Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiominnie

<font color=teal>It's interesting when you google
Well, let's get the thread started!!

Who else is in?

We've got two rooms....
Me, ohiomickey and our two kids in one
and my parents in another (next door but not connecting)

Anyone else?

We are right there with you! We will swing by and pick you up on the way.

Me, DH, DD(4 at cruise time) & DD (7 at cruise time)

Yeah!!!

Happy Cruising!

LG123,
You've already got your countdown clock! WOO-HOO!

Count us in. My DH (MarkRG) and I are in room 7122 Navigator Veranda.

We have a couple more trips to Disney that we need to countdown to first!

It will be Me(Robin), DH (Mike) and DS-9 (Matt)

Early Dining - Secret Porthole Room

DH and I have Cat. 8 #7514 on hold. I need to think about this as it is really expensive and we're already doing a 7-day Western next May. We've cruised the 7-day Eastern during Christmas in 2001 and it was simply wonderful. Christmas onboard is great!

But...we still need to think about it.

we too are "thinking" about the cruise. Would love to go but have two big questions:
1-will DH who is a teacher even be out of school by 12/18
2- can we really spend almost 9K for a cruise? But it is 10 days.....

We have till Friday to get back with Michelle....help!

We also have a "hold" on a cat. 11 room. For DH, myself and DS(13) and DD(9) it will be a little over 6700.00. That is alot of $ in our family. I'm waiting to see if Dreams has a little lower price. However, I doubt it will be THAT much lower. (heavy sigh)

I'm thinking about it.

If we do it, it will be DS 13 (at time of cruise) and I. I know he will have to miss 4 days of school in order to take the trip. (I've never taken him out of school for vacation.) He'll be in the 8th grade then. NYC does not end the semester before Christmas break, so I know he'll miss at least 2 days of classes.

I was quoted $3,927 for a Cat. 11. I'm waiting to hear from DU.

My heart is saying do it, my head is saying no.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
DH and I have Cat. 8 #7514 on hold. I need to think about this as it is really expensive and we're already doing a 7-day Western next May. We've cruised the 7-day Eastern during Christmas in 2001 and it was simply wonderful. Christmas onboard is great!

But...we still need to think about it.

Yeah, we just can't justify it. We're out. I'll call tomorrow to release our hold. We've cruised DCL for Christmas before and know how wonderful it is...you all are going to have such a fantastic time! I can't wait to hear about it!

***HAVE FUN!***

ohiomickey and I are thinking we're out too. Like others, we can't justify the cost. It'd be about $16K for us as we'd be crusing with my parents and we never make them pay for Disney trips.
The excitement of speculating the route and dates was so overwhelming that now, the reality just stinks!
We'll make the final call here soon, but we're leaning heavily towards cancelling. :(

I have 2147 on hold until the weekend. A BIG price to consider. Plus we are both in retail and have to worry about taking off that time of year.

We have a hold on 8076... we're thinking about it, too (in $12,000 range). I'm leaning towards not putting down the deposit since it's so expensive. $12,000 is a lot of $$!! :(

I did contact Dreams Unlimited and have a hold on room #6134, category 6 for category 7 price. Great room, but BIG BUCK$! It would be myself, DH and DD (7 @ the time of sailing). No insurance, transfers or airfare and with a $200.00 instant rebate from dreams it still will cost $7490.05.
We LOVE Christmas & Disney & Cruising our Anniversary is even the day after Christmas, but that is too much $$.
We have decided we could get 2 cruises for the price of this one. I will be releasing the room back to inventory.
Heck for THAT kind of money I would rather purchase an add-on to my DVC points!:(
Happy Cruising to all the lucky cruisers and if you want to adopt a family for Christmas 2004 we're here for ya!:smooth:

Dropping like flies....
hang.gif

at this rate we'll have the entire ship to ourselves :smooth:

I think a lot of people who are taking a pass on this one are not realising you are getting 2 cruises for the price of one. Well, actually, more like two and a half, with KW from the Western, both the Eastern ports and two NEW ones thrown in for good measure! Yes, it is not cheap. I'm sure it could be a lot cheaper if we just sailed around the ocean for 10 days, but what fun would that be? It's the ports that are setting the price where it is.

But this is a one time experience not to be missed, and it is about a year and a half off to save up for.

I said it before the DVC member cruise, and after I still say it. If you want to see what the member cruise was about, just click on the Monorail Green link below.

Originally posted by MarkRG
I think a lot of people who are taking a pass on this one are not realising you are getting 2 cruises for the price of one. Well, actually, more like two and a half,

Scratching my head with this one...
Hmmm.... 2 1/2 cruises? :confused: Can you explain the math with that one?

Just for fun I priced out some other cruises...(all family of 4, cat 6)
I could go 9/4 on the Eastern for $3898
I could back to back with the 9/11 Western for $4211.

That brings me to a grand total of $8109. 14 cruise days total and 7 port days.

Dec 2004 would cost us $9333 10 cruise days total and includes 6 port days.

I tend to lean toward Mark's calculations. Ohiominnie, do the same calculations, but change the dates to this Xmas. Remember you can only compare a Xmas Cruise to another Xmas Cruise. II don't have the figures with me at work, but I added the price of a Cat 10 7 day Xmas Cruise to a 3Day Xmas Cruise (10 days but less ports) and the savings was very apparent.

Good point, TnRobin!
Of course, you have to think about if that extra $$$ is worth it just to cruise at Christmas.
We're not sure yet. :) $16K is a chunk of change.
Thanks for the clarification though! I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter