2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board has been chatting about it for quite a while now.

Might I add that you guys are a great group of people. I left the other boards because of excessively rude behavior...but I'm not seeing that over here.
It has always amazed me why people would be rude about things such as this. You are only trying to help and always let us know it is not set in stone...
You are the best and once again appreciate everything you do to help us out and give us a heads up.
Big Thanks!

With the rumors of free dining coming out tomorrow, I just have b one question. I'm a Disney visa cardholder. Assuming that it's released to cardholders earlier than the general public, how will I know that I have early access to it?

I have seen info on split stays. Can you split stay during free dining without buying additional tickets.
If I stay at CBR for 6 days and CSR 6 days do I have to buy 3 day ticket each time?
You can buy 6 dasy tix with the FD package dates. You
Yes, I had actually called for another reason, but since I had someone on the phone, I figured it would tell her to pass it on. Because yes, I am seriously considering cancelling. It is noty primary card a anyway.

no advance booking again this year is disappointing. wonder if that is Disney's decision or Chase. In the end I booked with a TA so the advance did not matter. It's not my primary card either, anything I would only get 1% of from any card goes on the DVisa.

The rewards sure are nice to have for the extras while at WDW. Last trip we had the DDP and it covered all the tips, wine with dinner and a cocktail by the pool.
This trip we are going with the QSDP so no tips. I will have close to $500 in rewards that I will use to pay for at least 1 character meal and maybe MVMCP (still not sure that is worth the cost for 3 Disney adults).

no fee so I will likely keep it.

With the rumors of free dining coming out tomorrow, I just have b one question. I'm a Disney visa cardholder. Assuming that it's released to cardholders earlier than the general public, how will I know that I have early access to it?
If it's released early to DV cardholders (and it's looking like that will NOT be the case) the only way to know is to call at 7am EST and ask.

right here, this board will be crazy with posts when FD drops.

I just cleared my computer and checked the price of my package again (because while I wait for fd what else would I do)...and it's over 400 more

I know this sounds weird and wrong, but I hope there is limited availability for my dates so that I don't have to choose my resort. :upsidedow At the moment, I'm torn between 3 resorts.

Might I add that you guys are a great group of people. I left the other boards because of excessively rude behavior...but I'm not seeing that over here.

really appreciate all you do to help us all get the best deal. I have been following you here for years and you have always been very clear that until the discount actually drops it's just a RUMOR. don't understand why people have gotten so nasty when something did not pan out exactly as rumored.

I was hoping for FD starting 11/12 (historically it would have) but it's very likely it won't this year. I have enough faith in your (and Dirty Steve's) information that instead of doing a split stay I booked a magical deal at ASSp with QS dining for 11/12-11/19, saving hundreds of dollars over the split stay. If tomorrow the rumored dates are off by a bit and our check in date is included that is on me I won't be mad at anyone else.

thanks for sharing all your Disney expertise, I really enjoy your FB page too.

Last edited:
I'm so bummed that my dates (11/4-12) aren't included in the FD or RO dates that are rumored for Monday. Was really looking forward to pulling an all nighter with you all!

I am so excited to hear what we all get in the early morn hrs!!!I was up every 2 hrs last night, I think it was my subconscious getting me ready. Thanks to all of you and good luck!:thanks:

SO I will be at work on Monday at 7am and cannot sit on the phone (I work for a airline so waiting on hold is not a option for me.) What is the website address I would go to if I wanted to try to add the discount myself?
I really need FD so we can go in Aug.

HOWEVER, I DID notice that the cast members now ALWAYS try to get you to book when you call in, and use the "you can always update your reservation when the new promotions come out" lines. Then you get a follow up email from them with their name and extension number. So I'm thinking they just decided to take advantage of what we FD crazies were doing already calling in and turn it in their favor. I'm willing to bet they have a TON more
reservations "prebooked" this year than in the past.
So yeah, I think they don't let us know in advance becUse they actually want all 2,000 people calling in prematurely so they can get them to prebook so they know what dates most people are interested in.
I noticed this too. I feel like it is done on purpose! We all book early in a cheaper standard room, then FD is announced and no standards are available so for "only" a few hundred more we all upgrade and are happy to get FD. Then that opens up a few stanadard rooms for the next people coming in so Disney gets to book even more rooms! then it's left to us obsessive crazy people to keep checking 20x a day to try to get the deal we originally wanted!

I think I saw somewhere before that there are only a select number of murphy beds in CBR and POR. I know when I check out, the only thing it asks is if we need a crib. Is there a way to request the murphy bed online or do I need to call for that? I really don't know that the baby will sleep in a pack n play and will probably end up in bed with me. She doesn't adjust well to unfamiliar surroundings.

You have to call to request the bunk bed. The rooms are given to families of 5 first (with all guests over the age of 3). But if you request it as your first priority you have a chance.

I just cleared my computer and checked the price of my package again (because while I wait for fd what else would I do)...and it's over 400 more

Do you currently have a reservation? Was it booked before the price increase?

I think I saw somewhere before that there are only a select number of murphy beds in CBR and POR. I know when I check out, the only thing it asks is if we need a crib. Is there a way to request the murphy bed online or do I need to call for that? I really don't know that the baby will sleep in a pack n play and will probably end up in bed with me. She doesn't adjust well to unfamiliar surroundings.
Those will be given to people with 5 in their party first.

Just mimicking that they'll go to families of 5 first, but you can guarantee a pull down bed by booking a preferred room at POR. They all have them. Not sure about CBR.

does anyone know if yu can use your disney reward dollars to help pay for your package from home? I know yuo can use them to pay fat check in for a room only. but the package balance is due 45 days prior.

(we have the Bounceback free dining)
Yes, you can use your Disney rewards dollars to pay for your package. Just a warning, though, when I called to make a payment with the rewards card, the CM had no idea what I was talking about. She thought I was trying to use the Disney Visa card that gives cash back awards and insisted that there was a three digit code on the back - which I kept insisting wasn't there. She finally called a manager and discovered that she had to enter the card as if it were a gift card. Then it worked and all was well. :)

If it is released to Disney Visa cardholders only then it will not be on the website. But there aren't any credible rumors about the DV card, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Last edited:
Nervous about Monday, we have already booked so I have to wait and try and call in at 7am :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter