• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Bibbiddi Bobbidi Boutique - NEW PICS from 2/19/2014

A note on the quality of dresses.

I do feel like the quality of all the disney produced dresses (both disney store and in the parks) is not what it was 5 years ago. I have a lot of dresses. I have two girls, and they have a grandmother who loves to shop. Still - they hold up pretty well to wear compared to some of the other costume dresses I have bought from alternative places (and some were equally expensive).

That being said - I will say that my pictures don't do the dresses justice. They do not look very good on the hangers, but I saw many kids wearing them and they looked beautiful. The new ariel ballgown one in particular looks much better on than in pictures.

Also - the pocohontas dress as the parks is very nice. I will try and find a picture of it to add.

You can absolutely bring your own dress, and either have the girls change into it before your appointment, or there are dressing rooms in the boutique where you can have the girls change.

For the person who asked if allears pricing is correct - it looks correct to me, but I can't find my receipt to double check.

Was the Rapunzel hair part of the package you purchased, or did you buy it separate or get it elsewhere and bring it in. That is really neat.
Love the pictures. Your dd is adorable.

Thanks so much! :) The Rapunzel hair I actually did myself. I bought some fake hair at a hair supply store (I think I used three or four bags) and I braided and twisted it and sewed in a hair clip. Then I wove in some ribbon and glued in some flowers. I did my daughter's hair in a low ponytail in back and then attached the hairpiece braid in with the clip and some bobby pins. I did this all outside the bathrooms at MK, so it was actually pretty easy to do and lightweight, too. My 2 year old wore it for hours and even kept it on during lunch. :)

Your daughter is adorable!!! The dresses you made are beautiful and they look comfy too.

Thank you! :) I definitely strive to make them as comfy for her as possible since Florida is pretty humid.

And yes! Your tip about glitter is right on. Works like a charm. :)

WOW!
That Tiana dress is ADORABLE!
And I'm not even a fan of TPaTF movie.
You should go on Etsy... yours is a billion times better than a bunch of the dresses there.

You are one great seamstress!

Thanks for the pictures, if the OP doesn't mind i would like to know your thoughts on this...Is itt worth just doing the courtyard package? My girls are 6 and 8, very girly but they don't care to wear a princess dresses anymore but i do think they would love the make over experience and they do love tutus! i wish i could see a picture of those but anyway is doing just the courtyard package worth it?

I would like to hear your thoughts. We leave to Disney on Saturday and have a reservation at 8:05 am on this Sunday the 18th but i am still debating if i should cancel it.

My DH is not being very helpful lol

Thank you!

So... worth it to do the whole picking of the dress and everything? My DD would love that, but i was planning on just bringing her own dress. My husband might keel over if i up the cost on him, lol.

Thanks for the pictures, if the OP doesn't mind i would like to know your thoughts on this...Is itt worth just doing the courtyard package? My girls are 6 and 8, very girly but they don't care to wear a princess dresses anymore but i do think they would love the make over experience and they do love tutus! i wish i could see a picture of those but anyway is doing just the courtyard package worth it?

I would like to hear your thoughts. We leave to Disney on Saturday and have a reservation at 8:05 am on this Sunday the 18th but i am still debating if i should cancel it.

My DH is not being very helpful lol

Thank you!

OP here - we go at least once a year (usually twice), and have done BBB at least once a year since my older daughter (now 8) was 3. For me, it's worth it. Except for the very first time, we have always done the courtyard package. My little one is 4, and I can already tell is not going to be quite as into it as her sister (who still wants to get it next time we go, although she no longer wants to walk around in a princess dress - she told me she is getting too old for that :rolleyes2).

I did not see anyone wearing the tutus, and they didn't have any on display - but the picture of them on the brochure was cute. Either way - they get a sash they can wear, and I saw lots of "older" girls with their hair done and just wearing the sash. Honestly, the hair-do's are distinctive enough that they get special "princess" attention whether or not they were wearing a dress.

Just my $0.02 :)

OP here - we go at least once a year (usually twice), and have done BBB at least once a year since my older daughter (now 8) was 3. For me, it's worth it. Except for the very first time, we have always done the courtyard package. My little one is 4, and I can already tell is not going to be quite as into it as her sister (who still wants to get it next time we go, although she no longer wants to walk around in a princess dress - she told me she is getting too old for that :rolleyes2).

I did not see anyone wearing the tutus, and they didn't have any on display - but the picture of them on the brochure was cute. Either way - they get a sash they can wear, and I saw lots of "older" girls with their hair done and just wearing the sash. Honestly, the hair-do's are distinctive enough that they get special "princess" attention whether or not they were wearing a dress.

Just my $0.02 :)

I appreciate your 2 cents lol - I am going to do it, it sounds like it is worth it and it is our first trip to Disney so we want them to have the whole experience and this will be part of it.

Thank you!

I will come back and post pictures of the tutus, it might help others.

Can you use your own camera in the photo shoot or do you have to buy the photos that the camera guy takes?

I had the exact same thought. They look very thin flimsy and itchy and nothing like they have looked in the past when we have done BBB. Our most recent Princess dress from the BBB is Ariel's ballgown, and it looks nothing like the one in the photo. Ours is thick beautiful fabric I would say it is the prettiest one we have ever gotten at WDW, and we have a few from BBB and have also had several Disney Parks ones (same as the BBB ones, just didn't do BBB those trips). Mousemommy we had the Jasmine one you described when DD was younger and it was cute- I agree the photo above certainly doesn't look the quality of that that one! I think the non-parks Disney Store ones are good quality, and in the pics the parks dresses certainly don't look like they live up to the Disney Store versions, much less the more expensive past parks versions. All the Disney parks dresses we have gotten in the past where great quality and beautiful and I'm definitely not seeing that in the photos.

I don't recall noticing they were of such low quality when DD did BBB last October. DD picked the non-standard limited Minnie Halloween dress that time, so maybe I wasn't paying that close of attention. I will say though that I did notice the Minnie dress material snagged a bit during the trip which I had not have a BBB dress do in the past. Didn't seem quite as good a quality as her regular red Minnie Disney Store dress when she was little. It was really cute though.

OP how were they close up and in touching them? Has the quality really deteriorated that much from past versions as it appears to have in the photos?

First, thanks to everyone for this thread. It's interesting, even though it does not impact me directly (not anymore, anyway).

I've a son, but I've also several nieces. One year, I made the oldest one -- she was about eight? -- a Cinderella dress from scratch. Well, I did use a pattern. But it was heavy ice-blue satin, petticoat, hoopskirt, bustle, the whole nine yards. It took FOREVER.

When she outgrew that and the younger niece had no interest, we -- I and my sister -- had to evaluate options. There was no way I was making another of those dresses, ho ho. In the end, what we realized was that eBay is your number one friend. You can find pre-owned costumes in EXCELLENT condition for sometimes very little. Then you can turn around and sell yours once your girl outgrows it!

Also, you are right about the quality. I've seen the recent costumes in the Disney store and they don't hold up to the ones I used to buy for my nieces. Which is too bad.

Can you use your own camera in the photo shoot or do you have to buy the photos that the camera guy takes?

Not sure about the photo shoot. When my daughter did it in 2011, they didn't even give us the option. Does every package do the photo shoot? You can definitely use your own camera for the rest of the experience.

Interesting. I'm not 100% sure! but I don't think they would have a problem with you taking a few pictures along side them. We had memory maker, so I didn't bother. The pics were kind of amusing, but I got much better pictures throughout the day in natural lighting with fewer artificial poses. Still, I would also ask and make sure it was ok, aand it may vary from photographer to photographer.

That being said, I would be respectful of not using up a ton of the photo pass photographers time if you are taking your own pics, plus being aware of other families waiting. I think our photoshoot, with 2 girls, doing separate as well as combined pictures took about a total of 8 minutes.

Not sure about the photo shoot. When my daughter did it in 2011, they didn't even give us the option. Does every package do the photo shoot? You can definitely use your own camera for the rest of the experience.

From what I could tell, anyone coming in to Castle Couture from BBB could just get in line for the picture session. We did the courtyard package (so no included photos), but they were happy to take them of my girls, and put them on my magic band for memory maker. Very slick actually. Not sure if you can take pics there if you don't do BBB, but if it wasn't crowded, and there weren't people waiIting, I'm guessing that they would let anyone take pics,

The setting isn't all that exciting. It's just a chaise lounge with a standard photo blue-ish backdrop. They may have had a couple per little props, but we didn't use them.

1) Can they do three kids at the same time/same seating? If book an 8am, would prefer to be done before 9am?

2) Will they do a "almost 3 year old" that has plenty of hair?

3) Can they be creative with a 4 year old that has very little hair?

From what I could tell, anyone coming in to Castle Couture from BBB could just get in line for the picture session. We did the courtyard package (so no included photos), but they were happy to take them of my girls, and put them on my magic band for memory maker. Very slick actually. Not sure if you can take pics there if you don't do BBB, but if it wasn't crowded, and there weren't people waiIting, I'm guessing that they would let anyone take pics, The setting isn't all that exciting. It's just a chaise lounge with a standard photo blue-ish backdrop. They may have had a couple per little props, but we didn't use them.
If you have the memory maker or photo pass, is the Castle Couture included, or do you have to pay extra?

1) Can they do three kids at the same time/same seating? If book an 8am, would prefer to be done before 9am? 2) Will they do a "almost 3 year old" that has plenty of hair? 3) Can they be creative with a 4 year old that has very little hair?
Someone said they won't fix up a kid under three because the make up is for kids three and up only. It seems like they would at least do something safe for the babies, but I'm guessing not. Sad, since some 2-year-olds understand what's going on and would feel very left-out.

Someone said they won't fix up a kid under three because the make up is for kids three and up only. It seems like they would at least do something safe for the babies, but I'm guessing not. Sad, since some 2-year-olds understand what's going on and would feel very left-out.

I was planning on just telling them she is 3. Are they really going to ask me or will they scan the magic band and know?

I have always loved this and I have to admit I am a little jealous this didn't come around 10 years earlier so I could do one! But am I the only one who doesn't like the hair for any of the options...? As cute as they look, whenever I see a little girl with their hair pulled back for the topped bun style I can't help think how painful it looks!

I was planning on just telling them she is 3. Are they really going to ask me or will they scan the magic band and know?

I'm 99% sure you would at least have to have purchased a child's ticket for her to be able to do BBB since they do have to be 3 to have an appointment. :)

I have always loved this and I have to admit I am a little jealous this didn't come around 10 years earlier so I could do one! But am I the only one who doesn't like the hair for any of the options...? As cute as they look, whenever I see a little girl with their hair pulled back for the topped bun style I can't help think how painful it looks!

I have to agree. Those little buns always are done so tight I imagine it would be a bit painful. My little one would certainly cry if they pulled her hair that tight. I usually just try to improvise the princess styles with her own hair to go with the costumes. :)

I have to agree. Those little buns always are done so tight I imagine it would be a bit painful. My little one would certainly cry if they pulled her hair that tight. I usually just try to improvise the princess styles with her own hair to go with the costumes. :)

You might be surprised! My 3 year old had the bun style done in December, and I was very surprised at how they did it! I was skeptical going in, because my daughter doesn't have a lot of hair, and she has a very sensitive scalp. However, she didn't complain a bit, and the bun looked like she had more hair than she actually did. The bun wasn't actually pulled very tight at all. It just looked like it was because they wet the hair a bit, comb it upwards, and then slather on boatloads of hairspray to keep it all in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter