2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ended up buying into DVC on this trip. Did not plan to but it all came down on Wed. when we went to AK & stared talking to a CM about DVC & took the tour. The GFV are amazing!!!! My DH needed convincing & walking in to the model just blew him away!!!!

Congrats and Welcome Home!!

~N

Congrats!!!! I hope you will book at the Beach Club Villas every once in a while too!!! I look forward to seeing you in May ... I am always at Jeanne's for Mother's Day though. Next year I'll probably be heading out there on May 6th and come back on May 16th. When are you coming?

May 16th-23rd. Oh we will be back to BC. Love it there way too much to stay away for long!!

Apologies if this is already explained somewhere in this thread, but what is storage like in the BC rooms? Whenever we've stayed at POR, I've brought a hanging closet sweater organizer and hanging shoe rack to give us more storage, but didn't need them at the Poly with all of the closet and drawer space. Does anyone know if the BC rooms offer the same kind of storage options? I'd love to not have to take up valuable luggage space with the organizers if I can help it.

Here is a picture of the two pieces of furniture with drawers for your things. This one also contains the refrigerator:
IMG_2752-1.jpg

And there is a good size chest of drawers next to the closet, opposite the bathroom. The closet is a good size, too. It is larger than it looks in this picture. you can see the louvered closet door on the right and there are two of those, so the actual closet is a little wider than those two doors. I don't remember how it compares to the Poly, but I do know that the rooms at the Poly are larger.

IMG_0348-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the refrigerator.
Are the refrigerators at the BC large enough to hold a gallon of milk?
IMG_2746.jpg

I have spent a good portion of the day searching this thread and I can't find an answer, so....my question is: is there somewhere that tells how many CL lagoon view rooms there are? And of those rooms, which ones have daybed and full balconies? I found info on the GV CL rooms, but I just can't find LV CL detailed info. Thx!
:)

BC CL lagoon view: 26 rooms, 2 have king beds, 7 have daybeds. You can't book these rooms, however, if you have 5 on your reservation (unless one of the five is under 3 years old). I do not know exact number that have full balconies but I know one for sure does not have a full balcony. Most do however.

YC CL lagoon view: 28 rooms, 6 have king beds, 2 have daybeds. I believe all have full balconies.

Apologies if this is already explained somewhere in this thread, but what is storage like in the BC rooms? Whenever we've stayed at POR, I've brought a hanging closet sweater organizer and hanging shoe rack to give us more storage, but didn't need them at the Poly with all of the closet and drawer space. Does anyone know if the BC rooms offer the same kind of storage options? I'd love to not have to take up valuable luggage space with the organizers if I can help it.

Not all rooms have the same amount of storage. Some don't have dressers, some just have the drawers under the TV unit. And there is no way of knowing which rooms have what in them so requesting a room with a dresser plus tv unit with drawer space isn't possible since it does not show up on the room rack and thus the room assignor and/or front desk people can't tell from looking at the computer what is in what room. The only thing we can see whether the room has a large or standing balcony and the bed set up and the view of course.

BC CL lagoon view: 26 rooms, 2 have king beds, 7 have daybeds. You can't book these rooms, however, if you have 5 on your reservation (unless one of the five is under 3 years old). I do not know exact number that have full balconies but I know one for sure does not have a full balcony. Most do however.

YC CL lagoon view: 28 rooms, 6 have king beds, 2 have daybeds. I believe all have full balconies.

This is extremely helpful Teena, thank you. We are a family of 4, but have 2 "older" kids, so 2 queens really don't work well for us. That's not a great ratio of 26 rooms and only 7 having daybeds. If we don't get a daybed, is it common to receive a cot if requested? We stayed in a LV CL room a couple years ago -- it was near the lounge and had a lake view, daybed, full balcony -- it was truly a great room.

This is extremely helpful Teena, thank you. We are a family of 4, but have 2 "older" kids, so 2 queens really don't work well for us. That's not a great ratio of 26 rooms and only 7 having daybeds. If we don't get a daybed, is it common to receive a cot if requested? We stayed in a LV CL room a couple years ago -- it was near the lounge and had a lake view, daybed, full balcony -- it was truly a great room.

Yes, you can call housekeeping for a rollaway bed if you don't get a daybed. Do NOT call the front desk, call housekeeping. If they should tell you there is a fee, just go to the concierge desk on five and tell them you know there is no fee for the bed and would they please take care of it. I've heard people say they are told there is a fee and there is not a fee!!

Make sure your ONLY request on your reservation is "day bed please ... two older children who do not want to sleep together".

When you get checked in, ask immediately if your room has a daybed. If it does not, ask them if they will please move you to one. If they do not have one available on the day you check-in, ask if one is available the next day and (if you want to), set it up for a room change the next day.

Thank you! Those sound like a great pair of rooms!! Have you stayed in one of them? It would be amazing to get these, but I am sure that they will all be great! fingers crossed!!LOL I am so excited!!

Yes, I have stayed in those rooms a couple of times. One has a daybed. I love looking out towards the lighthouse. It's a spectacular view and you can see the high Illuminations fireworks at night. I haven't had a bad CL LV room though. I honestly don't think there is one.

I also love hearing the horns of the Friendship boats as you sit out on the balcony. There are many things for different people that make you take that deep breath and say "now I'm on vacation" and this has always been one of mine.

Not all rooms have the same amount of storage. Some don't have dressers, some just have the drawers under the TV unit. And there is no way of knowing which rooms have what in them so requesting a room with a dresser plus tv unit with drawer space isn't possible since it does not show up on the room rack and thus the room assignor and/or front desk people can't tell from looking at the computer what is in what room. The only thing we can see whether the room has a large or standing balcony and the bed set up and the view of course.

I'm not 100% certain this is correct! but I think it may be the connecting rooms that don't have the extra dresser.
I sure liked the extra dresser this August, being the (cough) over packer I am. 12 nights at BC, even though there was only me and adult daughter, it was great having the storage. She had the TV unit dresser, and I took the one by the closet :goodvibes

I'm not 100% certain this is correct! but I think it may be the connecting rooms that don't have the extra dresser. I sure liked the extra dresser this August, being the (cough) over packer I am. 12 nights at BC, even though there was only me and adult daughter, it was great having the storage. She had the TV unit dresser, and I took the one by the closet :goodvibes

Some of the connecting rooms do have the dresser but some do not and some that aren't connecting do not have it. It just depends on the size and configuration of the room which usually has to do with roofline and position in the hallway (turns, etc). It's that architecture thing again!! LOL

Some of the connecting rooms do have the dresser but some do not and some that aren't connecting do not have it. It just depends on the size and configuration of the room which usually has to do with roofline and position in the hallway (turns, etc). It's that architecture thing again!! LOL

:thumbsup2 thanks for the info!

What time are guests able to get into the International Gateway? I remember hearing about now being able to get breakfast in France. And then...if we are going to go to MK (park hoppers, of course), at what time are we able to walk past UK to the front of the park without getting stopped to get the monorail? Not until official Epcot park opening time? It would seem silly to walk from BC to France and back to BC to get a bus.

Yes, you can call housekeeping for a rollaway bed if you don't get a daybed. Do NOT call the front desk, call housekeeping. If they should tell you there is a fee, just go to the concierge desk on five and tell them you know there is no fee for the bed and would they please take care of it. I've heard people say they are told there is a fee and there is not a fee!!

Make sure your ONLY request on your reservation is "day bed please ... two older children who do not want to sleep together".

When you get checked in, ask immediately if your room has a daybed. If it does not, ask them if they will please move you to one. If they do not have one available on the day you check-in, ask if one is available the next day and (if you want to), set it up for a room change the next day.

Thank you for the great info. I'm going to call and book my room tomorrow morning -- I'm going during Easter so I need a AAA discount and cannot book that online (that I know of...).

Do NOT call front desk. Call housekeeping and if you do not get a quick response, ask a housekeeping manager to come up to your room to discuss.

Teena wish u had been here. After a stop at concierge (nothing got done), being switched around by telephone to housekeeping & engineering 3-4 times at 6pm when we returned we finally had A chair to sit in in the room. Mind u this started at 1pm. Then as we were going downstairs at 7pm to meet my sister we finally got someone to fix toilet. But cabinet door on fridge still broken.

But I must say u have some amazing CMs at check in. My sisters room reservation was seriously messed up. We were to have adjoining room , reserv were linked we are in the 3500 block & she was put in 3700 block in a standard when I paid for 2 garden views. After an hour & time spent with manager she's now around the corner from us in one bedroom suite & very happy. So happy they fixed it as her DH was ready to go home instead.

Does anyone know if the one bedroom villa at the BCV has daybeds? Just interesting to me to hear all of these different room types,but I think the one bdr villas are all the same?

What time are guests able to get into the International Gateway? I remember hearing about now being able to get breakfast in France. And then...if we are going to go to MK (park hoppers, of course), at what time are we able to walk past UK to the front of the park without getting stopped to get the monorail? Not until official Epcot park opening time? It would seem silly to walk from BC to France and back to BC to get a bus.

It would be quicker to walk back to the BC and get a bus than to walk all the way to the front of Epcot and then take TWO monorails to get to MK.

Does anyone know if the one bedroom villa at the BCV has daybeds? Just interesting to me to hear all of these different room types,but I think the one bdr villas are all the same?

One bedroom villas at the BCV have a king bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room.

Teena wish u had been here. After a stop at concierge (nothing got done), being switched around by telephone to housekeeping & engineering 3-4 times at 6pm when we returned we finally had A chair to sit in in the room. Mind u this started at 1pm. Then as we were going downstairs at 7pm to meet my sister we finally got someone to fix toilet. But cabinet door on fridge still broken.

But I must say u have some amazing CMs at check in. My sisters room reservation was seriously messed up. We were to have adjoining room , reserv were linked we are in the 3500 block & she was put in 3700 block in a standard when I paid for 2 garden views. After an hour & time spent with manager she's now around the corner from us in one bedroom suite & very happy. So happy they fixed it as her DH was ready to go home instead.

Sorry .. I normally work Mondays and would have been happy to take care of the problems. I'm having big time trouble with my heel spur and the ten hour days on the tile floor isn't helping so I'm talking off a few Mondays here and there to give my heel more time off. Plus my doctor got back my 6 month blood test results a few days ago and said she didn't like the kidney numbers ... she thinks it's because I take so many pain meds on the days I work because of the heel. Since I only take pain meds on the days I work, I figured taking off a Monday here and there gives me one less day of having to take pain meds. I HATE GETTING OLD AND HAVING ALL THESE AILMENTS!!!

I'm so sorry you had the room location problems AND then the other problems in your room. I really feel bad I wasn't there to help.

Sorry .. I normally work Mondays and would have been happy to take care of the problems. I'm having big time trouble with my heel spur and the ten hour days on the tile floor isn't helping so I'm talking off a few Mondays here and there to give my heel more time off. Plus my doctor got back my 6 month blood test results a few days ago and said she didn't like the kidney numbers ... she thinks it's because I take so many pain meds on the days I work because of the heel. Since I only take pain meds on the days I work, I figured taking off a Monday here and there gives me one less day of having to take pain meds. I HATE GETTING OLD AND HAVING ALL THESE AILMENTS!!!

I'm so sorry you had the room location problems AND then the other problems in your room. I really feel bad I wasn't there to help.

Oh Teena don't fret - I knew you weren't going to be here & can totally relate to taking the time off. You deserve it & standing for long periods of time are hard on anyone. (I'm up now with severe leg cramps). I wouldn't have imposed on you anyways - that just wouldn't have been right. In the end all is well. Everyone is happy & today once my daughter & her DBF get here my happy place will be complete since everyone will be here to celebrate.

You take care. Travel safe when you go see Princess Lily & know that all your online help is amazing!! Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter