2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

I think I read somewhere that food items in the booths are classed as snacks under the DDP, is that correct? Are they sample-sized portions or are they meal-sized? I have all my table service meals booked but I'm struggling to think how to spend (and eat!) the rest of my DDP points.

At previous F&W festivals and at the Flower and Garden Festival earlier this year you could use snack credits for any NON-alcoholic food or beverage item at the kiosks. We won't know for sure until someone takes photos of the food kiosk menus.

They are pretty much all sample size portions so ideal for sharing and that way you can try more different items. None of the food items were large enough to be a meal by itself.

They are pretty much all sample size portions so ideal for sharing and that way you can try more different items. None of the food items were large enough to be a meal by itself.

Thanks, I'm actually relieved to hear this, maybe my belts will survive the strain after all! ;)

Is there a thread for homemade tray ideas for holding all of your yummy samples? We're thinking of making something to attach to the stroller but were interested in others' ideas.

New app for F&W I just saw over on the Resort board. It's called "Food and Wine Tracker". Anyone have another recommendation to read reviews or keep track of everything going on during the festival?

New app for F&W I just saw over on the Resort board. It's called "Food and Wine Tracker". Anyone have another recommendation to read reviews or keep track of everything going on during the festival?

Is this just an Iphone app? I dont see it on my Android :sad1:

Can anyone tell me how the Eat to the Beat package works? How early should I be to get a seat for the concert?

Saw this on Twitter last night. Possibly the Premium Package Magic Band for Food and Wine Festival. I do not know yet if it will be available for purchase.

Looks interesting. I wish there was an app where you could create profiles for each family member and make a list of things you'd like to try, then a spot to give each sampling a rating.

In its absence, this geek crafted it in Excel! Nothing quite like pivot tables... LOL! :)

I am the planner for an adult girls trip next September. None of the 6 of us has ever done Food and Wine. Our tentative dates are Sept. 19th - 26th 2015. We really want to experience F & W. Any guess of the odds of F & W happening then? How early has F & W began in the past?

I am the planner for an adult girls trip next September. None of the 6 of us has ever done Food and Wine. Our tentative dates are Sept. 19th - 26th 2015. We really want to experience F & W. Any guess of the odds of F & W happening then? How early has F & W began in the past?

Until this year, F&W has begun the last week of September. This year Disney added an extra week in September. What they will do in 2015 is anyone's guess. :confused3

Looks interesting. I wish there was an app where you could create profiles for each family member and make a list of things you'd like to try, then a spot to give each sampling a rating.

In its absence, this geek crafted it in Excel! Nothing quite like pivot tables... LOL! :)

HAHA I was just going to suggest that!

Last year I made a list in Excel of all the foods I wanted to try and the prices. Nothing as elaborate as a pivot table though.

HAHA I was just going to suggest that! Last year I made a list in Excel of all the foods I wanted to try and the prices. Nothing as elaborate as a pivot table though.
Pivot table -- elaborate?? Nonsense!! ;)

It's my favorite overkill tool. :)

Can anyone tell me how the Eat to the Beat package works? How early should I be to get a seat for the concert?

I suppose it's speculation but these appear to be exactly the same as the Candlelight Processional packages. The way those work is, you go to the restaurant, eat the meal, and after you pay for it you are issued a sticker for a certain show. You are instructed to show up about 45 minutes prior to the show to get into the package seating line. Then the package line is allowed into the theater about a half hour prior to the show, before the general public is admitted. If you show up after the public gets in, you lose the seating advantage provided by purchasing the package. That does not mean you will not get a seat; it will depend on how popular the concert is. Many of the ETTB concerts do not fill up in the first place, especially the later shows.

You must be staying at a Disney Resort and have credit card privileges at your resort. The Swan and Dolphin do not have Magic Band charging privileges yet but you can link your Bands to those hotels for FastPass times.

Good point. Since we always stay onsite I forget there are other options/issues! :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter