(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also drink in that pool lol! I saw people sitting in the shallow ends with beverages so I thought why not?

I bring my cl beverages in there but dd loved that Ace pineapple cider and bought that at the bar. Tastes like pineapple champagne/ nice and light on a hot day.

That pool is a fave of ours too...and couldn't be any closer to SL for CL convenience! Ace pineapple cider sounds yummy..I might need to take a trip back just to try it...Disney logic!!! ;):drinking1

I also drink in that pool lol! I saw people sitting in the shallow ends with beverages so I thought why not?

I bring my cl beverages in there but dd loved that Ace pineapple cider and bought that at the bar. Tastes like pineapple champagne/ nice and light on a hot day.

I have never heard of Ace Pineapple Cider. It sounds so good. i just googled and found the website....and it is Gluten Free!!! i am so excited. Might have to try that out in August as a poolside refresher :yay: Thanks for the info :flower3:

I have never heard of Ace Pineapple Cider. It sounds so good. i just googled and found the website....and it is Gluten Free!!! i am so excited. Might have to try that out in August as a poolside refresher :yay: Thanks for the info :flower3:
They sell it in my upstate ny grocery stores !

The bartender was chatting with dd22 and told her about it so we tried it. For those that like Angry orchard this is much lighter.

Oh and you are welcome.

2 weeks until my WestCoastGrand trip!

Page 2 rescue with a few memories ...

GF Dawn 2.jpg
Dawn at the GF.
More Boatin Fun GF.jpg
A good day for some boatin' ...
Pool Safe.jpg
... But always remember to be safe around water ...
Beach Chair.jpg
You could just sit on the beach ...
GF Room Exterior.jpg
... or take a stroll ...
Dinner 2.jpg
... or have a bite ...
Evening GF Torch.jpg
... until it's time to say good night!

So I assume you are gluten free like me and my DD?? You may already know this, but the gluten free pizza at Gasparilla is amazing! And my DD has been enjoying the bacon cheeseburger on a gluten free bun too! And Narcoossee's has really good gluten free rolls (as do all the nice Disney restaurants evidently because BOG and Flying Fish have them too!!)!! I'm just excited about all the gluten free options because this is fairly new for me and DD13!

So I assume you are gluten free like me and my DD?? You may already know this, but the gluten free pizza at Gasparilla is amazing! And my DD has been enjoying the bacon cheeseburger on a gluten free bun too! And Narcoossee's has really good gluten free rolls (as do all the nice Disney restaurants evidently because BOG and Flying Fish have them too!!)!! I'm just excited about all the gluten free options because this is fairly new for me and DD13!

Yes!! I am new to GF myself being diagnosed non celiac gluten sensitivity last summer. DD16 is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and bananas so we are well versed in those but adding mine (and I also have an intolerance to egg yolks if not highly processed) makes things.....a little more interesting :rolleyes: So glad to hear Gaspies gf pizza is yummy and they have decent buns. Do you know if they have gf bread to make gf versions of the sandwiches at Gaspies? Also--did you eat at GF Cafe? Any other great entrees at TS/CS?

Does anyone know if GF still has the same toiletries or have they changed over to the newer H2O larger size products? I read on another thread where someone advised the sea salt shampoo could damage color treated hair. Does anyone have experience/thoughts on this?

Yes!! I am new to GF myself being diagnosed non celiac gluten sensitivity last summer. DD16 is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and bananas so we are well versed in those but adding mine (and I also have an intolerance to egg yolks if not highly processed) makes things.....a little more interesting :rolleyes: So glad to hear Gaspies gf pizza is yummy and they have decent buns. Do you know if they have gf bread to make gf versions of the sandwiches at Gaspies? Also--did you eat at GF Cafe? Any other great entrees at TS/CS?

Does anyone know if GF still has the same toiletries or have they changed over to the newer H2O larger size products? I read on another thread where someone advised the sea salt shampoo could damage color treated hair. Does anyone have experience/thoughts on this?
In march it was the larger size and I have tried that green shampoo several times and it does make my hair feel like I soaked it in chlorine. ( I do color my hair )I thought it was me. I have my Pantene packed for my next visit to GCH because I don't know what's in Cali.

I love the body wash!

In march it was the larger size and I have tried that green shampoo several times and it does make my hair feel like I soaked it in chlorine. ( I do color my hair )I thought it was me. I have my Pantene packed for my next visit to GCH because I don't know what's in Cali.

I love the body wash!

Did you feel like the shampoo stripped some of the color from your hair? I ask because every other visit to the salon for me is either adding color to cover my gray or adding highlights for dimension and gray camouflage . I have a hair appointment 5 days before our August trip and I would hate to have all that time and money wasted at the salon just to get to GF and use a shampoo that will undo...my hairdo:laughing:

Did you feel like the shampoo stripped some of the color from your hair? I ask because every other visit to the salon for me is either adding color to cover my gray or adding highlights for dimension and gray camouflage . I have a hair appointment 5 days before our August trip and I would hate to have all that time and money wasted at the salon just to get to GF and use a shampoo that will undo...my hairdo:laughing:
For me it's more the texture. If feels so brittle after use. I lose hair color every disney trip with pools and water so I'm not absolute that makes it worse but I'm guessing yes.

I used it last week at home and I couldn't believe how horrible my hair was that day.

I love the body wash!

For me it's more the texture. If feels so brittle after use. I lose hair color every disney trip with pools and water so I'm not absolute that makes it worse but I'm guessing yes.

I used it last week at home and I couldn't believe how horrible my hair was that day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hate that green sea marine shampoo. Makes my hair feel and look awful. I hadn't heard about it stripping the color though but since I don't use it I probably wouldn't pay any attention to a warning about it. I pack my Pantene as well. DH has no problem with the shampoo. I liked the blue one that they used to have in other resorts.

I love the body wash!

Whenever we stay at the GCH we get the same toiletries they put out at the GF.

I would bring my drink in my resort mug and float around the shallows on my pool noodle :drinking1

I love the body wash!
It is just you :duck:lol! I never noticed it making my hair feel that way. Now I'm going to be forced to go into my hoard and use it today to see. Personally I think it's the Florida water, yuck. My hair never looks good there. I think they have hard water or something. Can't drink it either.

It is just you :duck:lol! I never noticed it making my hair feel that way. Now I'm going to be forced to go into my hoard and use it today to see. Personally I think it's the Florida water, yuck. My hair never looks good there. I think they have hard water or something. Can't drink it either.
I think you are spot on about the water! I usually go for longer trips and check whatever bath stuff I need, but love the small toiletries to sprinkle a little Disney Magic from time-to-time when I am home. My mom really likes the Disney Sea Marine & Sea Salt collection since it reminds her of her favorite resort. I just bought her some for mothers day :)

20170510_073818.jpg 20170504_140943.jpg

For Grace&Carolinesmom :goodvibes..... Top pic is actually from the end of our trip...these apparently are the newest toiletries being distributed...and the tray is of the toiletries that were in our room on arrival day...I guess we were there during the "toiletry transition"..lol...all larger size as u can see...also..foot rub is back..solar gel and mouthwash too...
As for the shampoo ..hmmm..I always attributed the coarser feel of my hair after shampooing to the Florida water as well...but...who knows..food for thought..no comment in the hair coloring..or covering of the grey from me..:cutie::tilt::flower:

A quick hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:...hope that you all are having a super Sunday!

ETA follow...Absolute loved all of your pics..thanks for taking us thru a grand day! :cloud9:

Thank you for all of the responses on the toiletries. Florida water is quite icky :crazy2: and I know my hair is always.....different on vacation at WDW. My first shower back at home is always so welcoming!!! And yes, the chlorine in the pools doesn't help the hair situation for sure. I think I will bring a small bottle of shampoo just in case.

Happy Monday to all my GF friends :sunny:

they have the sea marine on DCL, too. I LOVE the smell- totally reminds me of being on a cruise. But my hair HATES it. DD and I bring stuff from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter