2016 Free Dining Watch (and more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have titled this ;

"FD ...the AFTERMATH!"

I hope those who did not get FD the last few days have not given up. Here's a success story.......

I just got GF with FD for most of my stay. I found out that alot of the problems stem from people trying to get FD with the first day of the promo. I switched my search to the second day of my desired dates and suddenly there were bunch of other choices.....

So, we are staying at our second home for the first 2 days(POLY)....then going over to our most desired resort we have never tried GF!!!

Got FD for the entire stay at GF (4 days).

The price for the split stay, with FD (for 4 of 6 days) is only 300.00 more than the entire original cost of POLY without FD. PLUS we got a lagoon view at GF.

Trust me it ain't over , keep checking for the new week....(heck up till July end date).....you can still get that FD your looking for.

Also, I have an FD for AKL, I will be cancelling soon. 11/15-11/20.....

CHEERS!

ALSO! We now have a ADR planning and canceling thread!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/november-2016-adr-cancel-planning-thread.3505808/

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFORMATION!!!! I just tried this and took the last day off, instead of the first, and we managed for get a garden view at POR with FD!! (Then just got a room for the last night there!)

Last edited:
I'm here. Still searching the site for FD at CSR. Only thing that is available for my date is the Suite and that is just out of our budget. I googled that magical deal and sent in a request. They basically told me the same thing that Disney was showing me on their site. So... I am not seeing how their deal is so magical.

Okay so how is the DV FD any different? I have the link and the offer codes but the link doesn't pull up anything different for me. I wonder if I called if I could get a different deal with DV.

Okay so how is the DV FD any different? I have the link and the offer codes but the link doesn't pull up anything different for me. I wonder if I called if I could get a different deal with DV.

I haven't seen any different inventory for my dates, either. When a room shows up on one offer, it is also available through the other offer. When it disappears on one, it disappears on the other. However, other people have seen some differences so... :confused3

I haven't seen any different inventory for my dates, either. When a room shows up on one offer, it is also available through the other offer. When it disappears on one, it disappears on the other. However, other people have seen some differences so... :confused3
Exactly the same for me too. I didn't use my Visa to book bc I couldn't see a difference. I guess I will keep trying both

In playing around I had one reservation where something showed up for the DV and not the regular FD. It only happened once, though.

Okay - so talk to me about splitting your room stay. I just looked and I can find a preferred room for Monday - Friday of our stay. We would still need a room at CBR for Friday and Saturday. If I called could they split the room to Monday - Friday with FD in the preferred and then move to the pirate room Sat and Sun while keeping the FD for those days?

ETA - if we checked into a new room on Friday of our stay - that date is no longer in the FD time frame. There isn't really a way to do this, is there? boo hoo

Last edited:
So we booked a BB with free dining for ASSp but really wanted POR, but there was no availability except Royal Rooms for our dates. Didn't really want to pay for that, so we settle for ASSp. I called a couple of times and could not switch, so we decided to try on the regular free dining promotion, as you can guess we had no luck. I decided to call today and upgrade our dining plan to the regular and the CM was having trouble, so she transferred me to a supervisor and I explained that I wished to have POR Garden or Pool view, or upgrade our dining to the regular plan. She put me on hold and gave me two options...

1. Update dining for around $500 or
2. Upgrade to POR Garden View for $600 and get the DDP for free!

YEAH!! Finally!!! Got our first choice!!!

Should have titled this ;

"FD ...the AFTERMATH!"

I hope those who did not get FD the last few days have not given up. Here's a success story.......

I just got GF with FD for most of my stay. I found out that alot of the problems stem from people trying to get FD with the first day of the promo. I switched my search to the second day of my desired dates and suddenly there were bunch of other choices.....

So, we are staying at our second home for the first 2 days(POLY)....then going over to our most desired resort we have never tried GF!!!

Got FD for the entire stay at GF (4 days).

The price for the split stay, with FD (for 4 of 6 days) is only 300.00 more than the entire original cost of POLY without FD. PLUS we got a lagoon view at GF.

Trust me it ain't over , keep checking for the new week....(heck up till July end date).....you can still get that FD your looking for.

Also, I have an FD for AKL, I will be cancelling soon. 11/15-11/20.....

CHEERS!

ALSO! We now have a ADR planning and canceling thread!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/november-2016-adr-cancel-planning-thread.3505808/
Love the aftermath!! Hahaha

Okay - so talk to me about splitting your room stay. I just looked and I can find a preferred room for Monday - Friday of our stay. We would still need a room at CBR for Friday and Saturday. If I called could they split the room to Monday - Friday with FD in the preferred and then move to the pirate room Sat and Sun while keeping the FD for those days?

ETA - if we checked into a new room on Friday of our stay - that date is no longer in the FD time frame. There isn't really a way to do this, is there? boo hoo

You really can't get free dining with both portions of a split stay unless you're also willing to buy tickets with both portions.

Nope even if your already there and do a split stay both check ins must be in FD window.

That's what I figured. Argh, I'll keep checking then. I need to call late at night or early in the morning. If I DO get thru it's a ridiculous wait time

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFORMATION!!!! I just tried this and took the last day off, instead of the first, and we managed for get a garden view at POR with FD!! (Then just got a room for the last night there!)
That's great...glad to see it helped someone out!
giphy.gif

Okay... like seriously... what ARE we watching for? I'm confused. Are people waiting for another FD promotion?

No, some people just haven't been able to snag FD for their dates. Inventory is constantly changing so we are just rooting them on to get what they want :)

Some of it is what vanjust14 said but...

Yay for part 3!!! Let's keep it going, otherwise I'll have no option for the next 150ish days but to actually be a responsible adult again....:worship:

there is this too :rotfl2:

Oh... in that case... I'm watching too! Feel free to root me on!

What are you trying to get? Resort/party makeup/dates/dream budget? Some of us that already have what we want are still keeping an eye out to help others!

Hey there! Can I join you all just to chat? I've been following/lurking along since part 1 but sadly POR was excluded for my dates (no surprise but I still let myself get my hopes up.) I love having a place to chat with other Disney fans so I thought I would say hi and join the fun since you are continuing the threads. I loved my November ADR chit-chat thread last year and you all seem like a fun bunch too!

ETA: I'm waiting for MVMCP tickets too! Also, would love to try Club Villain if they continue to extend.

:welcome: It's a party here! party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter