reservation instead of having it refunded.

TIA

CBR rooms have some murphy beds, a suite at CSR, cabins, and suites at AoA. You could also look into 2 rooms at value level, but no guarantee they'd connect.

The website could update with the offer anytime from 12a EST on, so it's possible it'd be online before the phones open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter