2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for asking what is probably a stupid question, but I have heard so much about the Beach Club Marketplace, where you can get sandwiches, snacks and what not. Exactly where is that located? We are staying at the YC next summer so, is it a long walk from there?

Aaaaaand, we have a vomitting toddler. I'm now eyeing the other one like she's a ticking time bomb. :scared1:

Oh no! I hope it passes quickly!
On our August trip my youngest started vomiting in the car on the way to the airport. :scared1: We still had a magical trip although he and I missed our AK day to recover. And my middle child didn't start vomiting until it was time to head back to MCO to fly home.... :rolleyes: The good news is that my oldest child never became ill and neither did the adults. :confused3
Good luck!!!

Amanda

Forgive me for asking what is probably a stupid question, but I have heard so much about the Beach Club Marketplace, where you can get sandwiches, snacks and what not. Exactly where is that located? We are staying at the YC next summer so, is it a long walk from there?

It is on the first floor at the far end of the BC (from the YC). Probably a 5 minute leisurely walk from the main (lobby) door (facing the lake) of the YC. We usually walked outside and went into the BC at the door near Beaches and Cream.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the YC. We stayed there for the first time in August and it is now our favorite resort.

It (The Marketplace) is on the first floor at the far end of the BC (from the YC). Probably a 5 minute leisurely walk from the main (lobby) door (facing the lake) of the YC.

...and it's 3 minutes away if you RUN!

(2 minutes if you run REALLY FAST!)

;)
~MM

Aaaaaand, we have a vomitting toddler. I'm now eyeing the other one like she's a ticking time bomb. :scared1:

If it makes you feel any better that bug is running around here as well and it seems to only last about a day, maybe 2. My co-worker and her whole family had it:scared1:, she said the vomitting stopped in just over 24 hours.

I hope your little ones feel better ASAP!!

Laurie

If it makes you feel any better that bug is running around here as well and it seems to only last about a day, maybe 2. My co-worker and her whole family had it:scared1:, she said the vomitting stopped in just over 24 hours.

I hope your little ones feel better ASAP!!

Laurie

DH and I both are sick. I've been sick going on two weeks today, have been through two rounds of antibiotics and steroids and just this morning am a little better. DH is still coughing his head off. :mad: We land in Orlando Friday morning, so we're hoping either a miracle happens or the antibiotics kick in soon! Maybe the Florida sunshine will cure what ails us!

Only 1 and 1/2 months til I can try to get BCV for our August trip. Have to wait til the 7th month mark. Keeping my fingers crossed :wizard:

Teena,

We are checking in on Sunday. I sure hope my family gets to meet you. They have all heard so much about you.

Also, thanks for the directions to the Super Target. My DH always likes to leave WDW property for a bit each trip. He liked your directions much better than the ones he has used before.

Good Morning Y/B club fans!

Coming to you live from the golf course pro shop... Waiting for dd! I have been soo tired I missed 2 days of posting, so I am catching up while I wait!

I left off with our check in day at YC...that evening we had tickets to Cirque which we have seen a few times last being about 3 years ago... The show never disappoints it was amazing again! After cirque we had dinner ressies at Fultons... It was ok. This trip is filled with lots of firsts for us Fultons was one of them and honestly I can now say been there done that! and that ended day 3 of our trip.

Day 4 began with golf lesson number 2... DD is apparently pretty good at golf and is loving a golf lesson daily. After the lesson we were off to Koussinas for breakfast...this is probably as of now a favorite breakfast place, soooooo good! After breakfast DD and I stopped off at bell services to pick up the noodle family...they look great! Bell services just laughed when I told them I was picking up the Noodle family...so I tipped them and off we went back to the room. I took a pic of DD with them and will post when I have time to figure out my new Flicker account. So with the Noodle family resting in the room it was off to the gym DD had what she said was the best massage she's had. While she had that I finished my workout then booked a manicure. Afterwards I walked over to say hi to Teena... Teena is the nicest person! We had a great chat. DD met me by the dock so we could head off toour 50's Primetime ressie. This was so much fun...our servers name was Mikeyand he was really into his character! At one point he said to DD can I get you another vanilla coke, to which she said yes please...he came back with 3 of them looked at her and said here you go you little camel! He then came back with a park map where he had circled all the bathroom location throughout the park and marked the map the bed wetters guide!! He made the experience amazing! We had to come back to theresortbecause I forgot the Fantasmic voucher...so back on the boat to retrieve the voucher then back on the boat for Fantasmic! Fantasmic was another first for us...all I can says this show was very interesting andi Canada that to the been there done that list! We left DHS and headed to the bus stop for the Contemporary for our ressies at California Grill ones four favorites. After dinner had a nice walk over to the MK to catch thebus back to YC only to find the buses not running due to an emergency...someone had a heart attack... So we waited in the line while they took car of him. Finally we arrived home about midnight! And that would end a great but busy day 4!

Yesterday was day 5 which begin with DD dropping me off at the BLT walkway to the MK where I would take the Marceline to Magic Tour. I love the tours at Disneyi find them so interesting and this one was no different! While I was on the tour DD was having her daily golf lesson. We met up at Chef Mickey's which is one of her favorite breakfast spots. We had an 11:20 ressie so it wasn't crowded at all! After breakfast it was down to the marina for our parasailing ressie...just as much fun as the last time! When we were finished we headed back to our room to get ready for Epcot. We stopped off on the way to see Teena one last time then off to the Behind the Seeds Tour (DD loves the ride so for her we did the tour) she LOVED it! After walking around Epcot for a while we headed back to the resort. We went upstairs had a glass of wine a few apps then headed over to Wilderness Lodge for our dinner ressie at Artist Point another first...this was a good dinner we enjoyed it very much. We ended day 5 with a nice cup of tea!

So far the weather is amazing! The trip is amazing and we are having a great time! I will write about today tonight if not tooo out of it!! Details later...

~Nannette

Only 1 and 1/2 months til I can try to get BCV for our August trip. Have to wait til the 7th month mark. Keeping my fingers crossed :wizard:

Are you a DVC member?

I'm not a DVC member and I was told I would have to wait till the 7.5 month mark for BCV villas as well. However I was able to book BCV for a full week not as dvc member at the 10.5 month mark. All I did was try once a week online and eventually it went through and I booked online regardless of what the cast member on the phone told me that I would only be able to do it at the 7 month mark..best of luck to you

Nanette, I'm really enjoying your updates - thanks so much! Please give those noodles a hug for us - we miss them and I'm happy to hear they are doing well!

Hoping all who have trips coming up feel better soon!

And hi to Teena - we miss you! I'll keep in touch as April gets closer, just in case you have a schedule change. If you're around on Friday instead of Sunday/Monday after Easter, we're stopping by for a visit during our one-night "way to the airport" POFQ stay!

So if your at BCV and you send your DS to refil his cup how long should it take him?

Well if he's anything like the character "Billy" from the Family Circus cartoon it will take at least an hour while he explores the arcade, the solarium TV sets, an unattended housekeeping cart (aren't they fascinating!) and the Marketplace gift shop. He will then return only to realize that he forgot to fill the mugs because he was chowing down on a Mickey rice crispy treat that he bought at the marketplace.

I have a husband who does this ALL THE TIME!

~MM
Who is now at "A Homicide is imminent" code level 9 (out of 10) due to her struggles with CVS Caremark mail order pharmacy and her Mother who wants to cook a whole separate meal at my house for Thanksgiving because she doesn't "like" Turkey and my brother doesn't like butter on his food. She wants to know why she can't use the stove.... like I'm not using it to make a turkey, mashed taters, green bean casserole, stuffing, carrots, biscuits AND making GRAVY from SCRATCH!!!

I told her she can use the grill.
SO THERE!

...then headed over to Wilderness Lodge for our dinner ressie at Artist Point another first...this was a good dinner we enjoyed it very much. ~Nannette

Thanks for the live up-to-date reports. Really sounds like you and your DD are getting what you need, some time together.

Artist Point has become a must-do for us after our last trip. It is high the list of restaurants we've eaten at and will definately want to return to.

Hope all continues to go well.

~MM
Who is now at "A Homicide is imminent" code level 9 (out of 10) due to her struggles with CVS Caremark mail order pharmacy and her Mother who wants to cook a whole separate meal at my house for Thanksgiving because she doesn't "like" Turkey and my brother doesn't like butter on his food.

Well that's just crazy talk! :sad2: Butter is as important as turkey when it comes to Thanksgiving Dinner! I put butter on everything at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Well if he's anything like the character "Billy" from the Family Circus cartoon it will take at least an hour while he explores the arcade, the solarium TV sets, an unattended housekeeping cart (aren't they fascinating!) and the Marketplace gift shop. He will then return only to realize that he forgot to fill the mugs because he was chowing down on a Mickey rice crispy treat that he bought at the marketplace.

I have a husband who does this ALL THE TIME!

~MM
Who is now at "A Homicide is imminent" code level 9 (out of 10) due to her struggles with CVS Caremark mail order pharmacy and her Mother who wants to cook a whole separate meal at my house for Thanksgiving because she doesn't "like" Turkey and my brother doesn't like butter on his food. She wants to know why she can't use the stove.... like I'm not using it to make a turkey, mashed taters, green bean casserole, stuffing, carrots, biscuits AND making GRAVY from SCRATCH!!!

I told her she can use the grill.
SO THERE!

NO BUTTER!!! I hear Paul Deen fainting! I would not beable to make my homemade yeast rolls without it! When my mom came in October I made turkey and all the fixins. So for just the three of us will be yeast rolls, ham (cause DS not a fan of turkey), sweet potatos, green bean cassorle, green slime, cheese ball, and pumpkin pie (did pumpkin roll in Oct.) Cranberry out of a can! So I figure get up 30 minutes before parade, get the orange rolls in the oven(family tradition), punch down dough and make rolls for 2nd rise, throw ham in roaster, and everything else can wait till after parade. Already made cheese ball tonight(cream chesse/dry beef one) and Bourbon balls! Might make more to take on trip.

Here is one for you my hubby's boss just had surgery and just begged us to go black shopping for her at Walmart. She is great so we agreed! So glad I have a strong 400lb DH for protection!

Then foster care stuff this weekened.

Starting Monday full throtle for the trip! Packing, cleaning, and any last minute supply shopping!

NO BUTTER!!! I hear Paul Deen fainting! I would not beable to make my homemade yeast rolls without it! When my mom came in October I made turkey and all the fixins. So for just the three of us will be yeast rolls, ham (cause DS not a fan of turkey), sweet potatos, green bean cassorle, green slime, cheese ball, and pumpkin pie (did pumpkin roll in Oct.) Cranberry out of a can! So I figure get up 30 minutes before parade, get the orange rolls in the oven(family tradition), punch down dough and make rolls for 2nd rise, throw ham in roaster, and everything else can wait till after parade. Already made cheese ball tonight(cream chesse/dry beef one) and Bourbon balls! Might make more to take on trip.

Here is one for you my hubby's boss just had surgery and just begged us to go black shopping for her at Walmart. She is great so we agreed! So glad I have a strong 400lb DH for protection!

Then foster care stuff this weekened.

Starting Monday full throtle for the trip! Packing, cleaning, and any last minute supply shopping!

Sounds delicious! I do Bourbon balls!!! Are you talking the ones made with bourbon, vanilla wafers crushed and pecans and Karo syrup, with enough powdered sugar to get all over the house?? YEP! I make them! If they sold those at the BC/YC Marketplace nobody would ever come home!

I used to make Bourbon balls and put them on the cookie tray I used to give to the teachers as a teacher Christmas gift. They LOVED them!! LOL They always used to say that it was the only time they could ever have liquor in school!

I really should sic Paula Deen on my Mom and brother. Thanks for the idea!

~MM

I have not posted on here in a while, but we leave for Orlando three weeks from tomorrow! We can't wait to be back in the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter