(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to follow there are more details right here on the thread...:thumbsup2

Two suggestions from me...1) take a look at the map on page one of this thread..it shows you where each outer building is located on the property..which by the way is relatively small and easy to navigate...only you know what your family preference would be..close to pool..marina view (which is considered GV at the GF)..close to dock etc ..2) my personal recommendation is Boca Chica..which has a lovely courtyard pool view.. and is close to the boat dock... HTH..

That's so surprising..but your're right...its all about the timing....I prefer the boats too..such a nice and relaxing way to travel...:boat:

Thanks so much follow! I hope that this continues through the summer...I know that we would enjoy it....:goodvibes

~Always reading good stuff around here...thought I'd share that Rivers of Light will officially be opening on April 22...:wizard:...Really looking forward to this ...and am hoping that a dining package like there is available for Fantasmic will be coming soon...I will be back to share any info that I gather about is.....Re working some of our plans to get to see the show..with or with out dining...hopefully FPP at least....we are usually morning AK peeps.... so this is def a touring plan changer....

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a wonderful weekend...:earsgirl: busy GF gal who got all of my FPP done :cheer2:...for now...lol...
I'm looking forward to seeing this too. Since we like afternoon breaks to float around beach pool, I can see heading to AK at night to see Rivers of light. So wouldn't have to change touring plans. I'm an early rope drop person too.
Hadn't thought of the possibility of them releasing FP for it, hmmmm

What are some of your priorities for a room? That might help people make suggestions - do you want a view, a quiet room, certain beds (2 queens versus king), etc?

We will have two queens since our kids will be with us. I would say view would be the most important thing to us. Not too worried about how close it is to any particular thing. I wouldn't want a really long walk to the lounge but the buildings don't look very big so I'm assuming that shouldnt be a problem.

We will have two queens since our kids will be with us. I would say view would be the most important thing to us. Not too worried about how close it is to any particular thing. I wouldn't want a really long walk to the lounge but the buildings don't look very big so I'm assuming that shouldnt be a problem.

Both the courtyard pool and marina views are lovely...decisons decisions...lol...you really can't go wrong :goodvibes...also all standard rooms at the GF..CL and non CL now have two queen beds and a day bed also...

Hi all! What bldg should i request for the best garden views?

We usually stay garden view -- we like Sago because the garden views there are of the Marina and Courtyard, and we've had nice rooms in Big Pine Key -- except for the one that was the back of the pool house building. The last "garden view" that we had made up for it -- Boca Chica room 8135 -- AKA Theme park view - had a perfect view of the Castle and the contemporary and all the boats -- evening cocktails and morning coffee were quite nice as a result!

Tom

Well we switched resorts again, back in the MK area just at Contemporary Bay Lake view...just means easier access to GF for more breakfast there. Right now though I wish I was in Florida instead of apartment hunting and dealing with southern rollercoaster type weather.

Good to know! I always thought they filled the good rooms first and then when people came in later in the day and complained about their room they could say, "there are no other rooms available" and then they'd have to switch less people.

Could this be the reason why three years ago I walked into the Art of Animation to find that someone had used the toilet? That was beyond gross to me. Here I thought the room hadn't been cleaned but perhaps it was just someones way of getting a better view. Yuck!

It won't be long until you are doing the single digit dance!!! :dogdance:

That is such a good feeling!

Tom
Tom, it will fly! We still have quite a bit to do before our trip. But, at least we'll be able to cross the initial fastpasses off the list, today! Midnight (EST) is 4pm, our time. So, it becomes a civilised - and fun - activity!

You might actually be there for the new Frozen ride -- I believe it is scheduled to open on May 1. Unfortunately, our favorite ride was closed while we were there back in February -- Soarin' is so much fun!

Tom

Good to know! I always thought they filled the good rooms first and then when people came in later in the day and complained about their room they could say, "there are no other rooms available" and then they'd have to switch less people.
It could work both ways, checking in later and getting a bad room because all the people (cough, me) that checked in early and didn't like their room, went down and asked for another room and changed. Lol.

Hey all, we've been back a couple of weeks now but just wanted to upload some GRAND pics for you all - we had our Disney Fairytale Wedding on 16 February at the Wedding Pavilion / reception inside the Whitehall Room and Patio at the Grand Floridian, and we also spent the week at the Grand. We were sprinkled with pixie dust upon check in to a Theme Park View instead of the Garden View that we booked! I was so tired from travelling all day from the UK / and just so elated at our view that I burst into tears when I stepped onto the balcony! This was our view from Boca Chica room 8403 on the morning of our wedding...

We watched Wishes (my fav!) from the balcony a couple of nights too…

And here's a couple more GRAND images for you to enjoy!

We loved it sooo much that we're hoping to come back for our 1 year anniversary next year - I am now a dedicated GF fan!

Hey all, we've been back a couple of weeks now but just wanted to upload some GRAND pics for you all - we had our Disney Fairytale Wedding on 16 February at the Wedding Pavilion / reception inside the Whitehall Room and Patio at the Grand Floridian, and we also spent the week at the Grand. We were sprinkled with pixie dust upon check in to a Theme Park View instead of the Garden View that we booked! I was so tired from travelling all day from the UK / and just so elated at our view that I burst into tears when I stepped onto the balcony! This was our view from Boca Chica room 8403 on the morning of our wedding...

We watched Wishes (my fav!) from the balcony a couple of nights too…

And here's a couple more GRAND images for you to enjoy!

We loved it sooo much that we're hoping to come back for our 1 year anniversary next year - I am now a dedicated GF fan!
Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your marriage, and thanks for sharing some of the magic! I can hardly wait to go back...it NEVER gets old:)

Absolutely lovely! How nice to have your wedding stay pixie dusted!!! Congrats :)

Sarah28..I'm so glad you enjoyed the Grand Floridian. And wow! Talk about a pixie dust upgrade! Congratulations on your wedding/marriage!

Hi everyone I am new to the board! I will be staying at the GF in September and then headed to Universal! I have a question about viewing the fireworks from Narcoossee's porch area. Can anyone access the porch to watch the fireworks even without eating at the restaurant? Thank you in advance!

We were in 4201. (Note that this time of year the tree is bare so it doesn't impact the view! I could see how it would be annoying to get this room when the tree is in full bloom!) Since this room is at the end of the hallway you'd think it would be among the quietest. However the employees utilize the "emergency" staircase all day and night and the door slams and latches very, very loudly. There must be a shift change or something around 3am because I awoke every night at this time to employees having a conversation out in the hallway. And then there are the guests who think that a hotel is their home and they can act anyway they want any time of day. At this price these things are simply unacceptable.
Sorry, I just saw this post. I will wholeheartedly agree about that door :(

Hope someone can help me. I have booked 2 rooms at GF in August. TA noted my request of connecting rooms. I was looking at touring plans and EVERY room I looked at said no connecting room. Is this incorrect, or are there so few connecting rooms available. Yes, adjoining would be ok too, but really would like the option of going from room to room without going in hall. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter