2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer glitch. I just did a fake booking with both no problem.

ETA: I'm no expert. Just FYI. lol

Cool! Thank you for taking the time to investigate!!!
I'm not ready to book it yet because I just made final payment on our Marathon Weekend trip (we're staying CL at GF so the kids can watch my DH run the half and me run the full without worrying about transportation) but I'm pretty sure we'll stay CL at BC (possibly deluxe room?) after the cruise....

Amanda

Nannette! Naaaaannette!! Here girl! Come, come!
We NEED another update from your trip. popcorn::

How was Teena? Was she confused and welcoming people to POP again? Did you open the door to your YC room and find Johnny Depp swinging from the chandelier in his Pirate outfit pirate: ? (we won't tell Mr. Nannette!)

...and what did you have to eat today? I'm thinking it was something REALLY GOOD! How are the noodles? Please be sure to let them skype Pastina on your lap top if you brought one.

What parks did you go to and how was the weather? How was the water in Storm Along Bay? ..... And finally what fireworks show did you see tonight?

You can leave that stuff about the gym out. We all feel guilty enough as it is being such big loads at home. We can't imaging that someone would work out after a day at Disney!! One can only wonder what's in those coffee pods you must be drinking to have the energy for THAT!

Ok it's time to hit the keyboard! You can sleep when you're dead!!

Thanks in advance! ;) :hug:

~Marlton Mom

You are way toooo funny!! Today was a LONG day. I will post more tomorrow... Not a lot going on parasailing, a tour and the gym! I did go to the gym today as we'll! Teena looks great and was a BIG help to me today ... THANK YOU Teena...I'll see you tomorrow! The noodles are fine I checked them out of bell services today... Tipped the cast member who brought them out, and they are definatly onto us they laughed actually when I asked for the Noodle family! The coffee maker in this room of the YC (not club level room) is a Cuisinart 2cup maker (put 2 cups at the same time) uses a single cup coffee pod or a tea bag. Ok tired need sleep the tour is at 8:15 more about today tomorrow.

Night nite
~Nannette

:)We arrive in 3 days:banana:, can't believe it's almost here!!! Haven't posted in awhile, but I've been lurking;)
I have a few last minute questions: We have decided to rent a car for our entire trip, something we've never done before. I know we will be walking to Epcot and HS, but what about MK & AK, should we take the car or use the Disney bus? I also know DTD we will drive since I hear the bus service there is terrible.
We also want to stop somewhere and grab a few things for the room (Diet Pepsi, water) is there somewhere not far that we can hit on the way from the airport?
One last question: I like to take early morning walks (very early 5ish), I plan to walk around the lake, maybe over to the Swan/Dolphin to kill some time, take some pictures. Is there anywhere to sit and relax outside near the BC (I remember benches by BWI, but what about on the BC side)?

Thanks in advacne, everyone here has been so helpful!!! I just can't wait to get there!!! Also, I'm looking forward to meeting Teena while we are there.
Thanks again,
Laurie

:)We arrive in 3 days:banana:, can't believe it's almost here!!! Haven't posted in awhile, but I've been lurking;)
I have a few last minute questions: We have decided to rent a car for our entire trip, something we've never done before. I know we will be walking to Epcot and HS, but what about MK & AK, should we take the car or use the Disney bus? I also know DTD we will drive since I hear the bus service there is terrible.
We also want to stop somewhere and grab a few things for the room (Diet Pepsi, water) is there somewhere not far that we can hit on the way from the airport?
One last question: I like to take early morning walks (very early 5ish), I plan to walk around the lake, maybe over to the Swan/Dolphin to kill some time, take some pictures. Is there anywhere to sit and relax outside near the BC (I remember benches by BWI, but what about on the BC side)?

Thanks in advacne, everyone here has been so helpful!!! I just can't wait to get there!!! Also, I'm looking forward to meeting Teena while we are there.
Thanks again,
Laurie

Hopefully others will be able to answer some of your questions.

Driving to/from DTD sounds like a good idea.

For MK, if you drive, you will have to park at the TTC and then take the monorail or the ferry to the main gates. If you take the bus, you are let out near the entrance gates.

There are loungers facing the beach on the YC/BC side. Are they out all night or are they put out sometime during the morning? Anyone know? You could sit on the white sand and look over to the lights of the Boardwalk.

There may be a swing on a porch area at the Yacht Club. I think I read about this on someone's trip report. Anyone have any info on this?

Don't know about the best place to stop for goodies- we never have a car on site.

Have a great trip!

There are white rockers on the porch of the BC facing the lake as well as benches down by the walkway that circles Crescent Lake.

My favorite store is a Publix at 192 and S International Drive. There is also a Super Target just off 417 on either John Young Parkway or Orange Blossom Trail but be careful of tolls. One of those exits has an exact change booth as you head to the airport....can't remember if that is true on the way to WDW? There are lots of other stores but none are truly close to Y&BC. There is a Hess gas station just across from the BW that has decent prices on beverages but some people have posted that they don't carry Pepsi products??:confused3 No personal knowledge there.

Thanks again,
Laurie

Personally, the only place I would drive is the water parks or Downtown Disney. In fact, when we are going to Magic Kingdom, we drive to the BC and park there and take the bus. The bus drops you off right at the Magic Kingdom. To drive, you need to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center. Then walk to where you pick up the parking lot tram. Wait for that to load. It takes you to the monorail. You walk up the ramp and wait for the monorail. I have never in my life gotten on the express monorail and it has expressly gone to the Magic Kingdom without "stopping for traffic". Then coming home you need to go to the monorail station, wait for it, then once you get on it, if I'm anywhere nearby, it will "stop for traffic". Then you get off at the TTC and walk over and wait for the tram. Then the tram takes you to the parking lot where you (if you have my luck) walk to the end of the line where your car is (seems like 1/2 mile which after walking all day at the park is a killer). The bus is right in front of Magic Kingdom, you get on in the cool air conditioning (after maybe a wait but you are standing there and not walking - yippee) and then you sit while it takes you to the Y&B. Once in a while, depending on the time of day, it could stop at the Swan and Dolphin or even Boardwalk, but you are still just sitting there (or in my case taking a 15 minute well deserved nap).

Animal Kingdom I also take the bus ... it's better than dealing with the parking lot tram IMO.

However, I ALWAYS drive to Downtown Disney and the water parks but right now the only water park that is open is TL and that's the same bus at Downtown Disney.

There are benches all over the place around the lake to sit and relax.

See you soon.

Thank you both so much:worship:!! Sitting in the rocker sipping some tea sounds like a perfect plan;) Publix sounds great, thanks again!
Laurie

:

We usually hit this Super Target. Plenty of food/snack/souveniers. If you pull up Google and paste this info it you will get an idea of location. Enjoy.
Target Pharmacy
4795 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL
(407) 594-0030 (Fax) ‎ · sites.target.com

Personally, the only place I would drive is the water parks or Downtown Disney. In fact, when we are going to Magic Kingdom, we drive to the BC and park there and take the bus. The bus drops you off right at the Magic Kingdom. To drive, you need to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center. Then walk to where you pick up the parking lot tram. Wait for that to load. It takes you to the monorail. You walk up the ramp and wait for the monorail. I have never in my life gotten on the express monorail and it has expressly gone to the Magic Kingdom without "stopping for traffic". Then coming home you need to go to the monorail station, wait for it, then once you get on it, if I'm anywhere nearby, it will "stop for traffic". Then you get off at the TTC and walk over and wait for the tram. Then the tram takes you to the parking lot where you (if you have my luck) walk to the end of the line where your car is (seems like 1/2 mile which after walking all day at the park is a killer). The bus is right in front of Magic Kingdom, you get on in the cool air conditioning (after maybe a wait but you are standing there and not walking - yippee) and then you sit while it takes you to the Y&B. Once in a while, depending on the time of day, it could stop at the Swan and Dolphin or even Boardwalk, but you are still just sitting there (or in my case taking a 15 minute well deserved nap).

Animal Kingdom I also take the bus ... it's better than dealing with the parking lot tram IMO.

However, I ALWAYS drive to Downtown Disney and the water parks but right now the only water park that is open is TL and that's the same bus at Downtown Disney.

There are benches all over the place around the lake to sit and relax.

See you soon.

I'm tired just reading all of that, I guess we will take the bus! Thanks Teena!

We usually hit this Super Target. Plenty of food/snack/souveniers. If you pull up Google and paste this info it you will get an idea of location. Enjoy.
Target Pharmacy

This is very helpful, thank you!!!
Laurie

Target Pharmacy

The Super Target I go to is as follows from the BC: You head towards Animal Kingdom Lodge (not park) and turn left at the light before you get to the Lodge (Sherberth Road). When you get to 192, turn right (west) and it's up the road a bit on the left. Lots of nice restaurants around there and much less crowded that the other side of WDW.

There is also a Super Target just off 417 on either John Young Parkway or Orange Blossom Trail but be careful of tolls. One of those exits has an exact change booth as you head to the airport....can't remember if that is true on the way to WDW?

I remember a toll like that!!:confused3 Couldn't remember where it happened until you mentioned it. We were on our way to the airport early in the morning after our first stay with the older boys. We stayed off-site that trip (last trip off-site for us too!). Anyway, we had no exact change. There is not one there either to help out. We had no idea of tolls like that. In MD where we lived then they didn't have those. Anyway we no choice but to just drive through after throwing in whatever coin it was that we did have.:rolleyes1 We were stressed out to say the least!

The Super Target I go to is as follows from the BC: You head towards Animal Kingdom Lodge (not park) and turn left at the light before you get to the Lodge (Sherberth Road). When you get to 192, turn right (west) and it's up the road a bit on the left. Lots of nice restaurants around there and much less crowded that the other side of WDW.

No tolls here.

Aaaaaand, we have a vomitting toddler. I'm now eyeing the other one like she's a ticking time bomb. :scared1:

Here is a picture of me, my wife, and daughter meeting with Teena a month ago when we went to WDW for the 40th Anniversary. The last time we visited with Teena, our daughter was growing in my wife's belly. :)

Epcot-48-Beach-Club-Teena.jpg

Regarding the monorail....

if I'm anywhere nearby, it will "stop for traffic".

I know they have those devices that you put in an ambulance and all the traffic lights will turn red. Have you checked your pockets lately?

~MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter