2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at the YC in Aug, I have a garden room booked, for our family of 5. YC vets..... should I do on-line check in?

Also laundry.... where is it and what kind of washing machines do they have and what kind of soap should I bring?

I have been informed that free wifi is no longer available in BC lobby, can anyone confirm this? Is there paid wifi in the rooms and at what charge please.

Travelling from UK for 14 nights commencing 3rd November

No free wifi in the lobby. You can get it in the lobby by paying a daily fee. You can also get a connection in your room for a daily fee but it is not wireless. I believe the charge is around $10 for 24 hours for either service.

Look at the very first post on this thread. The pins are shown. Someone on this thread had them made up, and you can request one from Teena. She will leave them at the check-in desk for you. They are so you can identify anyone else from this thread who is staying there at the same time as you.

You know - I started thinking about the pins running out, and wondered if it was possible when we left to leave the pins for Teena? That way they could be reused for others.

The box that was sent to me is huge ... I won't be running out of pins any time soon. I think you should all keep them and use them visit to visit. And remember, a "friend" is dropping them off for you at the front desk so you can get them when you check-in.

just wondering if taking the monorail from mk to epcot and walking back to beach club is too long in the afternoon. We have park hoppers, so that isn't a problem. I'm thinking it would be a relaxing way for my girls to ride back, especially with my two year old in the stroller. Thoughts? :confused3

We love doing this in the afternoon or even in the evening (as long as EPCOT is open later than MK!) And it's particularly handy if you have a little one sleeping in the stroller, because you need to fold up the stroller on the bus but not the monorail. The only time we didn't do this was during the day in July - a bit too hot for us then. We love how the monorail loops around EPCOT when it comes in - great view of the park! And we've also stopped to do a Kim Possible mission on the way to/from the monorail.

Have a great trip!

you can add me to the list.

going Dec 11 to the 15 staying at the BC standard view. if only Teena could upgrade me.

just wondering if taking the monorail from mk to epcot and walking back to beach club is too long in the afternoon. We have park hoppers, so that isn't a problem. I'm thinking it would be a relaxing way for my girls to ride back, especially with my two year old in the stroller. Thoughts? :confused3

DH and I use this way to and from the MK whenever possible. We love it but then again, we never use the boat from the YC to go to HS studios either. We love that walk and very seldom run into anyone else.

We decided to extend out trip by one day however, we couldn't add a day to our 10 day ressie at the YC and could only get a room at the the WL, which is kind of exciting because we have never been there. We booked a room only for the first night so we are looking for the quickest way to get to the YC to check in and get our passes. I think that the best way is to take a boat to the MK as early as possible and then take the bus that is dropping off the guests from the YC back to the resort. DH thinks that we should take the bus from the WL to DHS and then walk or boat over. Who wins this argument?

Husband got one of those elusive PIN emails & so I booked our trip for spring break - we are going to stay at the BCV... so excited!!!

I book most of our trips through a TA & I never get a PIN - husband books his annual conference on his own & always seems to get PINs...

Now I have to figure out our ADRs...

DH thinks that we should take the bus from the WL to DHS and then walk or boat over. Who wins this argument?

I would go with your husband on this one. You might find when you get to MK early in the morning that you end uip taking a bus to DTD before heading back to YC (happened to us in 2009) unless you get lucky and a driver agrees to drop you off. Quickest way though is a cab for around $20 which is what I'm planning on using after an evening dinner at Artist Point.

We're getting closer. I'm surprised we don't have more Christmas visitors. These two resorts are exceptionally decorated during the holidays.

TiggerFan3590 BC 11/30 – 12/07
Liltoot BC 12/01 – 12/05
MUNUmom BC 12/02 – 12/08
Pamelasu1 BC 12/03 – 12/08
Counselormom BC 12/03 – 12/11
Diseverestfan BC 12/04 – 12/11
Chaoticsweetness BC 12/05 – 12/10
KB24 BC 12/06 – 12/13
EspressoMom BC 12/07 – 12/13
AimHi BC CL 12/07 – 12/13
LeafsFanNL BC 12/08 – 12/12
Crazy4wdw BC 12/09 – 12/16
YanJan BC 12/11 – 12/15
Ilovejsparrow BC 12/12 – 12/18
West&East BC CL 12/18 – 12/23
Disneynuts BC 12/20 – 12/29
Gabe’s Mom BC 12/23 – 12/31
Cwnhokie BCV 12/11 – 12/15
DisneyMouser BCV 12/13 – 12/17
Kittycat9 YC CL 11/27 – 12/07
Aerorea YC 11/28 – 12/04
ThreeKMom YC 11/28 – 12/05
Katesdad YC 11/29 – 12/04
Sophie832 YC 12/02 – 12/12
GaSwan YC
Pamelasu1 YC 12/08 – 12/13
Alisaheather YC 12/09 – 12/15
Cocoabean1 YC CL 12/10 – 12/19
BLTLDZ YC 12/12 – 12/17
ChrisLMW YC 12/14 – 12/18
Arkansan YC CL 12/16 – 12/21

Good morning....live from BCV. Loving it as always. :cloud9:

Teena, it was great to see you yesterday. We'll be off to Epcot before you come in today but maybe I'll see you later in the day.

Katesdad, so true about the Christmas decorations.

Good morning....live from BCV. Loving it as always. :cloud9:

Teena, it was great to see you yesterday. We'll be off to Epcot before you come in today but maybe I'll see you later in the day.

Katesdad, so true about the Christmas decorations.

Have a great trip!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

The strips can work if you are not a totally crazy snorer. BUT - you have to make sure you put them on correctly. If they are in the wrong spot on your nose they won't do any good. The strips used to work for DH, but years later he's gotten worse and they no longer work. But I would definitely try them.[/QUOTE]

My DH is a snorer too, when we go on vacation I use ear plugs (works great) at home I use a sound machine. Ear plugs are a lot cheaper than those strips- the strips didn't work for DH

No free wifi in the lobby. You can get it in the lobby by paying a daily fee. You can also get a connection in your room for a daily fee but it is not wireless. I believe the charge is around $10 for 24 hours for either service.

Is there anywhere at the YC or BC where there is access to computers- like a business center- so I can send email to the kids at home

Hi everyone,

Getting excited about our trip in 40 days. I know I saw something about coffee pot sizes but can't find it now. I am pretty sure it said 4 cup pot, but wasn't sure if anyone said what filter to buy.

We are staying at the YC, not BCV if that matters. Is there a list for November and Thanksgiving visitors?

Thanks!

Is there anywhere at the YC or BC where there is access to computers- like a business center- so I can send email to the kids at home

I remember seeing computers for rental in CSR near the arcade area. Would be surprised if there isn't something similar.

BC/YC has it's own conference center but usually caters only to the conventions they have.

So no WiFi in the rooms? Better get our MiFi card from work if I need access during the night. Plan on bringing my iPad this time around. I'll have no problems during the day as I'll be at the conference.

BTW, add me to the list...

BC - Oct 14-21

So no WiFi in the rooms? Better get our MiFi card from work if I need access during the night. Plan on bringing my iPad this time around. I'll have no problems during the day as I'll be at the conference.

BTW, add me to the list...

BC - Oct 14-21

Tell me about mifi please as I want to manage with ipad! of course it does not have an ethernet connection for the room use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter