2 Days in London - Help Please

Can I ask how you got tickets? My dh and I both "lined up" online for the last release a few weeks ago; he was number 18,000 in line and I was number 33,000 (they said anyone over 10,000 didn't have much hope of getting tickets). Needless to say after hours "in line" neither of us got tickets.

The concierge at the Four Seasons Hyde Park told me tell me they had a reputable re-seller of HP tickets but it would be double the price. No thanks!

We'd be willing to plan a weekend trip around tickets as well. We just can't get tickets :(
Its a huge ticket item. Are you staying at FS Park Lane?

Can I ask how you got tickets? My dh and I both "lined up" online for the last release a few weeks ago; he was number 18,000 in line and I was number 33,000 (they said anyone over 10,000 didn't have much hope of getting tickets). Needless to say after hours "in line" neither of us got tickets.

The concierge at the Four Seasons Hyde Park told me tell me they had a reputable re-seller of HP tickets but it would be double the price. No thanks!

We'd be willing to plan a weekend trip around tickets as well. We just can't get tickets :(
When are you staying and where are you staying

Sorry to hear that. I tried the Friday Forty too the week before we left just in case and no dice. If the price is only doubled, I'd consider that a bargain to be honest. I have seen them as high as £2,000 per ticket. There were reports of some being as high as £6,000. I resorted to Stub Hub UK since they guarantee the tickets are real or your money back. Bear in mind re-sold tickets may be denied entry by the theater. The theater can require you to show a credit/debit card the tickets were purchased with or the original confirmation email. There's a way around that though. I looked for Saturday dates that had tickets to select for part one and part two of the play being sold together in my price range and best seats for that price range. I made sure the airline I would be flying had seats available on miles so I could leave Thursday night after work, arrive to London on Friday and fly home Sunday.

To get around the resold tickets issue and make sure we even got tickets on time I took a few extra precautions. The tickets don't get mailed out until a week or two before the show. I had Stub Hub UK request the seller to send the tickets to their address instead of mine since they are just down the street from the theater. I also asked Stub Hub to contact the seller and request that they forward me the original confirmation email from the theater as well. I printed out the email. On the theater website there is a gift certificate one can print out and fill in to gift the tickets. I did that and addressed them to myself from "Uncle Guyselling Ticketsonstubhub" and brought that with me in my purse. It tuned out none of that was necessary but I wanted to have backup on the off chance I was randomly selected to have my tickets questioned. Stub Hub said that the people having issues were the ones with resold tickets and picking up at the box office.

Fun fact: When we arrived in London and went through Border Control the agent asked the purpose of our visit. We told him we flew in to see the HP play. He laughed and said, "You and every other American." The show seems to be pretty popular on our side of the pond LOL

I plan to go see it again on Broadway next year. One of my bucket list items had been to see a show on the West End. Being able to say I flew to London for the weekend to see a show was icing on the cake. :rotfl:
Did you see anything else? show wise?

Did you see anything else? show wise?

No. We got in Friday late morning checked into the hotel and then went to the British museum. I didn't want to chance purchasing tickets for Friday and there being a flight delay and I had to leave Sunday so I could get home and be at work Monday. Saturday was the play which is in 2 parts. Part 2 is at 12:30 and goes on for 2 hours 40 minutes. Part 2 starts at 7:30 pm and goes on for 2 hours 35 minutes. So it pretty much takes up the entire day and evening.

One of the river tourboats will take you to just about all of the major must see places. You can get off at stops and get back on another one.

The Harry Potter tour is awesome - but it will take up your whole day. It is a decent train and then bus ride to get to. We only did it Elon the trip that our kids joined us. They were 12, 9, and 8 and absolutely loved it!

If you are into the theater - their shows are better than broadway (in my opinion) I've seen several there, but Les Mis (I've seen it in 9 different cities) was the best I've seen, as was the Lion King!

Harrod's is unbelieveably overpriced. Walk by, check out the awesome food area, and go do something else! Notting Hill is a great way to spend some of your day, too.

The imperial war museum is mind blowing (and free)

One of the river tourboats will take you to just about all of the major must see places. You can get off at stops and get back on another one.

The Harry Potter tour is awesome - but it will take up your whole day. It is a decent train and then bus ride to get to. We only did it Elon the trip that our kids joined us. They were 12, 9, and 8 and absolutely loved it!

If you are into the theater - their shows are better than broadway (in my opinion) I've seen several there, but Les Mis (I've seen it in 9 different cities) was the best I've seen, as was the Lion King!

Harrod's is unbelieveably overpriced. Walk by, check out the awesome food area, and go do something else! Notting Hill is a great way to spend some of your day, too.

The imperial war museum is mind blowing (and free)
Hamilton coming soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter