2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the refurb will be done?

Also is the pool itself impacted? Our last two trips sections of it was closed.

Thanks!

The famous pool slide( the reason we stayed there) was down during our entire stay, a part was ordered from California but was not installed in the 4 days we were there. We were told by staff that this happens every few months, e same part needing replacement, and they then wait for the part to arrive from California each time.

Hi! I just got back yesterday too (from YC). It's funny that's what you were told about why the slide was closed, because I was told something different.

On Thursday, 9/20 I asked a CM by the pool why the slide was closed. He told me that there were a lot of complaints about the slide hurting guests backs. So they needed "sand down" the slide, so it needed to be dried, then sanded down, repainted, then dried again. He told me it was possible it would be open the next day (Friday) but more likely that Saturday or Sunday would be the first day it would open again.

It wasn't too big a deal to me, as I was on a "grown ups" trip...but if my kids were with me, we would have been very disappointed.

I was hoping the gym would be done before our trip, which starts Thursday :cool1: are they allowing you to use the gym at the Boardwalk while the BC gym is not open? (We would need weights so I don't think the solarium space would work for us)
Can't wait to go!

Yes, when I was at YC this past week they told us we could use the Boardwalk gym. I was asking specifically because we knew check out was 11 am, but our planes didn't leave 'till night time, so we wanted to spend the day in the parks. It was SO hot and humid and my brother was really concerned about being gross/sweaty/smelly on the plane ride, so he wanted to know if he could use the Boardwalk gym showers before getting on the Magical Express back to the airport. The CM we spoke to even called up the Boardwalk Gym and verified for us that we could use the showers there. HTH :)

Hi! I just got back yesterday too (from YC). It's funny that's what you were told about why the slide was closed, because I was told something different.

On Thursday, 9/20 I asked a CM by the pool why the slide was closed. He told me that there were a lot of complaints about the slide hurting guests backs. So they needed "sand down" the slide, so it needed to be dried, then sanded down, repainted, then dried again. He told me it was possible it would be open the next day (Friday) but more likely that Saturday or Sunday would be the first day it would open again.

It wasn't too big a deal to me, as I was on a "grown ups" trip...but if my kids were with me, we would have been very disappointed.

Welcome back to those returning and welcome to those joining the Be Our Guest list!!!

VaFamily, funny you should mention this, because our boys always note that the slide hurts their backs. They still say it's the best resort pool and slide on property so far (see list of resorts in my signature!) I'll let them know that's a reason reported for the closure and see if they can tell the difference (in just 12 days!)

Please add us to the list :).

YC LV CL - 7/15-7/18
Disney Cruise - 7/18-7/21
Poly GV CL - 7/21-7/24

What a great trip you've planned! Wonderful mix.

Just had to stop by and share that I just saw that we finally have a narrator for our Candlelight Processional reservation (via Rose and Crown)...Blair Underwood! I'm excited! :) I must admit to being jealous of those who will get Gary Sinise at Christmas ;) , but I'll take Blair Underwood! :)

Love, love the CP. We've done it with dinner at R&C several times. Gary Sinise is wonderful but I bet Blair Underwood is as well. Wish we were going to be in the World this year for the CP. Changed our reservation to make better use of APs.

Thank you my friend :goodvibes. How many years have we known each other now? A long time...from old concierge threads. :rotfl: we are here at the world now, staying at Shades of Green moving over to Beach Club CL tomorrow.
We had a little Pixie Dust sprinkled today, we were going to ride POTC, the CM noticed our anniversary buttons and made us Captains of the ship we sailed. :goodvibes. It really was fun seeing the ride from the front row, complete different prospective. Same thing happened a little later on Splash Mountain, they insisted that we had to ride the front row for our anniversary. It was So much fun.....and we were SO wet. We didn't care just laught and laughted.

Thank you for the information. I LOVE dark chocolate covered strawberries
love to have some delivered. ::yes:: We can't wait for tomorrow.

Ann

How fun! :cool1: You're right....so many years now. :hug: Enjoy your split stay.

clc053103, I think whoever told you that it was DVC's fault you didn't know was blowing smoke. We've gotten letters from the resort itself in the past when there were plans to close SAB. I don't think they usually send out letters for partial closures and of course not for unplanned ones. Aren't those BLT 2 BRs large? Of course, the points are much higher, too. I like BLT but my DH totally prefers BCV. Since we both love BCV, it makes it easy for us.

Re the gym closure, have any of you read the GF FAQ? Apparently the gym there will be relocated to a tent in the convention center parking lot short term. :rotfl:

VAfamily1998 said:

I think the slide surface was not the main problem, the main issue was the broken component to the water pump. Though they did say during test runs lifeguards commented on the rough slide surface. I was told this by the recreation manager, three different pool staffers, a bellman and the front desk that a part broke which operates the water pump. it was th bellman that let me in on the fact that this is a problem they know will occur without fail every few months, yet they don't keep a back up part on hand.

Yes, I totally agree that the cm that blamed dvc was blowing smoke....I called dvc and reported it, they went back and confirmed that the announcement to close HH was so last minute they didn't even know about it at dvc when we booked.

Looking at the bright side, at least the gym wasn't in a parking lot tent!:-)

Just had to stop by and share that I just saw that we finally have a narrator for our Candlelight Processional reservation (via Rose and Crown)...Blair Underwood! I'm excited! :) I must admit to being jealous of those who will get Gary Sinise at Christmas ;) , but I'll take Blair Underwood! :)

Soooo excited to be staying within walking distance of Epcot for this trip!! The kids will be at Sandcastle Club while we enjoy a night out. Can't wait!!!

Just 69 more days! :cool1:

DH and I saw Blair Underwood last year for the Candlelight Processional. He was amazing:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 You could feel the passion in his narration and he really brought the narration to life. You will love him

can you please change my dates/resort on the guest list as i've had a slight change :)

i'm now 2-9 December at BC CL - first time staying at BC, love the look of the decor :) have stayed at YC before but thought it would be fun to try the BC.

Does anyone know when the refurb will be done?

Also is the pool itself impacted? Our last two trips sections of it was closed.

Thanks!

Not sure we have heard firm dates, yet. IIRC, the gymnarium/solnasium will be around until mid Nov. and HH is scheduled to open sometime in December, but this is nothing official.

To the best of my knowledge, no disruption to the pool has been reported (other than the recent emergency slide repair, unrelated to the refurb work)

We have a couple of folks from this thread staying at the resort in early October and I expect we will get lots of pictures and reports about the situation there when they get back.

can you please change my dates/resort on the guest list as i've had a slight change :)

i'm now 2-9 December at BC CL - first time staying at BC, love the look of the decor :) have stayed at YC before but thought it would be fun to try the BC.

I'll make the adjustment.

:goodvibes

Hi, we're staying at BC 10/18 - 10/27 after four nights on board the Dream.

I have skimmed the thread but am still unsure about where we can refill our mugs while at the pool. Can anyone please clarify?

monica23535 said:

I have skimmed the thread but am still unsure about where we can refill our mugs while at the pool. Can anyone please clarify?

As of now with HH's closure, the only place near the pool for mug refills is Beaches and Cream takeout side. They don't have all the flavors, but it's better than nothing. They serve a very sticky sweet pink lemonade, not the light lemonade. The next closest location would be the Marketplace, but that's a far walk.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I thought in addition to the Beaches & Cream take out window, there was a refill station in the arcade, with the grab & go stuff.

Could someone who is there now check that out and report back?

Thanks!

14 Days till we go! Now that the kiddos know about the trip they are so excited.

Bummer that I am still traveling for work but this will be my last work trip till after our vacation.

Thursday we are going to get costumers for the MNSSHP.

Since last time we were there things were very different for our family, any suggestions or must haves when packing for park days?

It appears that the noodle family has already been adopted during my upcoming visit.:goodvibes Since the poolside gift shop has been turned into a pool side bar, are they still selling noodles? I desperately need a noodle cause I'm afraid of the deep water in the lazy river. :rotfl:

It appears that the noodle family has already been adopted during my upcoming visit.:goodvibes Since the poolside gift shop has been turned into a pool side bar, are they still selling noodles? I desperately need a noodle cause I'm afraid of the deep water in the lazy river. :rotfl:

Good question- hopefully someone can answer that for you. There are sometimes noodles for sale in the Marketplace, too.

Another mission for a current or soon to be traveler to report about.

PS- still waiting to hear if you can still get kids meals in the beach pails.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I thought in addition to the Beaches & Cream take out window, there was a refill station in the arcade, with the grab & go stuff.

Could someone who is there now check that out and report back?

Thanks!

I checked into this last week. There is no refill station in the arcade, I asked and despite even having a few mugs there for sale, there is no plans for one.

Can someone give me the low down on SAB? This will be a resort focused trip for 3 adults (Sept '13) and I'm a bit hesitant to book the Beach Club! I'm planning at least two days poolside and am a tad nervous!

Any recommendations on where to sit? I can see seating by the slide, shallow pool, and Hurricane Hannah's. Anywhere else that may be less "crowded" or more adult friendly? Would love to tuck [our northern chubby folk bodies] away from the hustle and bustle.

Some of the posts have mentioned "drink runners"... am I to assume this is for adult beverages (as well?) If so... how does that work?

Can I bring my own noodles? Because... you know... nothing goes better with poolside booze than foam noodles... safety third!

Bottom line... we'd really like to relax and enjoy ourselves... and I question if SAB can deliver?! It's my dream resort though... and I just can't stomach the GF price tag!

Can someone give me the low down on SAB? This will be a resort focused trip for 3 adults (Sept '13) and I'm a bit hesitant to book the Beach Club! I'm planning at least two days poolside and am a tad nervous!

Any recommendations on where to sit? I can see seating by the slide, shallow pool, and Hurricane Hannah's. Anywhere else that may be less "crowded" or more adult friendly? Would love to tuck [our northern chubby folk bodies] away from the hustle and bustle.

Some of the posts have mentioned "drink runners"... am I to assume this is for adult beverages (as well?) If so... how does that work?

Can I bring my own noodles? Because... you know... nothing goes better with poolside booze than foam noodles... safety third!

Bottom line... we'd really like to relax and enjoy ourselves... and I question if SAB can deliver?! It's my dream resort though... and I just can't stomach the GF price tag!

We've have gone over to the pool at the BCV when SAB got too crowded. We would almost have the pool to ourselves sometimes. Otherwise, if you want to stay poolside at SAB, the side of the pool closest to the YC is good if you want to be close to the lazy river and hot tub. The side of the pool closest to the BC is best if you want to be near the deeper water for swimming or for using the slide. Some of the poolside areas are in the shade, which I always like.

You can also sit in the beach chairs on the shores of the lake. That is always quiet.

hey everyone!!!

Did I read somewhere that the BC Marketplace menu has changed? I may have dreamed that................anything is possible for me lately!!!

Hope everyone has been doing OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter