20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by justmestace
The sound of the horn is my favorite part of the cruise....well almost. I wait out on the balcony with my video camera as we leave Castaway Cay, just to record the horn. When we left Nassau, my parents and I were up on the top deck watching the Capt. maneuver the ship around and out of port when the warning came about the horn. I didn't cover my ears. I figured it would be a great way to go deaf, with that being the last sound I heard.

Thank you for mentioning that there is a warning, I'd prefer that my last view of Cash is NOT his cute little bottom clearing the railing in fright...
What does this warning sound like?:eek: :eek:

How much time between the warning and the lovely horn?

Tomorrow, after the doc and before work, I have to take the dog to the Pet Resort. And it really is....they have TV's and everything!

The kids are staying with our foreman and his wife. They just bought a new home in a community called Anthem. It is an unbelievable place. Parks everywhere, one with a train that gives rides, fishing ponds, wave pool, rock climbing walls, skating rinks, skate board ramps. My kids will never want to come home. We live on 5 acres with no neighbors. We do have a creek and mountains, but still...it's no contest.

DANG--I lost!

Lynda--you got it.

And I have NO IDEA how long between warning and horn...this is our first cruise:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Lynda......thank you for saving me from the insanity of talking to myself.

The only time I ever heard the warning was when we were out on deck. Someone spoke on the intercom system simply saying that it was goingto sound, and to leave or cover your ears or something to that effect.
If you're in the room, I'm not even sure if you'd hear it, but usually the Captain is speaking (that inescapable voice from above that enters your room when you least expect it) and you know that when he's done, it will sound.

Do they have doggie life vests?

Did you check into the "Poop Deck" idea?

Hi Fellow and future cruise meets. Annie Dw Jaclyn D D and myself Randy will be cruising with you. hopefully between now aand then we can plan a meet and some exciting times. we just came home from a two week back to back western eastern from jan 31 until feb 14th Arrrrgggghhhh Eh ! pirate: Randy :wave:

:wave: Welcome, welcome, welcome, Randy and family.
Please do not be scared off by our crazy talk. We have set goals to reach a zillion posts before the cruise.

Very nice to "meet" you, and see your great family!!

How great...back to back cruises? Are you ready to go back already???

I'm Stacey!

Stacey, how do you like Christmas at Disneyland?? We have gone in the summer, but DH is talking about doing a Christmas trip since he HATES the flight from Seattle to Orlando. We usually to WDW at Christmas. So, how is DL at Christmas?

Randy,
How old is Jaclyn? I have a daughter who will be 14 when we cruise, and a son who will be 11. They are Jordan and Jared.

Stacey

Randy--as Stacey said, don't be scared off by stranged posting behavior here. Posting goals--daily and other--cause some of us to do strange things.

;) ;)

EEEK! That is the first time I every got a message saying we can only post every 49 seconds!!! Has that always been there???:earseek:

Welcome Randy et al......

It's a fun - and crazy group we have going here... That's for sure....

Be prepared for a bunch of PMs with newsletter information, etc..

Have a great night!

Virgil
pirate:

The first time we had ever been to Disneyland at Christmas was in 2002. We went there to meet up with our dinner partners from our May 2002 cruise. We had never met before the cruise, and we all fell in love with eachother.
Anyway....I have never been so enchanted in my entire life. I was born and raised in Nebraska, with snow & tons of family and lots of get togethers, singing, games. Down here, it is just Jay and I and the kids. It has been so lonely and sad at Christmas for me.
Going to Disneyland made it actually feel like Christmas again. If you've been to WDW you know what I mean by that part. The timing of the trip is everything. We go from about the 18th of Dec to the 22nd. That way, we miss the big Christmas crunch. One more day, and the crowds would be unbearable.
The have everything running...parades, fireworks, Fantasmic...every night.
As far as I'm concerned, it's now my favorite time to go....and we've gone in the Spring, summer. fall.

Yep - you can only post once every 50 seconds.....

I hate it when we're trying to get more posts.... :mad:

:teeth:

Virgil
pirate:

Greetings, Doctor.....you must be working? Hope it's quiet for you....unless you work on commission. ;)

Yep.....you are limited on your postings....can't be too close...don't know why.
Maybe so that it's harder to get the top of the page!!! :p

2Belles - ya beat me to the TOP....

Oh well....

Yep - looks like Randy is either starting at page one and reading....

or we scared him off...... Good thing garRy isn't here....

:earseek: :teeth: :hyper: :hyper:

Virgil
pirate:

Speaking of T.O.P. YIPPEE!!!! Look at what you did!!!!

And I bet you weren't even trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter