2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which was a very long way to get to this question:
Any of you that have stayed at both the Poly and the BC, can you tell me the reasons why you prefer staying at the BC? I don't need to be "sold" on it, just would love to hear why people prefer staying there... if that makes sense. :goodvibes Thanks in advance.

I've stayed at the YC and will be staying at the BC in Dec. I have stayed at the Poly twice I was even married out at sunset pointe,I also have a dog named Kona Cafe so I do have a love of the Poly. BUT...after my trip to the YC I am sold on these two resorts and this is why. The poly even though it's suppose to have a tropical feel is very dark,even the recent room updates and I still think it's dark. Plus, the way the rooms are all spread out we contantly got lost trying to find members of our wedding party! I did love the boat back and forth to the MK though. At the YC/BC I felt at home we became friendly with the greeters all the CM were so kind. It was bright and lively with just the right mix of people. The sand bottom pool well it's. sand bottom pool:cool2: you can walk to epoct, and the BW plus take a boat to HS how great is :woohoo:that one draw back is the small market place but that would be it. This time we are staying CL :cloud9:so we won't need the market place. Well I hope that help:)[/QUOTE]

I adored the Poly when we were there. I thought you were in the tropics. We didn't like their bus service and didn't use their monorail. We waited forever for buses two days of our stay and then we just walked to the TTC and used it from there. Much faster.

The BC is nice as it is very convenient to both Epcot and DHS. We have been to Disney a number of times but we never got to appreciate Epcot till the two Christmas' we stayed at the BC. It is quieter than the Poly is as it is not over run with folks for Ohanas throughout the day.

Does anyone know if the dock station has just the plug up so an iPad would plug?

TIA.

I'm at the YC now and my IPad cannot be plugged in to the docking station. However in the gym they have the connection to plug the IPad in.

-Nannette

Good point about the TA. I couldn't see any particular benefit for the WDW booking.

Go with the four day cruise, the three day isn't worth the hassle, the four day is a great way to get introduced to cruising, and DCL is the best (cannot beat Castaway Cay).

I've always used AAA for all my travel arrangements both at WDW and with DCL. The AAA discount makes it worthwhile for us since we are not AP holders and never seem to get those emails with the discounts. My TA always lets me know the day the docs arrive or the day any information comes out on closings or changes. Maybe I'm lucky but I have a great TA here.

Been waiting for those discount emails to happen just like I've been waiting for the upgrades. Don't ever expect them but it would be nice just once!

Which was a very long way to get to this question:
Any of you that have stayed at both the Poly and the BC, can you tell me the reasons why you prefer staying at the BC? I don't need to be "sold" on it, just would love to hear why people prefer staying there... if that makes sense. :goodvibes Thanks in advance.

We've stayed at both and like both for different reasons. For a week-long trip in August, we prefer BC. We love eating in Epcot and we scheduled all of our dinners at Epcot restaurants. Our kids are young (6, 4, and 2) so we always take some down-time in the afternoon. Then we can change into clean clothes and walk over to Epcot for dinner. As an added plus, my 6 year old recently discovered the Kim Possible missions and loved doing them every night either before or after dinner!

We're staying at Poly in January. I'm running the half-marathon and being on the monorail will make it more convenient for me to get to the start and then for my family to get to the finish. Plus, I'll run past the resort so my parents and kids (and DH is he decides not to run) can sleep later and just walk out to the road. It's a much shorter trip (arriving Thurs leaving Monday afternoon) so we don't have as many meals to schedule and the weather in January is iffy so we might not use the pool at all (although the Poly pool *is* very nice, even if it's not SAB).

Next August we'll almost definitely return to BC for the reasons stated above! Honestly, you can't go wrong!!!

Amanda

Teena How are you and Bob feeling today? Hope you're both better.:flower3:

I'm now sneezing and have a runny nose but my cough is almost totally gone - it might be allergies. Bob feels better today ... probably because he hit $375 in the lottery this morning ... one number away from $2 million. Can you picture what we'd do with $2 million. We'd probably be on the Disney Magic every other week but I'd still keep working at the BC too!!

Time to send me your requests for pins for those visits coming up in November and December!! Just PM me with:
(1) Name on Reservation
(2) BC, BCV or YC
(3) Arrival Date
(4) Amount of Pins

Since I'm taking off a bunch of Sundays and Mondays for my cruises in November and December, I want to make sure I have everybody's orders taken care of.

Jeanne called right before we went out there last week and asked me to come out for some testing they are doing ... to help in the classroom. Her class size has increased by 4 kids as of last week too. Luckily I won't be missing any work because she needs me on November 3, 4 and 5. I'm flying out on 11/2 (Tuesday) and will be back on 11/6 (Saturday). I think I'm helping pay for Southwest buying Airtran!

Teena glad you are feeling somewhat better. Probably is allergies. That would have been wonderful if DH won $2 million.

I'm now sneezing and have a runny nose but my cough is almost totally gone - it might be allergies. Bob feels better today ... probably because he hit $375 in the lottery this morning ... one number away from $2 million. Can you picture what we'd do with $2 million. We'd probably be on the Disney Magic every other week but I'd still keep working at the BC too!!

Wow Teena! Congrats to Bob on winning that much!

Amanda

hi, sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find an answer, we have seen a really good price for the beach club hotel but as we are 5 adults we didnt know if we could all fit in one room, we had a look at the first page and it says you can sleep five so just wondering what the 5th person will be sleeping on, thanks for any advice susie2

hi, sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find an answer, we have seen a really good price for the beach club hotel but as we are 5 adults we didnt know if we could all fit in one room, we had a look at the first page and it says you can sleep five so just wondering what the 5th person will be sleeping on, thanks for any advice susie2

Most rooms have a day bed.

Some of the rooms are 5 sleepers and have two queens and a daybed. If you are a party of 5 you will get one of those rooms. We have two different types of daybeds though. One will sleep a large adult but the other would only sleep a really small adult. If you should get a room with one of the smaller daybeds in it and you don't have an adult that will fit on it, then you can tell the front desk to send up a rollaway bed which will sleep a large adult.

I think I've read before that there are a limited number of cribs available on a first come / first served basis. Does anyone have experience with that?

We check in at BCV tomorrow and our stepson is concerned their 19 month old won't do well in a pack n play. DH thought to call the front desk and put a request on our reservation but he was just told there are no cribs - only pack n plays.

Has there been a change?

Reading this thread definitely makes me want to add BC to our trip! We are heading to WDW Dec 10-19, with reservation for the WL for the entire trip.

But I've just lately been thinking that splitting our stay would be fun!

Although I think my son is hesitant, as he is a commando-disney person. pirate:

I love the thouight of being so close to Epcot and HS. We have only been to WDW once before (we are Disneyland people from the Northwest :) ), that time staying at the Swan and WL. I can't remember if it was a hassle moving our bags?? I think I'll call WDW and see if I can do the reservation change easily :) BC just looks beautiful!!! :love:

I think I've read before that there are a limited number of cribs available on a first come / first served basis. Does anyone have experience with that?

We check in at BCV tomorrow and our stepson is concerned their 19 month old won't do well in a pack n play. DH thought to call the front desk and put a request on our reservation but he was just told there are no cribs - only pack n plays.

Has there been a change?

We stayed at BCV in August. At check-in I inquired about a "real" crib. The nice girl at the front desk wasn't sure if they had any but she called housekeeping. 10 min later we had a crib in our room. The lovely Mousekeepers even sent along an extra crib sheet. My son is 2 and quite tall for his age. And a lousy sleeper. The crib was truly heaven-sent!!!
I would not rely on the front desk to know but have them call housekeeping when you check-in. Aldo, in a pinch you could call the Orlando crib rental places. That was my back-up plan!

Amanda

We stayed at BCV in August. At check-in I inquired about a "real" crib. The nice girl at the front desk wasn't sure if they had any but she called housekeeping. 10 min later we had a crib in our room. The lovely Mousekeepers even sent along an extra crib sheet. My son is 2 and quite tall for his age. And a lousy sleeper. The crib was truly heaven-sent!!!
I would not rely on the front desk to know but have them call housekeeping when you check-in. Aldo, in a pinch you could call the Orlando crib rental places. That was my back-up plan!

Amanda

Thank you so much!!!! That eases my mind quite a bit. They are only staying with us one night, so it shouldn't be a huge deal if they don't have one handy. But we're hopeful.

Did I read that correctly?
The CL Lounge is open 24 hrs??

Also are there any king beds available in the CL standard view category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter