2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

Planning a trip for August of 2012 and keeping fingers crossed for free dining. I do have a quick question. We are planning to stay value so would only get the QSDP, does anyone know what the cost difference between the QSDP and the DDP is? We want to do character meals and therefore would need to upgrade.

Oh and another question do you only get the dining plan if you are there on the exact dates? We would like to be there from the 18th to the 26th, so lets say free dining is offered from the 20th on would we not get it at all or just for the first two days of our trip? :confused3 Hope that makes sense.

Planning a trip for August of 2012 and keeping fingers crossed for free dining. I do have a quick question. We are planning to stay value so would only get the QSDP, does anyone know what the cost difference between the QSDP and the DDP is? We want to do character meals and therefore would need to upgrade.

Oh and another question do you only get the dining plan if you are there on the exact dates? We would like to be there from the 18th to the 26th, so lets say free dining is offered from the 20th on would we not get it at all or just for the first two days of our trip? :confused3 Hope that makes sense.

We stayed at Pop in Feb and had free QSDP but upgraded to DDP and it cost us $10 a day each extra for that which was worth it. Now that was just this year so it may go up by 2012. When you book your trip as long as your arrival date is within the free dining promotion you will get it through out your stay.

We stayed at Pop in Feb and had free QSDP but upgraded to DDP and it cost us $10 a day each extra for that which was worth it. Now that was just this year so it may go up by 2012. When you book your trip as long as your arrival date is within the free dining promotion you will get it through out your stay.

Great thanks :thumbsup2

These are the current dining plan prices so you can see the upgrade difference:

Quick Service Dining Plan
Adults
$34.99
Children
$11.99
Basic Dining Plan

Adults
$45.99 (regular season)
$47.99 (peak season*)
Children
$11.99 (regular season)
$12.99 (peak season*)
Deluxe Dining Plan

Adults
$78.99
Children
$21.99
*Peak Seasons: 2/17/11 - 2/26/11, 3/11/11 - 4/30/11, 6/3/11 - 8/13/11,12/23/11 - 12/31/11

If a free dining promo started on August 20 and you checked in on August 18 you WOULD NOT get the free dining discount at all. You could do a split stay for two days, but that can get quite costly with adding tickets to two different stays and may not be worth the split. But, on the reverse, if you check in on the last day of a fd promo, you will get the fd discount for you entire stay up to 14 nights.

I too am watching and waiting patiently for 2012 FD. I have used FD for my last two trips and am using it for my upcoming May trip and love it!! I am planning my 2012 Honeymoon and would love FD! We may even upgrade to the DxDP in order to try some signature restaurants. Please oh please Disney have FD in Sept. 2012!!

Stalking this thread too! We had FD in late Sept. of '09 and now I don't think we could do disney w/o it! Hoping 2012 FD matches our fall break dates!!:banana:

These are the current dining plan prices so you can see the upgrade difference:

Quick Service Dining Plan
Adults
$34.99
Children
$11.99
Basic Dining Plan

Adults
$45.99 (regular season)
$47.99 (peak season*)
Children
$11.99 (regular season)
$12.99 (peak season*)
Deluxe Dining Plan

Adults
$78.99
Children
$21.99
*Peak Seasons: 2/17/11 - 2/26/11, 3/11/11 - 4/30/11, 6/3/11 - 8/13/11,12/23/11 - 12/31/11

If a free dining promo started on August 20 and you checked in on August 18 you WOULD NOT get the free dining discount at all. You could do a split stay for two days, but that can get quite costly with adding tickets to two different stays and may not be worth the split. But, on the reverse, if you check in on the last day of a fd promo, you will get the fd discount for you entire stay up to 14 nights.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2 Guess I will be keeping my fingers crossed that we not only get free dining but that it works for the dates we want.

free dining for the uk is already out for 2012 here so i would have thought us will get it the same as we do

We are doing a Land/Sea on Disney Dream next August. Free dining would be a nice surpise if it falls late August. :thumbsup2

We are doing a Land/Sea on Disney Dream next August. Free dining would be a nice surpise if it falls late August. :thumbsup2

I would say your chances are good if history repeats itself. Usually late August is when they do offer free dining. Good luck!

We are planning our trip for Jan 1-8 2012. I know they offered free dining for those dates in 2011. What are the chances they will for 2012?? When would we know this by??

Thanks

Your guess is as good as mine. We really don't know what type of offers will be coming out and when. Right now people are still holding their breath for free dining for the fall (besides what was offered previously).

I see Disney sometimes has "free dining" with a package, are there places the dates for this promotion is posted for 2012?

Does anyone know what the rules usually are for this?

Thanks!

To be honest they change it a bit from year to year, so there is no way to know until they announce it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter