2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan has had issues with the DP since day one. They must be doing OK since they choose to still participate.

They will still have problems with customers listing it under "Specialties"

But what do I know :rolleyes:

It's really a shame. It's basically two or three eateries, out of over a hundred, that make this aspect of the Dining Plan more complicated than it needs to be.

I wonder how do they determine how much of a dessert sampler to give people (on the DP) at Tony's? How big is the sampler for party of 1 as opposed to party of 4? Not that it's worrying me that much, I'm sure we'll be quite full and happy with out lot, lol!

Are CS credits for kids seperate from adults? They used to be all lumped together. How would lets say pops food court know If I went down and bought 4 regular meals and no kids meals? How does it work?

The CS credits are all in a combined pool. Disney relies principally on each guest's integrity to comply with the rule against using child meal entitlements for adult meals.

can a CS be substituted for 3 snacks?

and, can a TS be substituted for a CS and 2 extra snacks?

(i tried "search" but couldn't find an answer to either)

FWIR, the only exchange officially sanctioned is the 1TS exchange into 1CS and 2 snacks and a cheap lanyard, and that offer is subject to end in early October. The only other exchange I've read a significant number of reports about is the 1TS exchange into 1CS (no snacks, no lanyard) which preceeded the officially sanctions exchange offer, and that was subject to the discretion of the front-desk of your resort.

bicker said:
The Dining Plan is indeed limited to only those in your party, i.e., those registered in your hotel room(s).
What if you don't want the DDP for all the people in your party? DW and I were wondering about buying just 1 DDP and share ( you know, when two are in love :love: :love2: , it is enough that only one eats ;) ) , and maybe just buy a few extras. Does anybody know if it's possible? :confused:

I don't know if this has been asked before, it's just that is a TR tooooo long :surfweb:

Thanks! :wave:

Unfortunately, you are required to purchase the Dining Plan for all those registered in your hotel room. If you don't plan on eating that much, then you're better off without the Dining Plan.

bicker said:
Unfortunately, you are required to purchase the Dining Plan for all those registered in your hotel room. If you don't plan on eating that much, then you're better off without the Dining Plan.

I wanted to thank you for helping me out with answering questions on this thread. :goodvibes

BTW what are you doing up at 4:30AM!!!

bicker said:

Ok bicker, thanks for your answer!

Are AP holders still unable to make use of the Dining Pkg?
I see the DVC are now eligible.

I've been away from the DISBoards for almost a year (sorry).
I've been trying to catch up with some threads, but my eyes are starting to cross and my brain is turning to mush (data overload).

TIA for an update. (I can't believe how much I missed these boards).

If you're not staying at a DVC resort on DVC points (or via II exchange) than admission purchase must be part of your Dining Plan package, regardless of whether you already have purchased admission (in your case, an AP).

OK, I understand that everyone in the room must buy the dining plan if any buy it. But do all of our admission tickets need to be for the same number of days? For example, 2 of us have purchased 7 day tickets, no expiry, although we are only staying 4 nights this time. Dining plan is for 4 days/nights. If we add 2 people to our reservation, can we purchase dining for them for the 4 days and purchase tickets for only those 4 days or do they have to purchase 7 day tickets, too, because we already did so?

Thanks!

Yes. The initial purchase of admission for all folks in your party must be the same.

Sorry to bug you guys and I hope it's OK to post this question here.
I am new to DISboards and am so....glad I have found all of you!

We have gone to Disney with Grandma, Bappa, Mom, Dad, Daughter and Uncle every year since my daughter was born in 2002. She is 3 (turning 4 in November)l. We go to WDW October 11th for an EIGHT night stay at the Grand Floridian and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! My son (who will be on his first vacation)will turn ONE there on the 12th and my parents will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary there on the 15th.
We have the trip all set and just realized that maybe we should upgrade to the hopper PLUS dining. We sat down and looked at all our reservations and thought "WOW, that's a lot of cash being spent on meals!" Is it even too late to do this???
Here's what we are doing. What do you guys think? We have an eight night package with hoppers! There are 5 adults, 1 child, 1 baby. Here's where our reservations are at:

Cindy's Castle breakfast
Cindy's Castle dinner
Crystal Palace dinner
Donald's breakfast
Cape May dinner
Concourse Steak house
Citricos
Garden Grill Lunch
Mitsukoshi dinner
I think that's it...YIKES!
The pro I have already thought of was that we would have 6 months to pay off the DDP and the con I thought of was that when we did the DDP in 2005 we felt like we were always eating and looking for places to use up our plan.
Would love your guys opinions!

My Mom (my personal travel agent) just called and they just informed her that since we booked the promotional package that ended September 30th that we couldn't add it to our hopper package.
Any thoughts or tricks to add it anyway?? Is it worth the trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter