2014 Free Dining PIN Code Thread

Was planning on booking the S/P/D for Feb dates. Was cleaning out my wifes email and saw in her spam an email from Disney Destinations. It was for free dining! So glad i looked. We are staying at ASMu and got the QS dining. You can upgrade for $15 for adult and $5 for a child per day.

Well, I hope you clicked the "not Junk" button, so all future emails will go straight to her inbox! Congrats.;)

I gave up on getting a PIN and had my travel agent book S/P/D for me since I needed to check in on March 5 (leaving on a cruise on the 8th). Got the email from Disney Destinations at lunch today offering either room only discount or free dining (1/3 to 3/5).

My agent was able to apply the PIN and saved us another $241 from the cost of Stay/Play/Dine. Very happy here !!!!:banana::cool1::banana:pixiedust:

Arlene

If you've never been to disney can you still have/get a pin? I have gotten multiple dvd's and ordered maps and stuff. Does that mean I am "in their system" ? If so should i have my family memebers inquire about dvd's and maps as well to have a better chance at getting a pin? Also do they send out mailers to you only if you've visited before?

If you've never been to disney can you still have/get a pin? I have gotten multiple dvd's and ordered maps and stuff. Does that mean I am "in their system" ? If so should i have my family memebers inquire about dvd's and maps as well to have a better chance at getting a pin? Also do they send out mailers to you only if you've visited before?

Yes, as long as you are in their system you can get a pin. If you have a login on their website you're in the system. I think you can get the maps and things without actually creating an account, but I could be wrong.

Visiting before doesn't matter.

Another thing you could do is login on Disney site. If you don't have login and password, create it. Go through a "dummy" vacation of your dates you want, but then just leave it in your cart and exit. I have once gotten an email that said something to the effect that I left a vacation in my cart and did I want to do it. It was not a pin, that time. But, I regularly get all the pins. (we do go a few times,but I have no idea what it is, so who knows?) At least this way, they know you were thinking of if, but something caused you to not book. Could it have been the price? Oh, maybe we should put them on our pin list?
Just a thought.

Just got a free dining pin, but it's only valid until march 5th and we're booked for the 30th.....they can't extend it can they?

Just got a free dining pin, but it's only valid until march 5th and we're booked for the 30th.....they can't extend it can they?

No, they will not. I believe there are room discounts also on there but I don't know the dates for that.

No, they will not. I believe there are room discounts also on there but I don't know the dates for that.
I did get that too, but isn't it the same as the discount out for RO? Or could I get 35% for POR? The dates are for when we're going

Another thing you could do is login on Disney site. If you don't have login and password, create it. Go through a "dummy" vacation of your dates you want, but then just leave it in your cart and exit. I have once gotten an email that said something to the effect that I left a vacation in my cart and did I want to do it. It was not a pin, that time. But, I regularly get all the pins. (we do go a few times,but I have no idea what it is, so who knows?) At least this way, they know you were thinking of if, but something caused you to not book. Could it have been the price? Oh, maybe we should put them on our pin list? Just a thought.

I do this too and it often works. So far, this time it hasn't worked. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm still calling every week. (Or maybe twice a week!). So far, nuthin'!!! The cm I had last night told me not to give up, that they're still rolling out. She encouraged me to keep checking through the holidays, she said! Now I wonder if she just said that to make me feel better or if she knew something??

Ah, the elusive pin code...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. past trips: Jan 2010 at WL- our magical first trip, Feb 2012 at WL- my escape from the SuperBowl

I did get that too, but isn't it the same as the discount out for RO? Or could I get 35% for POR? The dates are for when we're going

The discount for POR will be less, not sure what but maybe 25% if you're lucky or else 20%. The 35% is for deluxe.

Got all excited when I got an email from Disney with the subject "Check out this magical Disney Rate!"

Opened it up and it was just a three letter "public" follow up offer, no savings versus what I've already booked.

Still hoping we might get lucky and get the "real" PIN. :)

Got all excited when I got an email from Disney with the subject "Check out this magical Disney Rate!"

Opened it up and it was just a three letter "public" follow up offer, no savings versus what I've already booked.

Still hoping we might get lucky and get the "real" PIN. :)
Lol pbruce, I got that same one! Got my hopes up for nothing. :)

I'm still calling every week. (Or maybe twice a week!). So far, nuthin'!!! The cm I had last night told me not to give up, that they're still rolling out. She encouraged me to keep checking through the holidays, she said! Now I wonder if she just said that to make me feel better or if she knew something??

Ah, the elusive pin code...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. past trips: Jan 2010 at WL- our magical first trip, Feb 2012 at WL- my escape from the SuperBowl

Okay, I have called and tried all those things suggested. Just wondering if this becomes bothersome to the cm or does the amount of helplessness in ones voice allow a cm to just apply a pin code if the cm wants to? When I call they always ask if I am already booked (which I am) and I wonder if they think "well why bother giving out one to them, since they booked already with AAA and they won't get the credit for booking"
If pin code cards go out to certain demographic areas, are there places they just don't go? Perhaps they don't go to Western NY for some reason?

Okay, I have called and tried all those things suggested. Just wondering if this becomes bothersome to the cm or does the amount of helplessness in ones voice allow a cm to just apply a pin code if the cm wants to? When I call they always ask if I am already booked (which I am) and I wonder if they think "well why bother giving out one to them, since they booked already with AAA and they won't get the credit for booking" If pin code cards go out to certain demographic areas, are there places they just don't go? Perhaps they don't go to Western NY for some reason?

You're getting a different CM each time so it's not really bothersome. Being booked won't mean you won't get a pin. No one really knows the algorithm for where and who they go to.

You're getting a different CM each time so it's not really bothersome. Being booked won't mean you won't get a pin. No one really knows the algorithm for where and who they go to.

Thanks. I won't feel bad if I keep trying then. :)

I try all the things to hopefully get a pin but I never have. My "adult" son (he's 22 & not really an adult lol) he gets Pins!! Grrr! And this year was the first time my mom said she wasn't planning on doing our January trip, she's come with us the last 6 trips.... And guess who gets a pin? My mom! Well, Lucky for me she said she couldn't pass it up, she felt like she'd hit the lottery!! YAY!! Free dining for all of us!! I booked it yesterday jan29-feb6 @ POR!! Woot woot!!

I try all the things to hopefully get a pin but I never have. My "adult" son (he's 22 & not really an adult lol) he gets Pins!! Grrr! And this year was the first time my mom said she wasn't planning on doing our January trip, she's come with us the last 6 trips.... And guess who gets a pin? My mom! Well, Lucky for me she said she couldn't pass it up, she felt like she'd hit the lottery!! YAY!! Free dining for all of us!! I booked it yesterday jan29-feb6 @ POR!! Woot woot!!

That's GREAT! I love how my adult daughter is still a kid at heart when we go. We are going regardless of a pin but it sure would be great to have one so that the money goes farther.

My dad is getting all the PIN's including the current one out but sadle I cant use it!!! Hoping for a FDing PIN soon. Since I booked the rooms last year my name is attached to his info so if anyone gets a PIN I can apply it! YAY! The CM applied the RO one but sadly changed our trip to Oct forfeiting the September PIN....

That's GREAT! I love how my adult daughter is still a kid at heart when we go. We are going regardless of a pin but it sure would be great to have one so that the money goes farther.

I LOVE how Disney makes all of us feel like kids at heart:mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter