• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch (and more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! Can I join you all just to chat? I've been following/lurking along since part 1 but sadly POR was excluded for my dates (no surprise but I still let myself get my hopes up.) I love having a place to chat with other Disney fans so I thought I would say hi and join the fun since you are continuing the threads. I loved my November ADR chit-chat thread last year and you all seem like a fun bunch too!

ETA: I'm waiting for MVMCP tickets too! Also, would love to try Club Villain if they continue to extend.

Hey there! Can I join you all just to chat? I've been following/lurking along since part 1 but sadly POR was excluded for my dates (no surprise but I still let myself get my hopes up.) I love having a place to chat with other Disney fans so I thought I would say hi and join the fun since you are continuing the threads. I loved my November ADR chit-chat thread last year and you all seem like a fun bunch too!

ETA: I'm waiting for MVMCP tickets too! Also, would love to try Club Villain if they continue to extend.

Yes, join us! And here's a link to the November thread that someone shared with me, and then I lost who it was. (Thank you to whoever sent me the link!)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-november-2016-thread.3441989/page-15

I've been following along but not posting often, my trip dates are October and can't be changed so no chance of FD. Can someone send me a message re: the magical deal so I can make sure I emailed the right travel agency? I've exhausted all options that are available through Disney right now...and I'm willing to pay full price, but I'd rather not!

Me - ASSp 11/12-11/19/16 w/QSDP and 8 day PH. saved quite a bit over a spit stay with RO followed by FD. because of work commitments we could not change our dates.

They are excellent. They even throw in a water park ticket for free with every package for every member of your party. We have used them twice, and know 2 other family's who swear by them. I was booked this August at the Poly like my ticker shows, but we decided we wanted FD instead. My 7 day package at the Poly with tix was $11 cheaper than rack rate at moderates with tix.

sahm, you can book them with confidence.

Thanks! I have put in for a quote from them. Right now I'll take anything! I didn't want to have to cancel my current TA because we are friends but honestly I think she would understand if I can save $1000 and I'll send her a gift card thank you note or something for booking my ADRs!
Did you get it?
Nope. Planning on stalking the website for a while but the room I need is so limited idk if that will work. Waiting on my magical quote... From what I've heard their agency exclusives are almost as good as FD

I'm here too, still watching and reading. I must have a problem too as I had a FD BounceBack this year but loved waiting with you all! I wanted to see how it was going to be this year compared to last year. And it was worse it looks like. I checked as soon as it went live for our dates just for fun and they only had all star sports. And then that was gone totally for all values for our dates within 30 minutes of dropping. I've checked a lot and our dates never showed back up for values or mods. So we probably wouldn't have gotten it this year. I think the problem is we are going for 2 weeks, so no availability for that many days in a row. I hope more drop back into inventory for you all!

Should have titled this ;

"FD ...the AFTERMATH!"

I hope those who did not get FD the last few days have not given up. Here's a success story.......

I just got GF with FD for most of my stay. I found out that alot of the problems stem from people trying to get FD with the first day of the promo. I switched my search to the second day of my desired dates and suddenly there were bunch of other choices.....

So, we are staying at our second home for the first 2 days(POLY)....then going over to our most desired resort we have never tried GF!!!

Got FD for the entire stay at GF (4 days).

The price for the split stay, with FD (for 4 of 6 days) is only 300.00 more than the entire original cost of POLY without FD. PLUS we got a lagoon view at GF.

Trust me it ain't over , keep checking for the new week....(heck up till July end date).....you can still get that FD your looking for.

Also, I have an FD for AKL, I will be cancelling soon. 11/15-11/20.....

CHEERS!

Last edited:
I don't have FD yet...but I keep obsessively checking...here's hoping for at least a small influx of rooms to be "released" soon. And that I can get (2) for my dates when I call (again). There are 6 Disney adults in my family...

Anyone get a UOC for free dining for November. I have seen a few people get them for RO but was wondering if a FD was out there?

Oh BTW....

I am still waiting on my email from DV about the promo....I will be calling them to ask WTH happened there......

giphy.gif

Google it and you'll probably see. I would like to hear some reviews though bc I'm scared to book some deal without knowing it is legit you know?
Totally legit. We stayed at the BC last summer and we are staying at the Poly for a few days this summer before our free dining kicks in.

Just FYI, still a GF offer for FD in the DV link from 11-16 to 11-20 and beyond.....

I'm going to say the reason why yours has less of a gap is because you were already paying more to upgrade 4 people to the regular dining plan. Her is probably a wider gap because she was only paying to upgrade three to the dining plan. Just at quick glance, that's what stands out to me.

You know, I didn't even think about that, but it makes perfect sense now that you mention it! Thank you so much, I appreciate it! :):thanks:

I'm here too, still watching and reading. I must have a problem too as I had a FD BounceBack this year but loved waiting with you all! I wanted to see how it was going to be this year compared to last year. And it was worse it looks like. I checked as soon as it went live for our dates just for fun and they only had all star sports. And then that was gone totally for all values for our dates within 30 minutes of dropping. I've checked a lot and our dates never showed back up for values or mods. So we probably wouldn't have gotten it this year. I think the problem is we are going for 2 weeks, so no availability for that many days in a row. I hope more drop back into inventory for you all!
I think we will be going the same time. :teeth:
We are going Sept 24th to Oct 1st. And yes there was very little availability :crazy2:

Anyone get a UOC for free dining for November. I have seen a few people get them for RO but was wondering if a FD was out there?

I'm curious about this as well. I got the UOC for the room only and applied it to our reservation this morning but I would much prefer FD. Our dates were included 12/10 - 12/17 and I even was awake at 3:30 CST Monday morning looking and could have booked CSR but this trip is for my birthday and I just couldn't give up POR. We stayed at CSR last year with FD and we liked it but didn't love it so I'm hoping we LOVE POR.

On a side note if anyone is looking for CSR FD for 12/10 - 12/17 I saw some preferred rooms available with the DV FD offer. I can't quit checking my dates even though I have no intention of switching from POR :rotfl:

I'd like to know if anyone has been able to book a Nemo suite w/ free dining and also your dates (if you don't mind). I'm suspecting they were never available to begin with. :rolleyes:

I didn't book it but I did see one for my dates in December, 12/10 - 12/17 with the DV FD offer. I'm not sure if that helps you at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter