2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Y&BC thread is back! :thumbsup2 When I got no updates I figured the other thread must have been locked on us.:mad:

Thanks Dee!:goodvibes

Not sure if it's too early to post on here or not but we're thinking about staying either BC or YC CL Std View for food & wine festival/1st anniversary this October but I can't for the life of me choose between the two...is there really much difference? I get the nautical vs beach theme...but in terms of service, amenities etc which would you pick and why?

TIA!

I was meaning to post on the old thread but didn't. We are going to be at the BCV from 6/18 - 6/25 in a 2bd. I had read that Teena liked tastykakes so I wanted to bring some with me but wanted to know what kind. Sorry but it'll probably be too early for good jersey tomatoes and corn or I would bring that too somehow.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness! Sent you a PM. Dee

Not sure if it's too early to post on here or not but we're thinking about staying either BC or YC CL Std View for food & wine festival/1st anniversary this October but I can't for the life of me choose between the two...is there really much difference? I get the nautical vs beach theme...but in terms of service, amenities etc which would you pick and why?

TIA!

Not too early to post!

You are correct, both resorts have the same management team, ameneties, service etc.

The two main differences:

Almost all of the rooms at the Yacht Club have full balconies, but only about 50 % of the balconies at the Beach Club are big enough for a table and chairs. The other half are smaller balconies that can only fit one person standing out there at a time.

The Beach Club is closer to the Marketplace gift shop, where you can get food and drinks- so that may be a consideration to you as well.

Other differences are minor (distance to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios).

I personally prefer the decor at the Beach Club, and I have been fortunate to get the full balcony I requested during both my stays, but if I didn't have a room with the full size balcony I would request a switch to the Yacht Club.

TIA!

I agree that some of the primary factors are theme preference and the YC full balcony guarantee. Proximity to the BC Marketplace may be another factor for some.

We prefer the BC theme and while we really like a full balcony, it's not an absolute necessity for us. When we couldn't get a BC room with the summer discount for the pre-cruise part of our August trip, and we wanted to stay in the Epcot area, everyone in our family voted for BWI. Again, primarily a theme preference.

On the other hand, I've recommended YC for a few parties of "just adults" because it does seem a little more quiet on the YC side. And again, if a full balcony is really important, you'll definitely have that at YC.

Good luck with your decision! :wizard:

Great new thread, Dee. Thanks for all you do for us. :grouphug:

I've been off the DIS for a bit (life happens!) so have missed lots. Can someone tell me roughly where to find the closet plans on the old FAQ? :rotfl:

Robyn and Amanda, hope your mothers are doing better. Teena and doccoc, you are both in my thoughts.

Sadly, we won't be able to make our May trip. :sad1: Could someone remove my name from that list. Will be there in November instead.:cool1:

MickeyT, our Feb/march trip was a BCV/AKV club split. How exciting for you to have a club villa. So special up there. Enjoy!!!!!! :cloud9:

As everyone else has said thanks so much Dee for doing all the updating on the new thread.

Also does anyone have a photo or a link to a picture of a BC/YC room with a rollaway bed in? Only ever had daybed before as we are a family of 5 but now that we are going to stay CL garden view it looks likely we will get a rollaway.

I've been off the DIS for a bit (life happens!) so have missed lots. Can someone tell me roughly where to find the closet plans on the old FAQ? :rotfl:

Robyn and Amanda, hope your mothers are doing better. Teena and doccoc, you are both in my thoughts.

Sadly, we won't be able to make our May trip. :sad1: Could someone remove my name from that list. Will be there in November instead.:cool1:

MickeyT, our Feb/march trip was a BCV/AKV club split. How exciting for you to have a club villa. So special up there. Enjoy!!!!!! :cloud9:

Hi BCV23, I'm keeping up on the November list. Will you be at the Y/B Club or the Villa's or another resort for this stay?? Let me know the dates for our November List!! :banana:

~Nannette

Thank you for your thoughtfulness! My mom is doing great. Cardiac cath went well and she's currently in France for the baptism of my youngest nephew!
I'm sorry that your trip is being delayed.

Amanda

:cheer2:YACHT AND BEACH CLUB NOVEMBER 2011 LIST:cheer2:

jazzgirl Oct-27-Nov 4 BC CL
LMO429 Oct 27-Nov 4 BC
travelgoddess Oct 28 - Nov 5 YC CL (20th Anniversary)
Mississippianna Oct 29 - Nov 5 BC
ClareH37 Nov 8 - 14 BC CL
cocoabean1 Nov 11 - Nov 18 YC CL
micknme Nov.13 - 19 BC CL LV (split stay)
weswife Nov 13 - Nov 20 BC CL
Mommato2boyz Nov 17-19 YC CL (following Dream cruise)
Avonlady1001 Nov. 17 - Nov. 20 BCV
Nannette Nov 17 - Nov 27 YC (platinum plan)
Barnhill9586 Nov 18 - Nov 26 BC
smithgrandchild Nov 19 - Nov 25 BCV
Texasfan Nov 19 - Nov 26 BC
LaurieN Nov 24 - Dec 3 BC
gumby013 Nov 25 - Dec 1 BC
WendyWuWu Nov 25-Dec 3
kraeurb Nov 27 - Dec 4 BC
Luvmarypoppins Nov 28 - Dec 4 BC

~Nannette

Hi Dee,

I'll keep the updated November List on page 3 going forward. Let me know if this works for you.

~Nannette

I was meaning to post on the old thread but didn't. We are going to be at the BCV from 6/18 - 6/25 in a 2bd. I had read that Teena liked tastykakes so I wanted to bring some with me but wanted to know what kind. Sorry but it'll probably be too early for good jersey tomatoes and corn or I would bring that too somehow.

That's so sweet. I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. The week with Jeanne was wonderful but I'm starting radiation this week and haven't had much time for the boards or anything else.

I love chocolate tandycakes and chocolate juniors!!!!!

You sure you don't want to postpone your trip to later (tomatoes/corn)????:cool1:

That's so sweet. I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. The week with Jeanne was wonderful but I'm starting radiation this week and haven't had much time for the boards or anything else.

I love chocolate tandycakes and chocolate juniors!!!!!

You sure you don't want to postpone your trip to later (tomatoes/corn)????:cool1:

Thinking of you this week, get plenty of rest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter