2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going the last week of January.

Do we know if the renovations will be complete by then?

I'd love to get a new room.

TIA!

I'm possibly thinking of doing breakfast with my husband DS4 DD2 and DS1 at captains grille one morning before heading to MK. I don't think we would know for sure what time/ if we go until that morning. Is it easy to do a early morning walk-in for breakfast there?? Thanks in advance!!

We ate at CG 3 mornings of our visit a few weeks ago over Labor Day weekend, all without a reservation. We usually dined around 9:30am and had no problem getting a table and never waited more than 5 minutes. DH loved the breakfast buffet! Enjoy :)

A cast member told us that he lounge should be done in 2 weeks. Not sure how accurate that info is but just wanted to share.

A cast member told us that he lounge should be done in 2 weeks. Not sure how accurate that info is but just wanted to share.

Good to know, thanks! So that means by early October they should be starting on the 5th floor rooms. I can't wait to stay there after all the refurb is done. I love staying in a newly refurbed room, and I can't wait to see the lounge!

Well...

We just got back from our first stay at the Beach Club, what originally was a three-night stay turned in to a six-night stay since we were having so much fun and we cancelled the *beach portion* of our Florida trip to stick around, enjoy SAB and the parks for a few extra days - and they matched the great nightly rate we already had as we had moved over to the BC from the WL due to the pool construction.

The location of the hotel and the pool simply cannot be beat - we used the pool several mornings and our kids absolutely loved the sandy bottom, shallow kids pool area. It really was great - our 4-year old could have played for hours. And being able to end our evenings at Epcot for dinner and fireworks, then have a short walk home to bed (avoiding jumping on buses) was equally fantastic.

The one downside, and this will be remedied with the upcoming renovation, the rooms are certainly "tired" and "dated" - they are in desperate need of a sprucing up. If I had the room we had (#3675) for the regular posted rack rates I would have been sincerely disappointed in the state of room as the furniture was well worn, the carpet had seen much better days and the bathroom caulking and tile were "past due" in terms of a refresh.

We certainly enjoy the stay and the location and SAB spoiled us, mostly likely we'll be back next year. I'll be very curious to see the rooms following the renovation work.

I am not a happy bunny!!!! :sad2:

Just opened my credit card bill and checked through to see what Disney charged us.

I was not happy to discover that on the day we checked in we were charged $61.52 for the meal that we had using counter service credits at the Beach Club Market Place.

We had an email from Front Desk just after we had purchased lunch saying that they had to re-check us in as they had deleted out details. Seems they managed to charge our lunch!!!!!

Well...

We just got back from our first stay at the Beach Club, what originally was a three-night stay turned in to a six-night stay since we were having so much fun and we cancelled the *beach portion* of our Florida trip to stick around, enjoy SAB and the parks for a few extra days - and they matched the great nightly rate we already had as we had moved over to the BC from the WL due to the pool construction.

The location of the hotel and the pool simply cannot be beat - we used the pool several mornings and our kids absolutely loved the sandy bottom, shallow kids pool area. It really was great - our 4-year old could have played for hours. And being able to end our evenings at Epcot for dinner and fireworks, then have a short walk home to bed (avoiding jumping on buses) was equally fantastic.

The one downside, and this will be remedied with the upcoming renovation, the rooms are certainly "tired" and "dated" - they are in desperate need of a sprucing up. If I had the room we had (#3675) for the regular posted rack rates I would have been sincerely disappointed in the state of room as the furniture was well worn, the carpet had seen much better days and the bathroom caulking and tile were "past due" in terms of a refresh.

We certainly enjoy the stay and the location and SAB spoiled us, mostly likely we'll be back next year. I'll be very curious to see the rooms following the renovation work.

I'm glad that you had such a great visit! I, too, think the bathrooms show the most need for refreshing. Can't wait until both hotels are done refurbing!

Just opened my credit card bill and checked through to see what Disney charged us.

I was not happy to discover that on the day we checked in we were charged $61.52 for the meal that we had using counter service credits at the Beach Club Market Place.

We had an email from Front Desk just after we had purchased lunch saying that they had to re-check us in as they had deleted out details. Seems they managed to charge our lunch!!!!!

Oh no! Were there at least extra QS meal credits during your trip or did they not only take your money but your credits, too?

One year they were updating the computers when we arrived and couldn't link our dinning to our room key card and gave us a separate card, which proceeded not to work once I actually tried to use it at the park. So, I paid OOP. When we came back to the hotel we went to the front desk, and she took away our dinning credits. Then told us we were all set. Uh..no, because now she had taken away the credits and I had paid OOP. I was like, what about the refund?? So, she then proceeded to fix that, but if I hadn't really been paying attention, I would've been out credits and money! lol

Oh no! Were there at least extra QS meal credits during your trip or did they not only take your money but your credits, too?

One year they were updating the computers when we arrived and couldn't link our dinning to our room key card and gave us a separate card, which proceeded not to work once I actually tried to use it at the park. So, I paid OOP. When we came back to the hotel we went to the front desk, and she took away our dinning credits. Then told us we were all set. Uh..no, because now she had taken away the credits and I had paid OOP. I was like, what about the refund?? So, she then proceeded to fix that, but if I hadn't really been paying attention, I would've been out credits and money! lol

I planned perfectly. We had 3 credits left that I just didn't understand...now I do.

I have emailed Disney with a copy of the email front desk sent me, so hopefully I get my money back.

Despite DH saying "no more Disney" I've just booked 2 rooms at the BC Water View CL for 3 nights arriving Oct 11th.:cool1: (and 1 nt in a Minion Suite at Portofino and 4 nts on Anna Maria Island) sorry :blush: very excited.

The lure of F&W and golf at Magnolia sparked his interest :idea:

He has a tee time of 0730 the day after we arrive and due to the time difference I'm sure we will all be awake even DD12 & DS14.

Does anyone know how early can we rent a surrey bike or take a boat out from the Marina.
Don't worry we're not expecting 7 or 8am and if if we did I promise no ringing of bells on the bike.

OK, so I'm a wee bit late for my promised mini-trip report of our BC stay August 22-27...I came home to a bit of a situation, which I have happily resolved, so I'm finally getting to my review with pictures!

Here is my review: It was awesome.

Like, everything was amazingly great. Really, just everything.

*snip*

Thank you so much for your detailed review and fantastic pictures. I'm so glad to hear you had yet another great stay.

Two requests, please. May I add a link to your review to trip report section of this thread on Page 2? Also, if you have a chance, can you add your room view pictures to the BC room view thread?

THANKS!!!

:goodvibes

Awww, love these guys (I'm sure Dee knows that I'd like these guys, and all that they produce.) Too bad you didn't bring them along as your "service" animals. They would have been a great addition to our August fun!

I know you love the sheep and you would flip out over the Angora goat's wool, but trust me, you wouldn't like "all" they produce!

The goats/sheep would have been a fun addition (I don't know if they can swim although ~NM has the picture of the goat on a float. I do, however, have plenty of goat stories I can share.

:lmao:

Our delayed and little review of our YC stay. We were there the last full week of August and overall, we had a really great time and much fun was had.

*snip*

Excited to be thinking ahead for 2015 and quite a few pages to catch up on.
:beach:

Thanks for your review! I would love to add the link to the trip report section if I may.

We are currently booked at the BC in a standard room for June 27-June 30, 2015 before moving over to the Poly. Our trip next summer is being dictated by DH's work schedule so there is a chance our dates could change slightly. We've stayed only one other time at the BCV. Can someone please recommend good standard room locations to request? We aren't picky people as far as views go, but we do like to be close to things and, if I remember correctly, some of those hall corridors can be a long walk. TIA!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

If you would like to be close to things, a request of "Close to lobby, please" would be a good one- this would place you near the lobby/Marketplace/bus transportation/Stormalong Bay pool.

:thumbsup2

Just returned home from AKL a week ago, and booked a BB for BC! We're so excited! If all goes according to plan (Dh gets the job he's hoping for) this'll be our dream trip!

Sept 11th to 25th, 2015 BC CL

Now it's time to read through this thread and learn all there is to learn! Squeeeeee I'm so excited!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

Well I posted when we got here on Wednesday & we are in the last couple of days here now, leaving Wednesday morning. The first & best piece of advice is if you get room 5669 request another room! It is next to the service elevator & it is loud! Plus, mouse keeping staff love to stand in front of our door & chat at 730 in the morning!

UGH!!! Sounds miserable! :(

I just booked us for 3 nights at the BC following our Disney Cruise next April... 4/25-4/28!! Can't wait!! Now, I am going to try not to worry too much about refurbs going on.

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:yay:

We cancelled our beach vacation in May and just rescheduled at Disney! We're staying May 1 - 9 BC CL. We're still planning on coming next Dec, too, so our dates can stay listed for Dec 2015 as well.

So excited! I couldn't stand the thought of being at the beach for a week when we could be at Disney :)

I'll add you to the list again!

So I need to make a change to our reservation for BC. We were going to stay CL but decided to save some money and used some of our DVC points and was able to get the same dates in a Deluxe Studio.
So same dates just a different room.
We are definitely looking forward to trying out BC, especially the pool :)

OK, I'll change your listing to BCV.

:)

I'm checking in on Saturday. I requested connecting rooms(with the door between them) since my family will be split into two rooms. Has anyone requested this and not gotten it? We have garden view.

What is the adult/child ratio of the people in the two rooms? If you have two adults only in two rooms, you will get priority for connecting rooms.

It sounds like you need to visit Newport, RI. We have the SVF Foundation that preserves heritage breeds. Every year they hold an open house for one day and us locals can get a gander at all the rare breeds and see how the place operates.

from the website:
"SVF was founded in 1999 by Mrs. Dorrance H. Hamilton and is a non-profit operating foundation. The Foundation is located in Newport, Rhode Island, on two historic properties totaling 45 acres. The main campus was formerly Arthur Curtiss James’ Surprise Valley Farm (or Swiss Village to the locals), with an adjacent 11-acre site, formerly part of Hammersmith Farm. The facility’s 15 buildings include exquisitely renovated animal buildings, a procedures laboratory, an infirmary, a cryo-room, offices and residences."

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind if I find myself heading to Newport. Sounds like a great operation!

BAAAAAA!!!!

:lmao:

Thanks for sharing that info!

Well...

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

I planned perfectly. We had 3 credits left that I just didn't understand...now I do.

I have emailed Disney with a copy of the email front desk sent me, so hopefully I get my money back.

That stinks! :headache:

I'm glad that you have backup and I urge you to keep following up until they make it right!

:thumbsup2

34 days, I can't believe it!! :bitelip: I'm almost to the point where my excitement is gone and my nerves are taking over.

Anyways, a question.

If we get a cocktail at the bar in either Yacht or Beach club, say a martini, can we bring it out and sit in the rocking chairs on the verandah or maybe on the beach to watch the movie? Or are you not allowed to bring drinks outside?
I'm not talking about in the actual pool area. :)

Thanks!

Just a reminder *cough* SHAMELESS PLUG *cough* to everyone that I have lots of pictures of the resort in my current trip report "What Happens at the Beach Club"

If you want to check it out, click on the link in my signature.

Sometime this week I will post some pictures of Stormalong Bay that you don't want to miss!

No worries... I've stalked your link a time or two... or three... ahem...:blush:

At the point where I fear excitement will jinx me. Wishing not to get sick, not to break a bone and for there not to be a hurricane. And I have to make this wish until 10/26 when I get on a plane and then wishing it won't crash is about all I can think of.

Really, I will return to normal once in the Orlando airport ;)

Does anyone know how early can we rent a surrey bike or take a boat out from the Marina.
Don't worry we're not expecting 7 or 8am and if if we did I promise no ringing of bells on the bike.

Sorry, I don't know about the boats, but I believe the surrey bike rental operates daily, 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., weather permitting. They are so much fun...love the way people scatter, when you ring the bell, especially when riding downhill. :)

34 days, I can't believe it!! :bitelip: I'm almost to the point where my excitement is gone and my nerves are taking over.

Anyways, a question.

If we get a cocktail at the bar in either Yacht or Beach club, say a martini, can we bring it out and sit in the rocking chairs on the verandah or maybe on the beach to watch the movie? Or are you not allowed to bring drinks outside?
I'm not talking about in the actual pool area. :)

Thanks!

You can ask them to put your drink in a plastic cup so that you can take it outside. :) They also have a bar at Hurricane Hanna's, which is already located outside. :)

The Yacht Club Marina is open from 11am to 5pm. :)

Sorry, I don't know about the boats, but I believe the surrey bike rental operates daily, 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., weather permitting. They are so much fun...love the way people scatter, when you ring the bell, especially when riding downhill. :)

:scared1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter