**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

It will be crowded opening weekend because the Wine and Dine Half Marathon is also taking place. I expect there will be lots of people there because it's usually crowded on weekends, period.

The reservations only pertain to the special optional dining events (and food and wine seminars/demos) listed at the foodwinefest.com website linked in the first post. You don't need to plan in advance if you're intending to graze around the kiosks around World Showcase. Pay as you go when you're there.

:rotfl:Incentive to buy more, I mean since you have money on the card already...right?

So we will be missing on dates for F&W????:confused::sad2:
Boo!!!!!
By the way I loved that smoked fish thing when they had the troll booth too!

Missing on what dates? I know we overlap close to when I arrive.

:rotfl:Incentive to buy more, I mean since you have money on the card already...right?

I may have a couple bucks left over on a card. Are you clairvoyant or something? :laughing:

Let the planning begin! Thanks for putting this up here, Catherine!

So we will be missing on dates for F&W????:confused::sad2:
Boo!!!!!
By the way I loved that smoked fish thing when they had the troll booth too!

You all are there at least part of the time we are, Chelsi... so I don't think you are missing the F&W dates. :goodvibes

also, Taylor Dane...oh boy. I wonder if her hair will be a freaky as in the 80s

Saw her perform last year at F&W Fest
100_1414.jpg

I am so looking forward to this years food and wine, DH and I will be there celebrating our anniversary and just being with each other....

Happy times are a coming..:dance3:

Hey everyone i am heading home to saratoga springs on oct 17th thru oct 23rd to see EXPOSE'.If you all want to see a really great show come on and see EXPOSE' do there thing.See you all at that world.
MISSY

We will be attending our first F & W festival October 9th thru the 17th. I can't wait. I know it will be so exciting. No children just DH and myself this will be a fun yet relaxing trip. :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

DD23 & myself are there Oct 9-17, too. We are so excited. But I admit, I don't know who Howard Jones is, either. He's there the night we go to PFTS. Any speculation on the cost this year? We are going regardless, but just wondering.

Thanks for starting the thread, I can't wait to go!:banana:

DD23 & myself are there Oct 9-17, too. We are so excited. But I admit, I don't know who Howard Jones is, either. He's there the night we go to PFTS. Any speculation on the cost this year? We are going regardless, but just wondering.

Thanks for starting the thread, I can't wait to go!:banana:

When you ask about the cost what exactly are you referring to? The items at the food booths are usually between $2-$6 each, depending on what you're ordering; the wine samples are a little more; beer averages $6; specialty drinks are usually between $8 - $10.

As for the special events offered in conjunction with the festival ... it's anyone's guess as to whether or not Disney will continue to hold the line on pricing - they did a fairly decent job last year of keeping most events priced similarly to the prior year, but I'm not holding my breath that they won't jack prices up somewhere to pay for all the celebrity chefs they think everyone wants to see all the time.

Just joining in the fun :)

We'll be at the Food & Wine Festival from Oct 25th - Nov 2nd.

I think I am most interested to see what they do with the Party for the Senses. Will they stick with the themes from last year? Keep the Wine View thing? Offered reserved seating for all but jack up the price?

I used to love PFTS but now that we are hooked on V&A I'm not sure PFTS is really a great value for the expense.

I am interested in the 3D "Disney Dessert Discovery" or whatever it is. I've always wanted to attend an Illuminations Dessert Party and this sounds like an interesting way to do so. But here's hoping the desserts will be better than those at the Wishes Dessert Party!

You don't need tickets for any of the Eat to the Beat concerts—they are free with park admission—but you may want to line up early to get a good spot.

You pay as you go for the food booths set up around World Showcase. Each booth takes cash, credit cards, Disney Dining Plan snack credits (well, they have in previous years), or Disney gift cards. The food booths are only one aspect of the festival, though—they also have special "hard ticket" events like the Party for the Senses and the weekly dessert parties, plus seminars and cooking demonstrations, chef/author meet-n-greets, etc.

This page offers a great overview of last year's event so you can get a feel for what all is involved: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/

Thank you so much for the info and link!!! :thumbsup2

See the first post for info links. They'll be updated when 2010 information comes out.

I am so looking forward to this years food and wine, DH and I will be there celebrating our anniversary and just being with each other....

Happy times are a coming..:dance3:

We will also be celebrating our 40Th anniversary and we can't wait to be at the F&W Festival again. So happy I saw this thread.

We will be at F&W 10-29 to 11-7. Celebrating our 28th anniversary at The Bluezoo on the 30th. Looking forward to the Roger Hodgson concerts, and margaritas from La Cava!!

I think I am most interested to see what they do with the Party for the Senses. Will they stick with the themes from last year? Keep the Wine View thing? Offered reserved seating for all but jack up the price?

I read somewhere that Disney said they were not continuing the theme nights at PftS - They said it wasn't popular with guests. Fine by me, I was not too thrilled with Theme Nights. We got Asian last year. I like Asian cuisine just fine & you can pair with wine - but I didn't get any real Pow Pairings at that event last year.

We're there 10/13 - 10/22. We get Sister Hazel, Howard Jones, Expose & 38 Special. Quite a mix.

I hope they keep the Fisherman's Pie - it's the one thing we missed last year that I really wanted to try. I have no idea how we missed it - we usually spend at least 5 "meals" at the Festival Booths.... :confused3

I read somewhere that Disney said they were not continuing the theme nights at PftS - They said it wasn't popular with guests. Fine by me, I was not too thrilled with Theme Nights. We got Asian last year. I like Asian cuisine just fine & you can pair with wine - but I didn't get any real Pow Pairings at that event last year.

We're there 10/13 - 10/22. We get Sister Hazel, Howard Jones, Expose & 38 Special. Quite a mix.

I hope they keep the Fisherman's Pie - it's the one thing we missed last year that I really wanted to try. I have no idea how we missed it - we usually spend at least 5 "meals" at the Festival Booths.... :confused3

I hope they get rid of the theme nights! It was one of the things that turned us off PftS last year.

We missed the Fisherman's Pie too! I heard it was delicious. I have 2 or 3 lunches and 4 or 5 dinners planned for the booths this year :thumbsup2

can anyone tell me what the F&W hours will be? Many thanks! :thumbsup2

Not quite sure what part of F&W you mean specifically but historically, the Food Kiosks are open 11ish am to 9ish pm. The special events are at various times and venues. As with anything Disney these times are subject to change so you need to watch this thread to look for official announcements.

Food kiosks, same hours as Epcot World Showcase (apparently not including Evening Extra Magic Hours, word is they shut down after regular hours).

The Festival Center opens at 9 with Future World. Seminars are presented there for most of the day, usually ending before 6 PM. 4-6 culinary and wine seminars presented per day (the most per day are on weekends). Cost last year for seminars was $8 per person but we don't know about this year yet. There were a few free presentations - book authors (no, the books aren't free), Taste Of seminars (you get a taste of something like vanilla, coffee or honey but not a full sample of food)

Special festival events - check the time schedules. 2010's isn't out yet, but you can see 2009 via a link in the first post. (Not all the special events take place inside Epcot, some take place in the resorts. Some of those that take place inside Epcot require that you already have Epcot admission, and some do not.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter