2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

Question. If we purchase wine at the festival will they hold it and send it to your resort like other products. Thanks

Alcohol purchases cannot leave the park unless you carry them, so they won't be delivered to your resort. But they can send them to the front gate or the International Gateway and you can pick them up on the way out of the park. Don't forget that you won't be able to enter another park while you are carrying them.

Does anyone know what is included in free samples? Hoping to try the drinking chocolate!!
As OrangeCountyCommuter said, you get the same little wrapped chocolate square that they hand out in the Ghirardelli store in DTD. About 99.9% of the time it's the one with milk chocolate and caramel filling. It's very good but I wish they would offer a different one each day.

(ETA: I just read back what I posted and I really don't mean to complain about someone handing out FREE chocolate! Apologies to Ghirardelli -- I really do appreciate and enjoy those free chocolate squares!!)
820_600_1.jpg

Last year they cracked down on parking every day. Not just on weekends. (I know someone who parks at BW several times a week to go to Epcot who was pitching a fit and then was upset that no one thought she was right LOL)

You better hope they have something better. Otherwise you buy the package week one and just come back for the entire festival with your fancy Tragic Band

Hey, my wife fell for it...already made reservations and off the phone and I hear in the next room "ooh a special magic band"...next thing you know I'm calling again and on hold for another hour :). They will probably scan the uber special band for admission to the 'VIP' area.

Great article!
It mentions "The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar", and says, "Afterwards, sample free Ghirardelli chocolate items to find your next fix."

Does anyone know what is included in free samples? Hoping to try the drinking chocolate!!

It's the same square you get at DTD. You have to buy the drinking chocolate

A square? They can only spare a SQUARE?! ;)

Seriously, though, that's kind of lame to include that in the marketing...

Great article!
It mentions "The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar", and says, "Afterwards, sample free Ghirardelli chocolate items to find your next fix."

It's the same square you get at DTD. You have to buy the drinking chocolate

As OrangeCountyCommuter said, you get the same little wrapped chocolate square that they hand out in the Ghirardelli store in DTD. About 99.9% of the time it's the one with milk chocolate and caramel filling. It's very good but I wish they would offer a different one each day.

(ETA: I just read back what I posted and I really don't mean to complain about someone handing out FREE chocolate! Apologies to Ghirardelli -- I really do appreciate and enjoy those free chocolate squares!!)
820_600_1.jpg

I love to get a square of free chocolate, too, but many write-ups I've read make it sound somewhat more generous than 1 little square..

They say regarding the premium package that they will give out "credentials." I am thinking that they will give you something to wear around your neck and will NOT be scanning your magic band.

are people really getting annoyed because the free chocolate is too small? It's free.

They say regarding the premium package that they will give out "credentials." I am thinking that they will give you something to wear around your neck and will NOT be scanning your magic band.

are people really getting annoyed because the free chocolate is too small? It's free.

Nobody's getting annoyed, c'mon relax. I'm just joking. Hence the winking ball.

MakiraMarlena said:
Alcohol purchases cannot leave the park unless you carry them, so they won't be delivered to your resort. But they can send them to the front gate or the International Gateway and you can pick them up on the way out of the park. Don't forget that you won't be able to enter another park while you are carrying them.

Thanks so much this was a very helpful response!!!! Leaving to go in 2 wake ups!!!!

Question. If we purchase wine at the festival will they hold it and send it to your resort like other products. Thanks

Not sure if it's the same for wine, but I once purchased a bottle of vodka in Norway and they would only send it to the package pick up. I could not take it with me out of the store, even though it was almost 9 p.m. and Epcot was closing. They said I could pick it up the next day. Well, I wasn't going to be at Epcot the next day, so I chose to forgo the purchase.

So if you're thinking of purchasing wine, you might ask someone who is selling bottles of wine early on what the policy is. If it has to be sent to the package pick up, they require you purchase at least 3 hours prior to park close. If it isn't close to park close, they advise you it may not be there for you to pick up for at least 3 hours.

Not sure if it's the same for wine, but I once purchased a bottle of vodka in Norway and they would only send it to the package pick up. I could not take it with me out of the store, even though it was almost 9 p.m. and Epcot was closing. They said I could pick it up the next day. Well, I wasn't going to be at Epcot the next day, so I chose to forgo the purchase.

So if you're thinking of purchasing wine, you might ask someone who is selling bottles of wine early on what the policy is. If it has to be sent to the package pick up, they require you purchase at least 3 hours prior to park close. If it isn't close to park close, they advise you it may not be there for you to pick up for at least 3 hours.

I have purchased wine at the Festival Center after we had checked out and was ready to drive home. No problem at all leaving the park with it.

Laura

I purchased wine last year at the festival welcoming center and they boxed it up and let me leave with it.

Have seen some booth menu board photos and it appears to be true that all beers sold at the booths will be in the 6 ounce size only. Haven't seen them all, and haven't seen what the deal will be with the craft beers in the Odyssey.

Have seen some booth menu board photos and it appears to be true that all beers sold at the booths will be in the 6 ounce size only. Haven't seen them all, and haven't seen what the deal will be with the craft beers in the Odyssey.

Is there a link to the photos Nala?

I'm not sure how I feel about the 6 oz size servings. Usually we share a 12 oz or get a sampler, so in reality I guess it isn't that big a deal. Then again, at Germany in the beer garden, we often want our own flavor and 6 ozs isn't going to cut it for hanging around. I suppose you can circumvent that system by purchasing a sampler with four of the same style or two and two. ;)

Any idea on the price of the 6 oz? My concern is that they'll serve 6 oz cups, but charge somewhere between what was a 6 and 12 oz last year

Any idea on the price of the 6 oz? My concern is that they'll serve 6 oz cups, but charge somewhere between what was a 6 and 12 oz last year

Looks like $3.50--same as last year for the 6 oz.

Never mind Nala, I found the pictures. ;) I should have known.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter