(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying in sugarloaf next month - first time! Any tips? Has anyone stayed in this building recently? How close to the main pool?
I was just there in March. Go look on the cl thread for mid march to current. Lots of us were there recently.( I posted lots)

When you exit the lobby from sl the entrance for the courtyard pool is just steps away.

I enjoy using google or Bing maps to look at the resort to get my bearings.

Does anyone know if there is a master list that shows approximately how long it takes to get to each park from the resort? We are heading to GF this weekend and I am trying to figure out what time we need to get up each day to make it to rope drop at the various parks. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a master list that shows approximately how long it takes to get to each park from the resort? We are heading to GF this weekend and I am trying to figure out what time we need to get up each day to make it to rope drop at the various parks. Thanks!
I usually do mono at 8:30 for a 9a opening.

I do 8:10-15 ish for buses to all parks , akl, HS, Epcot if I want to be early . Something about 8:20a , if you miss the first one then wait then you too late.

Now that my kids grown we don't care so much so risk the 8:20 and many times ok but not always.

Also going to Epcot in am ask at desk. Some days only the mono open and other days you take a bus to TTC. That was in March.

Any info to share? Have a good trip ? I have a std and a rpc booked for later this year so I'm dreaming of gf.

We had a very nice trip. Met up with BlueSkies and had a very nice dinner...or two. :-) The flavored water was new since our last trip...had it at the YC also, wonder if all the resorts are doing it. When will you be at the Grand? Hoping to return in October if I can get a good AP rate.

No,
Ahhhhh my favorite time of day. Enjoy. Are you in my room???:D
No, we have DD13 with us and she didn't want to sleep on the sleeper sofa so we're in the deluxe queen room. I miss the king turret, but honestly I'm scared to book the deluxe king lately because I'm scared we'll get stuck on the second floor! I know some people like them, but I'd rather be in a standard room on the 3-4th floor than a deluxe on 2nd! GF is just so beautiful! I really like some other resorts but they are still not GF!!

No,

No, we have DD13 with us and she didn't want to sleep on the sleeper sofa so we're in the deluxe queen room. I miss the king turret, but honestly I'm scared to book the deluxe king lately because I'm scared we'll get stuck on the second floor! I know some people like them, but I'd rather be in a standard room on the 3-4th floor than a deluxe on 2nd! GF is just so beautiful! I really like some other resorts but they are still not GF!!

I don't blame your DD for not wanting to sleep on sleeper sofa...it does not look comfortable st all. I agree I would rather be in a standard room than a 2nd floor deluxe. It's always a gamble when you book a deluxe king.

We will have a rental car, driving from MCO. Any rexommendations on a good place to stop on the way to the resort to pick up bottled water and some soda for my husband?

We will have a rental car, driving from MCO. Any rexommendations on a good place to stop on the way to the resort to pick up bottled water and some soda for my husband?
Second Publix. I love the Indian River oj! A must when I'm in Florida. Publix is one of the few grocery stores that carry it. Nice wine selection too ;)

Me too! Not wanting to wish my life away but can't wait until August to swim in that pool!!
I also drink in that pool lol! I saw people sitting in the shallow ends with beverages so I thought why not?

I bring my cl beverages in there but dd loved that Ace pineapple cider and bought that at the bar. Tastes like pineapple champagne/ nice and light on a hot day.

We had a very nice trip. Met up with BlueSkies and had a very nice dinner...or two. :-) The flavored water was new since our last trip...had it at the YC also, wonder if all the resorts are doing it. When will you be at the Grand? Hoping to return in October if I can get a good AP rate.

Great fun!! :goodvibes..until I spotted that peeping tom ( who looked kinda familiar..;)..) looking onto my balcony!!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing: Hope that you get a good AP offer for October..

No recommendations from me...but..they do have cases of water for sale at Sandy Cove..and if memory serves me right..not very costly...

Dispro1 - That looks so refreshing!!!!!! I want to go for a swim :beach:

Me too!!!!

Super pics Dispro..:goodvibes..Thank you so much for taking the time to post during your trip!

Trish Great transportation info...thanks for the recommendations....:thumbsup2

Parker Clan Love your avatar! :lovestruc

:wave2: Sue M...So looking forward to December!! :santa:

Just a drive by....still have a review I'd like to share....lol....:upsidedow..

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a wonderful Wednesday! :earsgirl: GF gal who is patiently (maybe???)lol.. waiting for our 180 day dining window to open :magnify:..cause its always about the food!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter