2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

I am getting ready to book our annual Disney trip. We missed 2011 because I was pregnant.
It will be myself, my mom, Zach (11yo when we go) and Caleb (10 months when we go). Hubby will not be going
We are going Sepr/Oct and staying at the PO French Quarter.Love it here.

It will be Zachs 10th and Caleb's first trip. Zach was 16 months his first trip so I think I'm good going with a 10 month old.

I have a question:
I promised Zach a trip to Legoland. I figured I'll rent a car for that. My mom rents a red scooter off site. I have NEVER rented a car before, I was wondering if there are any rental places that offer cars that can carry the scooter. the scooter doesnt come apart.

another option
I can look for a scooter that comes apart and rent a minivan

I am getting ready to book our annual Disney trip. We missed 2011 because I was pregnant.
It will be myself, my mom, Zach (11yo when we go) and Caleb (10 months when we go). Hubby will not be going
We are going Sepr/Oct and staying at the PO French Quarter.Love it here.

It will be Zachs 10th and Caleb's first trip. Zach was 16 months his first trip so I think I'm good going with a 10 month old.

I have a question:
I promised Zach a trip to Legoland. I figured I'll rent a car for that. My mom rents a red scooter off site. I have NEVER rented a car before, I was wondering if there are any rental places that offer cars that can carry the scooter. the scooter doesnt come apart.

another option
I can look for a scooter that comes apart and rent a minivan
You might want to check out the transportaion board and the disabilities forum. There are lots of "sticky" threads at the top of those forums and if you don't find what you need there then post your question in one of those two forums. Not sure you'll get what you need in this thread since it is about free dining.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

I'm just posting a reply so I can follow this thread! would love to book a trip this year with the free dining! I did a couple of years ago and we loved it!

has the first of december free dining offer been for everyone or by PIN only? if I made room ressies would we be able to make free dining adjustment if they bring it out for that time frame we are there? (looking nov 30th december 7th)

has the first of december free dining offer been for everyone or by PIN only? if I made room ressies would we be able to make free dining adjustment if they bring it out for that time frame we are there? (looking nov 30th december 7th)
From what I have read, no you can't do that. You can only add a free dining discount to a reservation that is for a package, not just a room only reservation. If you have previously booked your vacation package with your room and park tickets and dining plan, then you can call Disney and ask them to add the free dining to that package, but not if it's just a room. When I looked at the Mousesavers site for other free dining dates, it looks like the coule of days after Thanksgiving should be inlcuded and a couple of days of December and then there is a block until about December 10 for free dining dates.

We are hoping to get free dining for the week before Thanksgiving.

i am looking at dates for disney--and hoping for free dining. The agent stated that we would not want to book that week as the discounts will not be there for that week.

(with Pop Warner and the taping of the Parade etc etc.

We went during that time in 09. It was so magical being there at that time of year. I don't remember if it was with a pin or not though. We were there on the day of parade taping and had no idea because we were in a different park. It's that easy to avoid. I don't about the impact of Pop Warner because as they were coming, we were leaving. My suggestion is that if it is offered, vacation the week before Pop and you should be fine.

To answer the first part of your question, yes, those dates have been included in general public free dining promotions historically.

MouseSavers has a page of discount history since 2009 and you can see the dates there: http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

I saw someone mention that there might not be free dining offered first week of December. I want to book Nov 26 thru Dec 3 but have been holding out with hopes of free dining. Opinions wanted as to if I should just go ahead and book and not get my hopes up for free dining for that period of time. I could still get a PIN I suppose, as that was the case for my last trip in summer 2010. Any advice is appreciated! Just wanted to get thoughts on the subject to help with my decision! Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, I do believe I have found my answer! I can't wait til June or July to book! I am booking next week and hoping for the FD offer or a PIN! Hoping for the best!

Ive been on Team FD for a while now....waiting, waiting, popcorn::hoping, hoping

The buzz I've been hearing over on the Codes board is somethings going to happen on March 1st. :surfweb: I'll be here waiting w/ the rest of you:rolleyes:

There has been FD in October, but not all of October, there are some blackouts. We were there last year from 10/22-10/29 and we had FD. If you follow the mousesavers link below, you can see the FD dates that have come out historically:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Thank you for the link. So it looks like if they do release FD for October it won't be posted until August. *sigh* more waiting. I'm starting to feel like I'm waiting for everything. I think I need to learn patience. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter