2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can you tell us about the food and drink offerings in BC concierge lounge?

We just returned from BC CL, here are some of the items we were offered:

From 7:00am-10:30am they had bagels, croissants, breads, muffins, fresh fruit - bananas, apples and mixed fruit containing watermelon, honeydew and cantelope. They also had yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, chocolate milk, coffee, tea and an assortment of cold cereal and hot oatmeal with various toppings to choose from.

From 11:30am-4:00pm they had 3 kinds of cookies, gummy fish, yogurt covered pretzels, trail mix, and home made chips and dip. In addition, they had had soda, lemonade, Evian and Perrier waters, etc.

From 5:00pm-7:00pm they had various assortment of cheese and crackers, assortment of veggies and dip, pita bread and hummus, olive and mozzarella salad, and two hot appetizers. Some of the appetizers were mini egg rolls, crab ragoon, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken on a stick, duck quesedillas and potstickers. In addition, they had 3 choices of wine and various choices of beer, including Heinken, and soft drinks.

From 8:00pm-10:00pm they had cordials (Grand Marnier, etc), beer, soft drinks, and lots of mini desserts - yummy!

We just returned from BC CL, here are some of the items we were offered:

From 7:00am-10:30am they had bagels, croissants, breads, muffins, fresh fruit - bananas, apples and mixed fruit containing watermelon, honeydew and cantelope. They also had yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, chocolate milk, coffee, tea and an assortment of cold cereal and hot oatmeal with various toppings to choose from.

From 11:30am-4:00pm they had 3 kinds of cookies, gummy fish, yogurt covered pretzels, trail mix, and home made chips and dip. In addition, they had had soda, lemonade, Evian and Perrier waters, etc.

From 5:00pm-7:00pm they had various assortment of cheese and crackers, assortment of veggies and dip, pita bread and hummus, olive and mozzarella salad, and two hot appetizers. Some of the appetizers were mini egg rolls, crab ragoon, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken on a stick, duck quesedillas and potstickers. In addition, they had 3 choices of wine and various choices of beer, including Heinken, and soft drinks.

From 8:00pm-10:00pm they had cordials (Grand Marnier, etc), beer, soft drinks, and lots of mini desserts - yummy!

YUMMY!!!! Here's to hoping I get some pixie dust so I can upgrade my room to CL. I keep trying but still fully booked at CL.

Jill

Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee

Oh, yes, of course. I have a zillion pictures of the little slide, but they all have our son in them! If I can't find something by February, I will make it my mission to take photos of the entire little slide area.

Thanks, again, for moving us over here, and for all your work!

Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee

I did take pics of this area in July. There were so many questions on the thread before we left on our trip and actually there were people looking for a "little" slide while we were at SAB.

I do need to download to photobucket. Hopefully later today.

YUMMY!!!! Here's to hoping I get some pixie dust so I can upgrade my room to CL. I keep trying but still fully booked at CL.

Jill

Have you tried the Yacht Club Concerige Level? Either or, they are both great. Yacht Club is beautiful. We are thinking of staying there next time.

@ Cinderumbrella
regarding your question about the depth of the water at the bottom of the big slide- I don't remember how deep it was, but I was reviewing a photo of the bottom of the slide and the pool is marked 4 feet (12 meters) where the slide lets out. So that seems to agree with the info you got from brunette earlier.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will DEFINITELY be able to ride it by June then!

And thanks for starting a new thread (and with pics in the beginning too!!!)

Thanks for starting this new thread! We're looking forward to our next stay at the Beach Club in less than a month - can't wait! :cool1:

I did take pics of this area in July. There were so many questions on the thread before we left on our trip and actually there were people looking for a "little" slide while we were at SAB.

I do need to download to photobucket. Hopefully later today.

Yay, HockeyMom!!!!

I rode the big slide last week and it was very fun. I was impressed, for a resort slide I was surprised it would be so much fun with all the twists and turns.

I saw the kidde slide, it's at the base of the big slide by the beach, it overlooks Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. If I had young children, I wouldn't mind sitting there chilling out watching them (and the activity going on around me, on the lake, etc).

Thanks so much for starting this thread! We will be at the Beach Club for the first time in 6 days.......can't wait:banana:

Have you tried the Yacht Club Concerige Level? Either or, they are both great. Yacht Club is beautiful. We are thinking of staying there next time.

We were at YC CL from 7/20 to 7/29 - it was fabulous! We stayed at the BC CL in July 2009. We really enjoyed both although I certainly enjoyed the larger CL lounge at the YC this year - we apparently missed the remodeled BC CL lounge last year. I understand that both lounges are comparable in size. They certainly have the same offerings.

My family seemed to prefer the YC to BC - if only because the bus stops at YC first!!:thumbsup2

We were at YC CL from 7/20 to 7/29 - it was fabulous! We stayed at the BC CL in July 2009. We really enjoyed both although I certainly enjoyed the larger CL lounge at the YC this year - we apparently missed the remodeled BC CL lounge last year. I understand that both lounges are comparable in size. They certainly have the same offerings.

My family seemed to prefer the YC to BC - if only because the bus stops at YC first!!:thumbsup2

I thought the outside to the Yacht Club was much prettier than the Beach Club. I also liked the close proximity of the Yacht Club to the Friendships Boats that took us to Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and the Boardwalk. Factor in a guarantee of a full balcony at the Yacht Club and we are going to try it out in June 2011. I love the whole Yacht Club/Beach Club feel and vibe. Everyone seemed happy!! I also want to stay at the Yacht Club because it's closer to the sandy beach pool area! This was our favorite spot!!

Here are some of the photos I am looking for to put on the FAQ front-page:

Beach Club- New Lobby
Yacht Club- Exterior (especially a view from the Boardwalk vantage point, with lighthouse in photo)- I know, picky picky.
Yacht Club- Lobby
SAB-Whirl Pool, Hot Tubs
Kiddie Slide (maybe HockeyMom) and Playground
Campfire (I have one taken during the day, looking for one with FIRE)
Movies on the Beach
Arcade
Health Club

Quiet Pool(s)

Beach Club Villas- exterior

Also, someone in the old thread posted a picture of their foot in the sinking sands. I will try to find this post and ask if I can use this.

At some point I will get room photos up, but this is not one of my priorities.

PM me if you have any of these photos to put into the FAQ section. I can credit you by screen name, real name or not at all.

Oh, and can someone click on a few of the small photos to see what happens and post back. I am hoping that the pictures get larger so you can see them better, but I didn't want to take up the extra space with all large photos.

Thanks!

I tried a couple thumbnail pics and they did enlarge.:thumbsup2

Yes, I just called yesterday to see if they had YC CL, no such luck. Oh well, I am just going to enjoy all the posts about CL and plan to book it for my next trip.

Great thread - thanks Dee!
We did have free marshmallows at the campfire while we were there. They handed out a small ziploc with about 4 or 5 in it and they had sticks to use as well.

I might have a picture of the kiddie slide from the pirate ship. I'll look. I'm still uploading pictures from our trip. I just loved hanging out there a couple evenings! I'm not sure I had a camera with me though.

We watched as they were moving and rearranging furniture in the lobby while we were there. I'd be excited to see the finished product. I think I have pictures of some chairs and the big floral arrangement. They might be the old stuff though.

Dee, I also clicked on the photos and they enlarged beautifully :thumbsup2 (But I cannot get the link on the 1st few posts about the CL lounge offerings to work)

Thanks to the PP who posted the You Tube link!!! I am going to show it to DS later. He has been so jazzed by all the info so far that he asked if we could switch from BWI to BC this November just so he can get on that slide! :rotfl:

Are the mattress new at YC? Are they comfortable? We stayed at AKL and beds was horrible but we stayed at GF and beds were comfortable (for anyone that stayed at YC and GF please share experience with beds).

Are the bedsheet good, AKL bedsheets was rough.
Thank you...my husband is asking me to switch to Swan b/c of his horrible experience with the beds at AKL

Dee, I also clicked on the photos and they enlarged beautifully :thumbsup2 (But I cannot get the link on the 1st few posts about the CL lounge offerings to work)

Thanks for the heads up on the broken link to the CL pictures. I think I fixed it, so again, if someone could check it out and let me know if either it does or doesn't work, I would appreciate it. My pictures are about mid-way down the page (page 187) of the Concierge Info thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter