2014 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ: Vacationing in Grand Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question (it may be a dumb one and if so I apologize) but how do you know what concierge lounge you are in? I didn't realize there were two and I just booked Club Level today for October :cool1:

Good Evening fellow GF lovers :wave2:

Quick question (it may be a dumb one and if so I apologize) but how do you know what concierge lounge you are in? I didn't realize there were two and I just booked Club Level today for October :cool1:
Congrats on your upcoming trip :dance3: Does you reservation say Main Building or Outer Building? If it says main building then you are in Royal Palm Club(RPC) and outer would be Sugar Loaf(SL), you can't go wrong with either CL.....Hope this helps

Congrats on your upcoming trip :dance3: Does you reservation say Main Building or Outer Building? If it says main building then you are in Royal Palm Club(RPC) and outer would be Sugar Loaf(SL), you can't go wrong with either CL.....Hope this helps

It says Main Building so Royal Palm Club it is! Thank you I've always wanted to stay at the Grand so I am thrilled to be staying here and its CLUB level :cool1: We are not going to the parks because we are just there for a day before a Disney Cruise but I plan on taking advantage of the Club and the resorts amenities :thumbsup2

It says Main Building so Royal Palm Club it is! Thank you I've always wanted to stay at the Grand so I am thrilled to be staying here and its CLUB level :cool1: We are not going to the parks because we are just there for a day before a Disney Cruise but I plan on taking advantage of the Club and the resorts amenities :thumbsup2
Enjoy you stay, hope you flight gets in early enough to take full advantage. So relaxing sitting in the lounge listening to the piano & orchestra and sipping a glass of champagne or wine. RPC is my fav of all the CL's we stayed at during our WDW trips.

So I just added a room request to our GF Outer Building Garden View room. I said "Sago Cay, top floor, non-connecting, quiet room". Is this OK or am I asking too much? Should I have not requested a particular building (which is not a deal breaker at all)? Also, since I have this info attached to my reservation, is it still necessary to call the resort a week before with room request info?

30 days from today for our first GF visit for 10 nights - I can't stand it:thumbsup2

Enjoy you stay, hope you flight gets in early enough to take full advantage. So relaxing sitting in the lounge listening to the piano & orchestra and sipping a glass of champagne or wine. RPC is my fav of all the CL's we stayed at during our WDW trips.

It sounds fantastic to me! There is just something about the Grand Floridian lobby that I love its so beautiful and relaxing to just sit and soak up the atmosphere! We are getting in around 9 am so the plan is to spend the whole day at the resort then over to Boma for Dinner :) Then grab breakfast in the lounge in the morning before heading to Port :)

So I just added a room request to our GF Outer Building Garden View room. I said "Sago Cay, top floor, non-connecting, quiet room". Is this OK or am I asking too much? Should I have not requested a particular building (which is not a deal breaker at all)? Also, since I have this info attached to my reservation, is it still necessary to call the resort a week before with room request info?

30 days from today for our first GF visit for 10 nights - I can't stand it:thumbsup2

I have not stayed at the Grand (yet!) However I have stayed at most of the resorts around property and I would suggest calling a week before too it won't hurt to keep reminding them! Its your vacation that your paying a lot of money for take full advantage of it :thumbsup2

((( grouphug)))

Yes it's hot as hello down here in the Lone Star state!

:rotfl::rotfl:

Mickeynut, as far as I'm concerned there's not a bad TPV room at the Grand! Lol

That's good to hear :goodvibes. I feel that way about the resort in general as the GF has such beautiful grounds that I don't think there is a bad room/view anywhere ;).

:goodvibes

Glad to hear all is well... everything is fine here, just trying to stay cool, it's hot as a firecracker out there :firefight

Yep, we agree with a more personal approach and will wait and check in at the resort

I hope you are relaxing in a/c, or by a pool :beach:. It will probably be cooler in Disney :lmao:.

Checking in at the resort is always exciting, especially for CL :goodvibes.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! :eek:

:rotfl2:

Hi ahcupcake :wave:.

You will have a great time!!! RPC is amazing with a beautiful lounge, great food, awesome CL CMs, and gorgeous views :cloud9:.

So relaxing sitting in the lounge listening to the piano & orchestra and sipping a glass of champagne or wine.

I couldn't agree more :thumbsup2.

I think your requests are fine ::yes::. Keep in mind that if you are assigned a room that you don't care for, you can always go back to the front desk and ask if a different room is available. There is no guarantee a switch can be made as it depends on how busy it is, but Disney will do everything they can to accommodate you :). It's not really necessary to call a week or so before arrival, but if it would give you peace of mind, it wouldn't hurt to just make sure your requests are still noted.

The next 30 days will go by fast and you will be checking into the GF before you know it :cool1:.

It sounds fantastic to me! There is just something about the Grand Floridian lobby that I love its so beautiful and relaxing to just sit and soak up the atmosphere! We are getting in around 9 am so the plan is to spend the whole day at the resort then over to Boma for Dinner :) Then grab breakfast in the lounge in the morning before heading to Port :)

Sounds like you have a great day planned :wizard:.

Hi, a couple more questions if you don't mind...
What is the address I should use if I want to have a package sent (diapers from amazon) before I arrive? How should it be addressed?
Also, what is the fax number to fax room requests and when should that be done? (We check in august 21)
Thank you!!!!!

What is the address I should use if I want to have a package sent (diapers from amazon) before I arrive? How should it be addressed?

Check out post #1 of the Shipping To Your Resort Stickey located here for those details.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

Also, what is the fax number to fax room requests and when should that be done? (We check in august 21)

POR and POFQ are currently the only resorts that read and act upon faxed requests. It is recommended to call the main reservation line and have any room requests added to your reservation. I would call now as rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival.

Good evening fellow GF fans...

:wave2: Hello everyone

Whelp, it's almost time for our first GF stay... WHOOT

{just let me pause for a pre arrival party break}

:dance3: shake my groove thang, shake my groove thang, yeah yeah!!

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled program

I've read posts concerning "To do or not do on line check in" however, haven't seen the answer to this question OR the answer is out there and my Xanax has gotten in the way of me being able to fully comprehend it :lmao: either way, I need help ya'll

Question: Does on line check in, over write requests already noted on our reservation that was given to IPO?

I wouldn't make any room requests during online check in, however, would complete everything else... on the flip side, if doing so would negate what has been provided to IPO, then I'm not touching online check in

Thanks much everyone...

Now let's get back to our pre arrival celebration :rockband:

I know that your question has been answered..I just wanted to join in the pre arrival shakin your groove thang celebration....:dance3: lol....

Does anyone know if the queen deluxe rooms in RPC now have daybeds as part of the recent refurb? It looks like the king deluxe may have them so I was hoping the queen deluxe got them as well.

Thank you!

I don't think that anyone has a definitive answer yet...just speculation..since the refurbed outer building deluxe rooms that did not have a day bed now do...:confused3

Hi Blue,

I'm always here. I read this thread a few times a day on my iPhone. I love learning about the Grand from you and all of my Grand friends on here.

Sending pixie dust your way! Have a magical day my Grand friends!

Candy

Thanks Candy Always good to "see" you....:hug:

Wow, thank you SO MUCH for all of the info. It is very much appreciated! Can't wait to check in!

You are very welcome...:goodvibes

The address and phone and fax info for the GF are listed on the first page of this thread....

You're welcome! So close, it won't be long before you are at the Grand! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask - lots of great DISers here to help.

Well said!! :thumbsup2

Doing ok here!
I pop in here and there and check in on y'all. :thumbsup2
We're finally heading back to RPC in November, TPV! Yea!
So, I'll be hanging out here more now.

HI Lulu'sMom Congrats on the November trip! We will be at the world in November too....This is such a fun place to hang out in anticipation of a trip!!

So what is the best location for tpv and why? I am having a hard time finding photos and videos from TPV. I keep looking at the map and cant decide, we will be using the pools alot.

Also do most of the rooms connect?

Have you tried youtube..?? Lots of GF videos there...For a TPV that is also close to the pools I would definitely recommend Conch Key..it is close to the courtyard pool...and a short walk over to the the beach pool....and also has lovely TPVs! :cloud9: As for the connecting rooms...I think that the majority of the rooms do connect...

My impression from earlier thread posts was that many thought all the deluxe rooms would be getting daybeds after the recent room refurb. I just wanted to know if anyone could confirm/deny if that is the case.

As I posted to cinmell..just speculation based on outer building refurbishments...but there are a few posters here that have upcoming trips and are staying in deluxe rooms...so hopefully we will have the answer to that soon....:thumbsup2

No dumb questions..please ask away..that's what we are all here for...to share and learn GF info from one another...:goodvibes

I know that your questions has been answered just wanted to say..Congrats on your CL stay...Did I see in your ticker that this is a birthday trip..If so...Happy Birthday too!

30 days from today for our first GF visit for 10 nights - I can't stand it,,

Sounds perfect! :thumbsup2 Especially putting your building request first...I don't think you need to call the resort as long as the specific requests are on your reservation... 30 days!!! :cheer2: And for 10 nights..lucky you!! Enjoy!

MickeyNut Thanks for posting that link to HC's pics...:goodvibes

Amanda Enjoyed reading your review...so glad that you had a Grand vacation! :thumbsup2 I am sure that the transportation info that you posted will help others with upcoming trips...there have been lots of questions about this very subject recently....:moped:

Hey there ahcupcake :wave2:

grannyminnie Come out and play! :surfweb:

k&a&c'smom Just reviewing the info on the first page here and let me say again how comprehensive and helpful all of the info is :goodvibes ...thanks for keeping it all up to date too.... As for the Frozen phenomena...:confused3 I don't really get it either...and while we loved the movie...the classics will always be my fave...what can compare to Cinderella....JMO....

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a wonderful weekend! princess: preppy GF gal... who is over on my smilies yet again...:confused: lol....

Good evening fellow GF fans...

I know that your question has been answered..I just wanted to join in the pre arrival shakin your groove thang celebration....:dance3: lol....

:wave2: Hi BlueSkies

How are you?

Yippee!! More shaking the groovage... I am all about it ::yes::
:banana: :cool1: :dancer:

I've secretly replaced the GF Band with these lovely fellows for our vacation:
:rockband:

I plan on dancing so hard whilst on vacation, gonna need a hip replacement when we check out after 2 weeks :lmao:

coopersmom - I almost missed responding, sorry! I see what you are saying, but I think you will find the IPO is confused. I recall a series of emails I had with them a few years back, we were not on the same page at all.;) After I sent them specific info, they checked with the room assigner and we got it straightened out.

For one thing, booking king deluxe is the only way to guarantee a king bed at the GF. If they were prone to switching guests with the queen deluxe rooms, that would no longer be the case. Now, they have made changes recently (for instance, the max. occupancy of the king deluxe went from 2 to 3), so who knows? But I would find it very, very unlikely they will bump someone with a king deluxe into a queen deluxe room - as someone else posted, there are more king deluxe rooms than queen.

I hope someone can answer the question about the deluxe rooms and a daybed. If they did so in the queen deluxe, that would certainly mean a bump up from 4 max. occupancy to 5. The crowd goes wild!!:teeth:

Doing ok here!
I pop in here and there and check in on y'all.
We're finally heading back to RPC in November, TPV! Yea!
So, I'll be hanging out here more now.

Glad you are doing well, yay for a new trip!:goodvibes Looking forward to you hanging out with us.:grouphug:

:wave2: Hi k&a&c'smom

How are you?

Hope you're having a GRAND weekend

Yes indeedy deedy, our trip is so close, I could just :faint: with excitement :yay:

Thanks much for responding and letting me know about the other OCI reports :eek: that seals the deal ::yes:: we'll forego OCI and check in at the resort... would rather be safe than sorry

Thanks again for the heads up :hug:

I AM having a Grand weekend, thank you for asking.:hug:

Well, our good friend WDWKOOK told me she has talked with the manager at WL, and he says the OCI requests do NOT override your reservation requests - they see both. So, do with all the info what you will.;) I'm not sure I will take the chance, as others have said, I like discussing our rooms assignment with the CM.:)

So what is the best location for tpv and why? I am having a hard time finding photos and videos from TPV. I keep looking at the map and cant decide, we will be using the pools alot.

Also do most of the rooms connect?

We've asked for non-connecting rooms many times and usually end up with a connecting room, lol. To me, this indicates there is a high likelihood you will get one.;)

The two buildings most often cited as having the best TPVs are Sago Cay and Conch Key. Conch is the closest to the pools, and is a great location in general, we feel.

k&a&c'smom Sent you a PM regarding PBH so I wouldn't clog up the GF thread :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Your requests sound fine to me. Keep in mind, you should list your requests in the order of importance. As each one is added, it narrows the field, so to speak.

If you do call the resort, I would do it at least a week out, maybe a little more. I've read that your requests can be knocked off if you mess with the reservation after it has downloaded to the resort.:scratchin

Thank you!!!!!

See below.

Check out post #1 of the Shipping To Your Resort Stickey located here for those details.

POR and POFQ are currently the only resorts that read and act upon faxed requests. It is recommended to call the main reservation line and have any room requests added to your reservation. I would call now as rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival.

This and this!:)

k&a&c'smom Just reviewing the info on the first page here and let me say again how comprehensive and helpful all of the info is :goodvibes ...thanks for keeping it all up to date too.... As for the Frozen phenomena...I don't really get it either...and while we loved the movie...the classics will always be my fave...what can compare to Cinderella....JMO....

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a wonderful weekend! princess: preppy GF gal... who is over on my smilies yet again.. lol....

:rotfl2: Over on smilies. Thanks for the kind words, I sometimes get behind and need a gentle reminder to fix something.;)

Yes, we are pretty picky about our movies. Our faves are the old ones, too, can't beat Cinderella, Little Mermaid, B&tB, Aladdin, etc. We like Nemo, too.

jrj - you and your groove thang are hard to resist.:dance3:

Have a great week, everyone!!:grouphug:

I AM having a Grand weekend, thank you for asking.:hug:

Well, our good friend WDWKOOK told me she has talked with the manager at WL, and he says the OCI requests do NOT override your reservation requests - they see both. So, do with all the info what you will.;) I'm not sure I will take the chance, as others have said, I like discussing our rooms assignment with the CM.:)

Glad to hear you had a Grand weekend ::yes:: the weekend always goes by so fast :sad:

Thanks much for the info from WDWKOOK :thumbsup2

I really like the idea of checking in-in person, discussing requests with the CM and having the more personal approach + I don't want to take any chances :rotfl:

Have a great week and talk to ya soon :flower:

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I've been MIA since school ended!!! We had a family wedding in Jamaica for 7 nights....came home and repacked for the GF for 6 nights. July is a beautiful blur!!!

I've been visiting and trying to keep up when I can!!

I am now in the process of planning an 8 night trip to the GF in July 2015 with a group of 14. CAN'T WAIT!!!

The GF was beautiful, I liked the new rooms, but its not Disney themed!! As always we had the cabana and Holly for 3 days and it was wonderful!!

I always stay garden view, big pine key.....every requested was done on line, we did the on line check in and every request was meet.

The hotel was filled 100%, I assume because of the work at the Poly. This is the first time ever in all the years that I didn't get at least one room out of the group to dump our stuff in while running to the parks.

The gym was busier then usual, but I got a treadmill every time!! Always got a seat in Gaspies so the 100% wasn't a problem at all. The only time it really felt crowded was up at Mizners.....I think the people from the villas are regulars now and it was packed!!!! Besides a lot of weddings and wedding parties hanging out too!!! I noticed a lot of people using the large round table in the lobby for snacking and drinking while listening to the great music.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer....I'll definitely be around regularly again...life is back to normal!!!:sad1:

Glad to hear you had a Grand weekend ::yes:: the weekend always goes by so fast :sad:

Thanks much for the info from WDWKOOK :thumbsup2

I really like the idea of checking in-in person, discussing requests with the CM and having the more personal approach + I don't want to take any chances :rotfl:

Have a great week and talk to ya soon :flower:

I meant to say, hope you had a GRAND weekend, too.:goodvibes

Don't blame you a bit, I have had a distrust of the OCI from way back, so I hear ya! I'm debating the situation, too. I don't have much longer to decide, I guess.:laughing:

:teeth: I knew the old timers would get it.;)

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I've been MIA since school ended!!! We had a family wedding in Jamaica for 7 nights....came home and repacked for the GF for 6 nights. July is a beautiful blur!!!

I am now in the process of planning an 8 night trip to the GF in July 2015 with a group of 14. CAN'T WAIT!!!

The GF was beautiful, I liked the new rooms, but its not Disney themed!! As always we had the cabana and Holly for 3 days and it was wonderful!!

I always stay garden view, big pine key.....every requested was done on line, we did the on line check in and every request was meet.

The hotel was filled 100%, I assume because of the work at the Poly. This is the first time ever in all the years that I didn't get at least one room out of the group to dump our stuff in while running to the parks.

The gym was busier then usual, but I got a treadmill every time!! Always got a seat in Gaspies so the 100% wasn't a problem at all. The only time it really felt crowded was up at Mizners.....I think the people from the villas are regulars now and it was packed!!!! Besides a lot of weddings and wedding parties hanging out too!!! I noticed a lot of people using the large round table in the lobby for snacking and drinking while listening to the great music.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer....I'll definitely be around regularly again...life is back to normal!!!:sad1:

Welcome back!! Love your description of July as a "beautiful blur", it sums up a busy summer so well.:cloud9: Congrats to the wedding couple!:bride::groom:

Thanks for the details of your stay, and the feel of the resort. We have been when it is quite busy, and I know what you mean, the GF rarely seems like it is at capacity by the atmosphere. I was afraid that might change with the addition of DVC - more people sticking around the resort, if you know what I mean. Glad that didn't seem the case, except for Mizner's, which is a shame, I always loved that it was a calm oasis. Secret's out, I guess.;)

Enjoy your 2015 planning - a group of 14, wow!!:grouphug:

Good Morning Everyone!!!

WOW!! You did have a busy July....but in a wonderful kind of way :thumbsup2 Lucky duck getting to experience Jamaica and Disney.

We too found the resort to be quite busy during our July stay but we could still find seats at Gaspie's and the pool area so all was good :goodvibes We wanted to hang out in Mizner's at least once during our trip but time never allowed. It is on my list of things to-do on our next visit. Maybe they will need to add another bar/lounge for the increased number of guests that the villas provides.

Congrats on planning for your next trip :yay: It is the best way to get over the back-from-vacation blues....

k&a&c'smom Just reviewing the info on the first page here and let me say again how comprehensive and helpful all of the info is :goodvibes ...thanks for keeping it all up to date too....

I agree ::yes::. It's a tough job and very time consuming to keep an FAQ updated, but I think k&a&c'smom does a great job :thumbsup2.

I plan on dancing so hard whilst on vacation, gonna need a hip replacement when we check out after 2 weeks :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Well, our good friend WDWKOOK told me she has talked with the manager at WL, and he says the OCI requests do NOT override your reservation requests - they see both.

Thanks for this information. WDWKOOK is a wealth of information for many resorts, but especially when it comes to the WL :goodvibes.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hi Wishes :wave:.....welcome back!!

Sounds like you've been quite busy, but also enjoying some great vacations :beach:. Hope the wedding was nice and I know you enjoyed the GF.....lol. Have you picked dates for July 2015 yet? I am in the beginning stages of planning for a July trip as well. Right now it looks like the Poly is the resort of choice, but the GF is a runner up ::yes::. Not sure right now how many of us there will be, but it will be a minimum of 7 or as many as 15 :eek:......so I may be right there with you planning for a large group :rotfl: :rotfl:.

dansdad Thanks for that link and the info on fax requests! :goodvibes

:wave2: Hi BlueSkies

How are you?

Yippee!! More shaking the groovage... I am all about it ::yes::
:banana: :cool1: :dancer:

I've secretly replaced the GF Band with these lovely fellows for our vacation:
:rockband:

You are too funny!!! :laughing: :laughing: Maybe if the "new" band plays some slow music you will be able to stave off the hip replacement!!?? lol....:yay:

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hello there my friend! :hug: good to "see" you...Wow what a summer! :hyper: Thanks for your review...I know that you are a July regular...and appreciate your feedback on the impact that having additional guests due to the VGF has on the overall resort in the summer months....

:woohoo: On planning the next trip.....Thats a nice sized group...:crowded: I'm sure lots of fun to be had! :goodvibes

k&a&c'smom Thanks for sharing that info that Kook provided you with ( and thatnks to you Kook for sharing the info! )... Good to know that doing OCI and making requests will go right along with requests that are on the ressie thru CRO...:goodvibes

MickeyNut Sounds like you and Wishes are going to be very busy planning your summer trips!:goodvibes If you plan an event together it would be like having your own convention...:laughing:

~ Calling all foodies...lol...Love to know what everyones "must" have snack is in each park ..or at the resorts...At the GF..since this is the GF thread...the almond crusted cheese cake at Narcoosees is sooo delicious!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a magical Monday....:earsgirl: preppy GF gal.. who is now compiling a list of must have snacks in each park/resort!! lol...:blush: (~ anybody ever try the sweet cream cheese pretzel from the Lunchig Pad in Tomorrowland....) ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter