2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Teena,
Do you know if you are working next Sat. August 6th
We should be there around 10 or 11 am
Hope to see you!:thumbsup2

Wow! What a great pic of the lightening. Thanks for sharing.

I would go to the Campfire! I'm planning on doing bingo & other pool stuff! And movies on the beach :goodvibes

tons of photos to download, but wanted to share one of my faves.... This was taken monday night from our balcony during a lightning storm after about 40 min. Of patience and snapping pics until i caught this! Taken with my nikon d90 dslr using just the kit lens (18-105mm)

july2011disney522.jpg

great picture!!!! More more more!!! Please!!

Well, made another payment, and I've been thinking (always dangerous) IF they release discounts for fall/winter in 2 wks, as rumored, and if those discounts applied to YC, I might upgrade my rack rate GF to water view, even a 20% room discount on a water view would be cheaper than rack rate gv. Are there any bad water view rooms? I would be disappointed w/ a view of the quiet pool, for example, what are the chances of ending up w/ that view? Any other non great water view rooms/areas?

Hopefully the discounts for AP come out soon for Nov- I think it was the first week of Aug last year- anyone heard any rumors????

Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!!!

First, I'd like to say this forum is so helpful! I got through the first page last night! Thank you for putting it all together!

I have a couple of questions if someone could help me...

How is the continental breakfast at the YC lounge? Does anyone know the price?

How far is the walk (roughly) from the YC to the BC marketplace?

Are the buses really that bad to DTD and MK? This is our first trip without a car, so now I am worried!

And, do the pool activities cost anything?

Thank you all in advance! Just about 3 weeks, this is when I get really excited!!!:yay:

~Sarah

Are the buses really that bad to DTD and MK? This is our first trip without a car, so now I am worried!

And, do the pool activities cost anything? Sarah

For the contintental breakfast at the YC lounge, my wife and I found it very adequate (coffee, juice, breakfast danish donut toast or roll, cereal). It took care of us the mornings we didn't hit Captain's Grill which we found to have very good selections and reasonably priced (for Disney that is). Really can't tell you the price of the items at the lounge as we used our dining plan credits.

Walking from the YC lobby to the Market Place in the BC lobby only took us a few minutes (four to five at most). You are inside for most of the walk over and only have to go outside and under cover (past the health club and Beaches and Cream) for a few minutes. It's an easy stroll.

Bus to DTD and MK are not bad. Depending on when you go (time of year or time of day) the crowds to MK can be large or non-existant. We never had any issue with the MK bus but we have had to stand a few times. The bus to DTD is not bad, it's the ride back that takes a lot of time (and I mean a lot of time). It has been recommended that you take a cab for the return trip ($20 approximately) and I think that is a very good suggestion unless you are not in a hurry, then just sit back, relax and enjoy listening to all the conversations going on around you.

Pool activities are free as far as I've ever experienced but I bet MM can give you a better answer on this seeing her recent trip involved a lot of pool activitiy time.

Happy planning Sarah and welcome to the Dark Side (that's the other Dark Side, different than Dee's Dark Side adventure).

First, I'd like to say this forum is so helpful! I got through the first page last night! Thank you for putting it all together!

And, do the pool activities cost anything?

Thank you all in advance! Just about 3 weeks, this is when I get really excited!!!:yay:

~Sarah

*The YC continental breakfast is the same as the one served in the BC lounge. It's complimentary for club level guests :goodvibes. While staying CL, you are also entitled to snacks in the afternoon (cookies, homemade chips/dip, trail mix, swedish fish, drinks, etc), light appetizers from 5-7 (2 hot appetizers such as crab rangoons, scallops wrapped in bacon, etc., veggies, hummus, etc.) and then small dessert samplings from 8-10. Wine/beer/soda/etc. is also available.

*The walk is not that far from the YC to the BC Marketplace. The 2 resorts are connected together and there is a covered walkway to go from one to the other.

*The bus transportation from the YC to DTD is the longest out of all the bus routes from the YC/BC resort. It stops at the Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, Boardwalk, Typhoon Lagoon, DTD Shopping, and DTD West Side. In the AM the bus stops first at TL, but in the afternoon, I believe it stops @ DTD first. If you don't have to wait long for a bus, the total travel time could be anywhere from 25-40 min each way.

*The majority of the pool activities are free... the only exception might be if they're painting a t-shirt or ceramics.

Have a magical trip! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

For the contintental breakfast at the YC lounge, my wife and I found it very adequate (coffee, juice, breakfast danish donut toast or roll, cereal). It took care of us the mornings we didn't hit Captain's Grill which we found to have very good selections and reasonably priced (for Disney that is). Really can't tell you the price of the items at the lounge as we used our dining plan credits.

Walking from the YC lobby to the Market Place in the BC lobby only took us a few minutes (four to five at most). You are inside for most of the walk over and only have to go outside and under cover (past the health club and Beaches and Cream) for a few minutes. It's an easy stroll.

Bus to DTD and MK are not bad. Depending on when you go (time of year or time of day) the crowds to MK can be large or non-existant. We never had any issue with the MK bus but we have had to stand a few times. The bus to DTD is not bad, it's the ride back that takes a lot of time (and I mean a lot of time). It has been recommended that you take a cab for the return trip ($20 approximately) and I think that is a very good suggestion unless you are not in a hurry, then just sit back, relax and enjoy listening to all the conversations going on around you.

Pool activities are free as far as I've ever experienced but I bet MM can give you a better answer on this seeing her recent trip involved a lot of pool activitiy time.

Happy planning Sarah and welcome to the Dark Side (that's the other Dark Side, different than Dee's Dark Side adventure).

Thanks for all the info Katesdad!

Yes, I believe most of the pool activities are free, but things like the Mickey Tye-dye t-shirts have a fee. Not sure about the BINGO.

I agree that the buses to/from MK and to DTD are fine. Good advice on avoiding the bus FROM DTD. It s*cks!

Another option is described on page 1 of this thread on the Transportation post- my family takes a boat from DTD to one of the resorts, then we take a bus to EPCOT and play there for awhile. It may not be shorter than the bus from DTD but it is infinitely more enjoyable, and cheaper than a taxi (although that is not the main reason we do this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter